Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm looking to plot another title or two - does any line have open space or is anyone looking for someone to pitch a specific series? I have a number of different ideas I'd love to implement, especially in the lines which I don't have a book in yet (which are most of the lines).

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Very very nice. So good in fact I've added it to post #1 of the Bullpen.

As for templates, template B for me, every time. I love Whit's design but, my god, that new logo is smooth and standout. It's like the Marvel logo but plus, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    My plan with this book would be to explore Wolverine’s life, so it would take place primarily in various periods of time since 1833, though we’d see how those past exploits would affect the present and future. I would primarily use Baron Blood as a WWI-era villain, so in that respect I think sharing would be cool?

What if we have them drawn like they’re different people playing the roles and never cross reference them?
    Okay, I can live with that. But, Ex, hold back on the double-requests from now on. Toes are being stepped on.

For Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, that's a definite no. We all agreed to AOM continuity. If I people pick and choose when to accept it I may as well not bother. Sorry but I won't be convinced otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Cool, thanks E. You and Bane are up now actually if you wanted to go ahead and make your top writer selection for Uncanny Line. You can send me the rest of the list later on when you guys have it sorted and ready.

Update: Uncanny Marvel selects Jason Aaron, Writer out of the University of Alabama-Birmingham

The Supernatural Line is on the clock and may be on its way to Bulgaria. We will commence when Gaff has his list in.
    Yeah, best to hold off until Gaff gets back. Don't let the poor guy come back from holiday to find all that's left if Brian Michael Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    I'm looking to plot another title or two - does any line have open space or is anyone looking for someone to pitch a specific series? I have a number of different ideas I'd love to implement, especially in the lines which I don't have a book in yet (which are most of the lines).
    I think I may have one space. Any street-level ideas for Marvel Knights?

BANNED

Awesome. This is the perfect time to join in.
    I wouldn't mind joining in but I'm not really sure how all this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    You're more than welcome to join, MajestiK.

Right now, we're at the stage where characters, teams and concepts are being distributed/requested to six lines (Assemble, Cosmic, Global, Knights, Supernatural, Uncanny) so ongoing series can be put together by the editors of the lines themselves or by requesting plotters. The main goal, once all the lines are pieced together, is for plotters to write solicits for these ongoings each month that will be posted in a separate thread so people can "buy" them and enjoy and fan-made universe. (Hope that helps and I didn't just waffle on)

If you wish to join, then send a PM to myself or the editor of a line that fits your genre requirements, and we can get something sorted out. Or just post something here on the Bullpen.

The basic layout is this...

NAME OF SERIES
    Writer: (Draft is upcoming so request is needed)
    Artist: (Draft is upcoming so request is needed)
    Tagline: Welcome to AOM! (A phrase to capture interest. We used to do concepts but they were to wordy for me)
    Location: NYC (Where is series is set or where HQ is located)
    Cast:
    1. Character 1, is it a solo book?
    2. Character 2, if it's a team book
    Supporting: (Maximum of regular cast members, don't want too many big requests here)
    Antagonists: (Maximum of six villains or villain teams)

The monthly solicits would look like this...

THE BEST DAMN BOOK ABOUT #1
    Written by THE WRITER
    Plot by ME
    Art by THE ARTIST
    "AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 PINTS" Part One "DISASTER IN BULGARIA"
    Oh, no! Not again! That's right, dear readers, Mcgaffer has got his passport back. And Europe is in lockdown. But someone forgot to tell the Bulgarians! (And so on, maybe an average of 4-8 sentences but there's no fixed rules on length or word limit, just telling the story you want to tell)
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Just send me a PM if you want to know more, MajestiK.

LADIES OF S.H.I.E.L.D. (Global Honored)
    Concept: What if Charlie's Angels or Birds of Prey were international super spies with a license to kill? Well they'd be LADIES OF SHIELD. Move over fellas, the most dangerous of the species is taking over!
    Administrative:
    Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine (New Acting Director of SHIELD)
    Victoria Hand
    Maria Hill
    Field Team Operatives:
    Agent 13 (Sharon Carter)
    Quake (Daisy Johnson)
    Cavalry (Melinda May)
    Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)
    Black Widow (Natasha Romanova) *shared with Champions & possibly Avengers*
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    Supporting: Peggy Carter, Phil Coulson, Leo Fitz/Jemma Simmons, Gabe Jones, Eric O'Grady
    Antagonists: Amatsu-Mikaboshi, HYDRA, Madame Masque, Alexander Pierce, Sin, Lucia Von Bardas
    I believe you've sorted out the main and supporting cast with respective editors so it should all be fine.

Gaff has first dibs on Sin as I offered her to him (I had acquired Sin for a new Invaders Max/Now series I was going to do but unfortunately had to abandon) so needs to be sorted out with him.

JAMES BARNES: AGENT OF TOMORROW (mcgaffer)
    Roster:
    James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes
    Supporting: Forge, Lyja, Madison Jeffries, -insert precog-
    Antagonists: various threats including the Zodiac Group*
    If the Uncanny team have been consulted on the inclusion of mutants (future versions?) then it's okay.

HYDRA NATION (WhitOro)
    Concept: On a massive artificial island, the forces of HYDRA build their nation, a great laboratory that will show the world the true meaning of Utopia…
    Roster:
    Andrea Von Strucker
    Andreas Von Strucker
    Nuke
    Mach Two (Nomi Blume)
    Supporting: Codename Bravo, Machinesmith, Queen HYDRA, Viper
    Antagonists: Baron Strucker, Moses Magnum, Imperial Hydra, The Corruptor (Jackson Day), Graviton
    Looks good. Please stay flexible with Viper though. If she could be fitted onto an antagonists list on Global too I'd be a lot happier.

Great villains list.

TAKE A.I.M.! (exciter)
    Tagline: Biggest Head. Baddest Ass.
    Cast:
    1. M.O.D.O.K.
    2. Dr. Curt Connors - The Lizard
    3. Dr. Johnathon Ohnn – Spot
    4. Dr. Arthur Parks – Living Laser
    5. Dr. Anton Vanko – Whiplash
    Friends: Dr. Monica Rappaccini, Black Widow (Yelena Belova), Dr. Kavita Rao, Galacta
    Enemies: Amadeus Cho, U.S. Agent, Radioactive Man (Dr. Chen Lu), The Winter Guard (Darkstar, Ursa Major, Red Guardian)
    Amadeus Cho is part of the Hulk roster, pre-reboot and requested to remain the same. May need to drop him.

A lot of requests for the members of the Winter Guard. I like the concept on this (actually, I would prefer a Winter Guard series) but stay flexible pending requests.

THE NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS (Marvell2100)
    Roster:
    Jason Strongbow (American Eagle)
    Cloud 9
    Kasper Cole
    Delroy Garrett (3-D Man)
    Ana Kraven
    Romany Wisdom
    Supporting: Peter Gyrich, Shuri, Clay Quartermain, Jimmy Woo
    Antagonists: John Apostle*, Athena Inc.*, Grand Director, Max Fury, Mother Night, War Eagle
    Some interest in Shuri. Had thought about using her myself. But Assemble have made a request too. Rest is sound.

SECRET WARRIORS (Young Avenger)
    Tag line:
    HQ: The Cocoon
    Cast:
    1. Kristoff Vernard
    2. Elijah Bradley (Patriot)
    3. Sylvie Lushton (Enchantress II)
    4. Alexander Aaron (Phobos)
    6. America Chavez (Miss America)
    7. Cammille “Cammi” Benally
    8. Anya Corazon
    Supporting: Victoria Hand, Jimmy Jankovicz (Jimmy Jupiter), Lucien Clay (OC)
    Antagonists: Sons of the Serpent, Zodiac Cartel, Hydra Youth Division, Coat of Arms, Madame Masque, Hiro-Kala
    I've had a request to have Patriot used on another title in a tutoring role. Would that be okay? Doesn't have to be listed but guest-appearances are essential.

Same for Anya. Plotter would like to use her in the main cast in a team-up series. Plotter is flexible but I really like the pitch. Okay to share?

ALPHA FLIGHT (SuperCooper)
    Tagline: Part-time bureaucrats, full-time heroes! Running Department H and defending their nation from coast to coast to coast!
    Cast:
    1. Vindicator (Heather Hudson)
    2. Guardian (James Macdonald 'Mac' Hudson)
    3. Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski)
    4. Puck (Eugene Judd)
    5. Marrina Smallwood
    6. Snowbird (Narya)
    7. Shaman (Michael Twoyoungmen)
    Supporting: Beta Flight (Strongarm, Silver, Auric, Wild Child), Stitch, Weasel, St. Elmo
    Enemies: Master of the World, Jerome Jaxon, Delphine Courtney, Deadly Ernest, Wendigo
    DENIED!! Why? BLAME CANADA!! (Obvious, I know. But I like obvious humor)

Looks perfectly fine.

INVADERS INITIATIVE (SuperCooper)
    Tagline: International super-villains, criminals, and miscreants...saving the world on behalf of the UN!
    Cast:
    1. The Human Torch (Jim Hammond)
    2. Sabra (Ruth Bat-Seraph)
    3. Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada)
    4. Shocker (Herman Schultz)
    5. Black Tarantula (Carlos LaMuerto)
    6. Nuwa (Chen Zìyóu)
    7. Black Tom Cassidy
    8. Scarab (Scarab-of-Set)
    9. Grey Gargoyle (Paul Pierre Duval)
    Supporting: Karima Shapandar, Presence, Roger Bochs, Armadillo, Defensor, Senhora Heroismo*
    Antagonists: Baron Zemo (Helmut Zemo), ULTIMATUM, Batroc the Leaper, People's Defense Force
    I really like this concept. I know Black Tom has been requested elsewhere but I would like him used in this.

We have a few more books in final development.
    SPIDER-WOMAN: WEB OF DECEIT (GH)
    MI13: UK OVERKILL (highwayguy)
    BRADDOCK ACADEMY (shinglepants)
    ??MASTER?? (Shaggydoo)

Look over the rosters above. Let me know of any conflicts and also shared character requests so I can make note of the characters other allegiances. Thanks - GH
    MI13: OVERKILL UK
    Writer: (Three writers)
    Artists: (Three artists)
    Tagline: ---
    Cast:
    1. MI13 (Pete Wisdom, Colonel Liger, Digitek, Elsa Bloodstone, Spitfire)
    2. Death's Head II & Tuck
    3. Excalibur (Captain Britain, Black Knight, Dark Angel, Meggan, Micromax)
    4. Knights of Pendragon (Albion, Faiza Hussain, Kylun, Lionheart, Tink)
    5. Motormouth & Killpower
    Supporting: Lance Hunter, Alistaire Stuart, Captain Midlands, Dai Thomas, John the Skrull, Joseph Hauer
    Antagonists: Mys-Tech, Black Axe, The Fury, Mad Jim Jaspers, Sinister Executive (Sat-Yr-9, Bacillicons (Purge, Byte, Kay), Magpie, Mrs. Mullarkey, Shockwave), Slaymaster

It looks like a much but let you offer my thinking. Is anyone familiar with the Overkill magazine published by Marvel UK back in the 90s? Perhaps 2000 AD is a better example to use. What I'm going for here is an anthology series. MI13 are the headliners, but an expanded Marvel UK universe is set-up in a very British fashion. I want to use the UK format for comics (magazine size and style) instead of the US format. That allows me to tell 2-4 stories per issue. What I'm looking for is the ultimate UK experience.

My character selection is based on Captain Britain & MI13 comics and the old Marvel UK line, with a few Excalibur characters thrown in for good measure. It's a lot of characters, yes. But I purposely avoided (although I was tempted) requesting the likes of Blade, Psylocke, Spider-Woman and other top British names. Plus I have limited each team to five characters, rather than pushing for seven. It makes the roster more compact and neat.

A side note now. What about colour schemes?

MARVEL ASSEMBLE
    MARVEL COSMIC
    MARVEL GLOBAL or GLOBAL
    MARVEL KNIGHTS
    MARVEL SUPERNATURAL
    MARVEL UNCANNY

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Hey Maj. We have our own fan made and steered Marvel Universe here. We tell stories in solicit form and have an EIC-Editors-Plotters infrastructure. This project was running for a little over 3 years on the old boards but with CBR reboot we now are faced with a little rebooting ourselves. So now is a great time as we rebuild and relaunch AOM with a new model.

I edit the MARVEL GLOBAL line, which I realize sounds funny written out. The line features a hero called GH...no, I am just kidding, It is an international/espionage themed brand starring SHIELD, MI13, Alpha Flight, etc. I currently have an opening in the line if you want to bounce around some ideas. Our friend Marvell2100 handles the Cosmic side of things. I believe you are a classic Cosmic fan IIRC and Marv does a wonderful job with that and would be happy to fill you in on the possibilities there.

Other lines/brands we have are Marvel Knights (street based), Assemble (Avengers based), Uncanny (mutants central) & Supernatural (self explanatory)

Hit us up via PM or right here on the Bullpen thread. We'd be happy to help set you up with something that interests you.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post

MARVEL ASSEMBLE
    MARVEL COSMIC
    MARVEL GLOBAL or GLOBAL
    MARVEL KNIGHTS
    MARVEL SUPERNATURAL
    MARVEL UNCANNY
    I like the navy blue SHIELD standard outfit scheme for Global.

Okay, I can live with that. But, Ex, hold back on the double-requests from now on. Toes are being stepped on.

For Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, that's a definite no. We all agreed to AOM continuity. If I people pick and choose when to accept it I may as well not bother. Sorry but I won't be convinced otherwise.
    I wasn't sure if the good Baron was picked when I requested him, but so noted. Plus, I was j/k about drawing the Maximoff kids differently (we've got more class than a Disney/Fox solution!).

THE BEST DAMN BOOK ABOUT #1
    Written by THE WRITER
    Plot by ME
    Art by THE ARTIST
    "AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 PINTS" Part One "DISASTER IN BULGARIA"
    Oh, no! Not again! That's right, dear readers, Mcgaffer has got his passport back. And Europe is in lockdown. But someone forgot to tell the Bulgarians!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
    Damn, can’t believe nobody requested a Mcgaffer series for the Global line given this premise.

Cast:
    Supporting: Lance Hunter, Alistaire Stuart, Captain Midlands, Dai Thomas, John the Skrull, Joseph Hauer
    Antagonists: Mys-Tech, Black Axe, The Fury, Mad Jim Jaspers, Sinister Executive (Sat-Yr-9, Bacillicons (Purge, Byte, Kay), Magpie, Mrs. Mullarkey, Shockwave), Slaymaster

It looks like a much but let you offer my thinking. Is anyone familiar with the Overkill magazine published by Marvel UK back in the 90s? Perhaps 2000 AD is a better example to use. What I'm going for here is an anthology series. MI13 are the headliners, but an expanded Marvel UK universe is set-up in a very British fashion. I want to use the UK format for comics (magazine size and style) instead of the US format. That allows me to tell 2-4 stories per issue. What I'm looking for is the ultimate UK experience.

My character selection is based on Captain Britain & MI13 comics and the old Marvel UK line, with a few Excalibur characters thrown in for good measure. It's a lot of characters, yes. But I purposely avoided (although I was tempted) requesting the likes of Blade, Psylocke, Spider-Woman and other top British names. Plus I have limited each team to five characters, rather than pushing for seven. It makes the roster more compact and neat.
    I’d be willing to part with Kitty and Nightcrawler and you could grab Rachel Grey if you wanted to expand Excalibur into its own series. Would love to have you on board the Uncanny line and there’s a slot just waiting for you!

The comb has been run through the Global Line...let's see how much hair we might have lost.

I believe you've sorted out the main and supporting cast with respective editors so it should all be fine.
    Gaff has first dibs on Sin as I offered her to him (I had acquired Sin for a new Invaders Max/Now series I was going to do but unfortunately had to abandon) so needs to be sorted out with him.
    Excellent. I will work this out with Gaff if they allow him to leave the country when his vacation is over. Sin makes a good evil female foil for my spy ladies but I am sure I can find a replacement if necessary.

If the Uncanny team have been consulted on the inclusion of mutants (future versions?) then it's okay.
    Exciter, Gaff and I are working on this. Currently delayed due to Bulgarian time lapse. It may get reworked into a duo book (pairing Bucky up with Bishop in a Lethal Weapon formula. I hope Richard Donner doesn't mind.) and possibly moved to the Uncanny Line to better accommodate the character requests. We have a SHIELD/X-MEN coalition brewing on this and another title that may work into a running storyline.

Looks good. Please stay flexible with Viper though. If she could be fitted onto an antagonists list on Global too I'd be a lot happier. Great villains list.
    I think Whit has Viper lined up to do some delightfully nasty things if need be. A protagonist on this book may not exactly meet the standard definition of a "good" guy. So as an antagonist elsewhere in addition to this should be ok.

Amadeus Cho is part of the Hulk roster, pre-reboot and requested to remain the same. May need to drop him.

A lot of requests for the members of the Winter Guard. I like the concept on this (actually, I would prefer a Winter Guard series) but stay flexible pending requests.
    Ok, if Cho is in the Hulk book then we may need to look elsewhere. We had a couple of WG/Ursa Major requests within the line with the compromise being to place the Winter Guard together here in the AIM book. Very cool substitutes were added to Invaders Initiative. Silver freakin' Samurai! BTW, I love the main AIM team.

Some interest in Shuri. Had thought about using her myself. But Assemble have made a request too. Rest is sound.
    Alright, let us know on Shuri. This is Marv's baby so he can find a replacement if needed or work it out with conflicting Assemble title. If it is BP conflict then I believe Marv is plotting that book so can prob make it work.

I've had a request to have Patriot used on another title in a tutoring role. Would that be okay? Doesn't have to be listed but guest-appearances are essential. Same for Anya. Plotter would like to use her in the main cast in a team-up series. Plotter is flexible but I really like the pitch. Okay to share?
    It is ok by me but let me run it by Young Avenger. I'll get back with you.

DENIED!! Why? BLAME CANADA!! (Obvious, I know. But I like obvious humor) Looks perfectly fine.
    Be nice. They're Canadians.

I really like this concept. I know Black Tom has been requested elsewhere but I would like him used in this.
    Cool. We'll try to work out any shared situations if needed.

Cast:

Looks great. This is a great way to recharge our always popular MI13 book. Very fitting.

Damn, can’t believe nobody requested a Mcgaffer series for the Global line given this premise.
    At first you would think so. But upon close review..1/4 of the book is Gaff passed out and snoring, 1/4 of the book he is just speaking gibberish, 1/4 he is locked behind bars or in front of some foreign judge sometimes overlapping with the gibberish and the snoring, leaving only the last quarter for his wild, crazy adventures and running from the French Foreign Legion. It might work for a little while. We would have to include a McGaffer secret drunken decoder with the first issue.

I’d be willing to part with Kitty and Nightcrawler and you could grab Rachel Grey if you wanted to expand Excalibur into its own series. Would love to have you on board the Uncanny line and there’s a slot just waiting for you!
    That would be an awesome idea. Think about it Guy. Excalibur having its own superhero adventures series. More face time for Brian, Black Knight and company. And still have the other anthology stories in MI13 UK Overkill.

DENIED!! Why? BLAME CANADA!! (Obvious, I know. But I like obvious humor)

We're innocent, I swear, eh?!

Thanks for the kind words, my Scottish brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I wasn't sure if the good Baron was picked when I requested him, but so noted. Plus, I was j/k about drawing the Maximoff kids differently (we've got more class than a Disney/Fox solution!).

Thank god for that. I thought I misjudged you, Ex. My apologies. I'll put the whooping stick away for now.

Actually, little known fact, Gaff and I became supporting characters in NextWave when the Captain hunted us down for cancelling his solo series way back when. We had big plans of what our escapades would include, namely becoming janitors on Rockall and being blown to smithereens when villains invaded, then being reanimated to clean up our mess. Fun times.

No, it's okay, Ex. I'd love to have Kitty, Kurt and Rachel make a guest appearance, but I'm being strict with myself. Wisdom, Cap Britain and Black Knight are my stars (Black Knight MAY be shared with Assemble at some point) with some damn strong back-up in Meggan, Elsa Bloodstone, Lionheart and the gems of Marvel UK. Selecting any more than that would be crossing into territory I wouldn't be keen on anyone else going. Thanks for the offer though, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    We're innocent, I swear, eh?!

Thanks for the kind words, my Scottish brother.
    Hoots!

I like the navy blue SHIELD standard outfit scheme for Global.
    And here's me hoping to make you red like Natasha's hair. May swap things about then.

And here's me hoping to make you red like Natasha's hair. May swap things about then.
    I do love the shade of Nat's silky smooth hair. Whatever works best in the overall AOM scheme, I am cool with it. I will leave the design work to you, EP and co. Those fancy new logos are quite nice.

Speaking of "The Captain," will our polite, lovable, dare I say gentleman hero be joining us in NuAOM?

BANNED

MARVEL ASSEMBLE
    MARVEL COSMIC
    MARVEL GLOBAL or GLOBAL
    MARVEL KNIGHTS
    MARVEL SUPERNATURAL
    MARVEL UNCANNY
    Love the color scheme. Gets busy on new designs.