Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I always check comiXology daily so I don't miss any good deal.

Jumped on that Transmetropolitan sale today.
    I check them daily too, first thing in the morning. I somehow missed the Detective offer. I emailed comixology, and their response was "you should have signed up for our mailing list". So, instead of having a lead-in to buying the storyline they freebie led into, I am no longer buying from them at all. At least that helps me with my decision as to what digital comics and collections to buy ... none.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by outlander78 View Post
    I check them daily too, first thing in the morning. I somehow missed the Detective offer. I emailed comixology, and their response was "you should have signed up for our mailing list". So, instead of having a lead-in to buying the storyline they freebie led into, I am no longer buying from them at all. At least that helps me with my decision as to what digital comics and collections to buy ... none.
    The Summer Dailies are apparently noon to noon. If you checked this morning you should have seen it at the very top banner. I saw the free Detective all morning until shortly before noon, then it was blank for a bit while they swapped it over to Magnus.

I've missed thousands of limited time freebies over the years. Missing one isn't going to make me miss the next one though!

All-New Member

I check the box of offers that scrolls/rotates daily. I missed the banner above. Their customer service is terrible - I missed the offer by an hour, and their response wasn't "here, you can have it", it was "too bad". I am surprised by how angry this made me. No wonder so many people complain about them online.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/...om-comixology/

seems like it's about 80% still active

also free right now

Astonishing X-men #1
    FCBD Rocket Raccoon
    FCBD Guardians of the Galaxy

I've certainly missed my share of freebies. Doesn't mean they've lost my business as a result. My experience with their customer service and response time would currently rate 5/5, and I've contacted them about a handful of times over the past year for various things, but I've never requested a missed free or sale book. People miss them everyday. I wouldn't have had the nerve to ask for that and would definitely not have thought that they'd honor it.

All-New Member

I did not ask - it is just how I would have handled it in their place. What drove me away was the "too bad" response. That is the tone, not a quote.

This follows last week where their authentication failed and I could not read the books I had paid for for a twelve hour window.

They chose not to put this promotion in the app I check daily, but only on the website. I checked today, and still would have no idea if all I used was their app. Bad design there.

Incredible Member

Two more FCBD books appeared yesterday, and two more today, so search for FCBD if you want to pick up some more freebies.

A new sale, Turboten Vol. 1: Génésis for $.98 and French readers only.

The Age of Apocalypse sale is still ongoing, so I guess it wasn't Marvel Monday, that usual banner never actually appeared iirc.

Today's summer reading freebie should show up on their site around noon eastern. This is your final warning to get Magnus: Robot Fighter #1 for free as yesterday's selection.

Incredible Member

The Summer Reading freebie is Lumberjanes #1 from Boom! Studios. No other new freebies, bundles, or sales found. Three previous sales continue.

New comic freebie on the Kindle Store, Scientists That Changed the World: The Story of Wireless, An Educational Comic Book for Kids (A Historical Science Comic Book for Kids).

I've had good experiences with their customer service.
    I had some issues making purchases on my Kindle , because I have crappy internet connection. I'd buy, but then lose connection as it was processing the purchase. I would get an email confirmation, but in the app it wouldn't show as purchased, nor show in the My Purchases section. I had prompt response to my emails and they manually added the books to My Purchases.

I personally don't look at missing sales as their problem but mine; it would never occur to me to ask for one to be extended.

All-New Member

I wasn't asking for an extension. I was just angry about the poor communication. Something as simple as "We apologize for failing to include the item in the list of promotions advertised through our app. This will be fixed going forward." would have been awesome. "Your fault; too bad" is not the message any store should give anyone.

Am I the only person who feels burned when they learn about sales after the ended?

Quote Originally Posted by outlander78 View Post
    I wasn't asking for an extension. I was just angry about the poor communication. Something as simple as "We apologize for failing to include the item in the list of promotions advertised through our app. This will be fixed going forward." would have been awesome. "Your fault; too bad" is not the message any store should give anyone.
    Can you post this email you got from them? No offense, but I'd love to see if this attitude is in the actual email or if you're imaging it.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

BANNED

Speaking of missing things ... what was the Summer Reading Freebie before LumberJanes? I got Magnus, but was there something after it besides LumberJanes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Speaking of missing things ... what was the Summer Reading Freebie before LumberJanes? I got Magnus, but was there something after it besides LumberJanes?
    I think it was a free My Little Pony volume regularly priced at 9.99.

Incredible Member

No new freebies so far today. The Summer Reading freebie is a few hours away probably.

A new sale, lasting until 6/2, on Richard Stark's Parker. Volumes 1-4 are $3.99, $4.99, $5.99, and $4.99; or bundled for $16.99.

Another sale on Farscape from Boom, ending 6/1/14. 56 issues of the various series for $.99 each or bundled for $39.99.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I think it was a free My Little Pony volume regularly priced at 9.99.
    That's correct.

They put them up at about 1100 EST and they are there for 24 hours until the next one replaces it. I usually do my daily updates of all found bundles/sales/freebies earlier than 1100. I may occasionally come back into the thread with a second reminder, but no promises