Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Today's Summer Reading freebie is Insufferable #1 by Mark Waid and Peter Krause from Thrillbent.

No new sales, bundles, or other freebies found.

Incredible Member

Today's Summer Reading Freebie is Afterlife with Archie #1. Nice, I was looking forward to trying this one.

Today's Marvel Monday is the original Lee/Kirby X-Men 1-66, also available in a bundle for $59.99.

Ending 6/13 is a Wonderland sale. 43 $.99 singles or 11 collections priced $2.99 to $6.99.

BANNED

I recommend the Wonderland series. Its much better than the covers or Zenescope's reputation indicates. Give it a try.

(Return to Wonderland was the first published story.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    (Return to Wonderland was the first published story.)
    Thanks for anticipating my question!

Incredible Member

Today's Summer Reading Freebie is Shutter #1 from Image.

Viz is now on Comixology and they have a sale on Blue Exorcist vol 1 for $1.99 which is about 70% off.

Onipress has a sale on Letter 44 until 6/12/14. Issues 1-5 are $.99 and issue 6 is $1.99, or all are bundled for $5.99. I just read the first issue (free last week) and it's a great story. Having issue one already, the bundle is actually a few cents more expensive, but I think I'll buy it that way anyway so I don't have that annoying 'buy' option on the bundle page even though I own each of the issues. #ocdminutiae

DC/Vertigo have a weeklong sale on Preacher. All 66 issues, plus the 4 issue Saint of Killers mini, and the 5 one-shots for $.99 each, no bundle option.

A new freebie from DC is the DC Entertainment Essential Graphic Novels and Chronology.

A freebie on the Marvel site/app is Disney Kingdoms: Seeker of the Weird #1 with promo code weird.

Marvel has added 8 X-Men collections to their Marvel Collections Sale.
    X- Necrosha collects 14 books for $14.99
    X-tinction Agenda collects 13 books for $14.99
    X-Cutioner's Song collects 14 books for $9.99
    Mutant Massacre collects 13 books for $14.99
    Inferno collects 21 books for $14.99
    Fatal Attractions vol 1 collects 14 books for $5.99
    Fatal Attractions vol 2 collects 14 books for $5.99
    Age of X collects 8 books for $9.99

I'm not much of an X-Man fan, but some of those prices have me tempted. Any recommendations?
    Last edited by Trevor; 06-10-2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added marvel freebie

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    A freebie on the Marvel site/app is Disney Kingdoms: Seeker of the Weird #1 with promo code weird.
    Nice find. I've been wanting to read this, but Marvel takes forever to drop their prices.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Nice find. I've been wanting to read this, but Marvel takes forever to drop their prices.
    I cant see where to put the promo code ?

I used Marvel's webpage. When you get to the checkout page, there's a box labeled "Add Promo Code." Enter the code there.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Incredible Member

I checked the DC and Marvel apps today and found newly free items in both.

The Summer Reading Freebie for today is 7th Sword #1 from IDW.

I checked the DC and Marvel apps today and found newly free items in both.
    I didnt care to share which titles

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    I didnt care to share which titles
    Uh, really? Am I misreading this or are you complaining that I didn't list specific freebies? There are hundreds of freebies on Comixology and what each of us already has or stumbles upon is going to be different. I found about 20 freebies today. I'm not going to list each one every day. I think perhaps it's enough that I try to help the community each day with these posts.

I apologize if I'm misreading and thinking negatively of you unfairly.

Uh, really? Am I misreading this or are you complaining that I didn't list specific freebies? There are hundreds of freebies on Comixology and what each of us already has or stumbles upon is going to be different. I found about 20 freebies today. I'm not going to list each one every day. I think perhaps it's enough that I try to help the community each day with these posts.

I apologize if I'm misreading and thinking negatively of you unfairly.
    I was asking what are the new freebies for both Marvel and DC on their apps as I did see freebies but nothing NEW to my eyes

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    I was asking what are the new freebies for both Marvel and DC on their apps as I did see freebies but nothing NEW to my eyes
    Ah, punctuation missing. I apologize for thinking you were calling me out for being lazy.

The freebies in the Marvel app free section get changed around frequently; and even though I check it thoroughly every week or so, there were four new ones there for me today. Ant Man, Iron Man, Age of Apocalypse, and House of M #1s. In the DC app, Injustice season two #1 was newly free to me. The new freebies aren't always at the top in chronological order they sneak in freebies in older sections.

Searching various words like FCBD and preview I found over a dozen new to me freebies in Comixology. Everyone's mileage may vary depending on if you found these freebies earlier, but many of them must be fairly new to the libraries or newly free, because I look for things often.

Incredible Member

Today's Summer Reading Freebie is Starlight #1 from Image.

No new sales, bundles, or other freebies found.

Two new properties now on Comixology are the Planet of the Apes books from Boom! and The Spirit weeklies from DC for $.99 each. Only 25 of those classic eight page gems so far. I'm also interested in the PotA books, but I'm sure they'll have a sale on them soon.

Incredible Member

Today's Summer Reading Freebie is a week late for the anniversary, but wow, a $20 book, Normandy: A Graphic History of D-Day from Zenith Publishing.

Yesterday or so, another FCBD book was added, Scratch9.

Ending 6/15 from Boom, a big sale on Mark Waid's 'I' Trilogy:
    singles of Irredeemable #1-37 and artist's edition of #1
    singles of Incorruptible #1-30
    singles of Insufferable #1-8
    single of the new Insufferable 2: On the Road #1
    also 21 different collections of the above, including some onmibi
    also a bundle of 65 singles (missing artist's #1 and the newest vol 2 #1) for $59.99

I'm not bored enough (yet) to do the math, but it looks like it may be possible to pick and choose omnibi and singles and beat the bundle price.

Ending 6/15 as well, from Marvel, we get a big Fantastic Four by Lee/Kirby sale:
    issues #1-50
    annuals #1-3
    bundled for $49.99 (three issues were free in the past, so buying singles separately can save some ~$.50 off the bundle price, but give you that annoying "buy" option on a bundle you otherwise completely own #ocdminutiae)