Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 724
  1. #16
    AWOL LOL highwayguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Scotland & Proud
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Well, I'm not sure what happened there, but AOM is back up and running. I will add introductions, rules, line rosters, available characters and other information when I get a chance. My first priority, however, was to re-post the Bullpen thread and allow editors, plotters and AOM enthusiasts to find our home once again.

    So, allow me (current Editor-In-Chief Highwayguy, at your service) to formally welcome you all to the new AOM BULLPEN THREAD... again!

    Marv, is the Fortress still intact? Reality shifts can be distressing to the decor.

  2. #17
    Super Moderator Global Honored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    I guess this is where we rebuild.

    AOM veterans, roll call. Let us know your thoughts on relaunching/rebooting our project. And interested newcomers, speak up and be heard. This brave new CBR world opens up new possibilities to participate and create your own Marvel universe.

  3. #18
    Disney Subsidiary Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    I'm not sure if y'all received my solicit for Omega #11 or not. Sent it out before I got on the road for a big move and I came back to the reset. I'll have to re-write it up.

  4. #19
    Super Moderator Global Honored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm not sure if y'all received my solicit for Omega #11 or not. Sent it out before I got on the road for a big move and I came back to the reset. I'll have to re-write it up.
    Hold that thought Manx. No need to rush it to us. AOM as we know/knew it is on hold while we figure out the next step.
    Would you be down for a whole new reboot? NuAOM persay?

  5. #20
    AWOL LOL highwayguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Scotland & Proud
    Posts
    153

    Default

    No, I haven't got your solicit, Personamanx. I didn't get a chance to save it. I think the May solicits will be postponed for now, except for a select few to tie-in with a possible shake-up in AOM. If you wish to contribute to the apocalyptic carnage, P, feel free.

  6. #21
    AWOL LOL highwayguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Scotland & Proud
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    I guess this is where we rebuild.

    AOM veterans, roll call. Let us know your thoughts on relaunching/rebooting our project. And interested newcomers, speak up and be heard. This brave new CBR world opens up new possibilities to participate and create your own Marvel universe.
    Here here!

    As GH said, a reboot is on the cards. And I think it's a damn fine option. So we'll put our collective heads together and come up with a new AOM. New/rebooted lines? New/rebooted teams? New/rebooted rosters? Who knows. The rules/set-up I put in place just before the "EVENT" will likely remain the same, although more detail may be added. But...

    AOM is essentially starting again. So, have a think about your IDEAL series and, who knows, it could become a reality. We'll sort out how lines/concepts/teams/characters are divided up later. But for now, think about what means more to you than just a thrown-together set-up.

  7. #22
    Super Moderator Global Honored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    And just to make sure everyone knows. You can find archives of the old board here: http://oldforums.comicbookresources.com for a limited time. So if you want to save anything from the previous AOM, now is the time to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Here here!

    As GH said, a reboot is on the cards. And I think it's a damn fine option. So we'll put our collective heads together and come up with a new AOM. New/rebooted lines? New/rebooted teams? New/rebooted rosters? Who knows. The rules/set-up I put in place just before the "EVENT" will likely remain the same, although more detail may be added. But...

    AOM is essentially starting again. So, have a think about your IDEAL series and, who knows, it could become a reality. We'll sort out how lines/concepts/teams/characters are divided up later. But for now, think about what means more to you than just a thrown-together set-up.
    Indeed. This is the opportunity for brand new beginnings (pleonasm anyone?). So chime in and make known what you would like to see. Your ideas and feedback will be greatly appreciated. We have 3+ years of AOM to learn from. Let's take the stuff that worked and apply it. And the stuff that didn't work so well, now is a great chance to break from it. Plus I am sure there are new things we haven't even thought of yet. This is a great chance for old players and newcomers alike to create a new marvel universe from the ground up. With some solid roots planted from our AOM past.

    For starters, I am all in favor of Highwayguy taking the lead on this. He has done a terrific job in the past and should guide us through this transition. So if you guys agree, Guy can captain this ship through whichever waters we choose to cross.

  8. #23
    AWOL LOL highwayguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Scotland & Proud
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Shucks :smile:

    I'll be happy to continue if you want me to. In the meantime, as drastic changes are afoot, the monthly solicits thread will be postponed until further notice. However, a new ABYSS line will continue to be posted here on the Bullpen thread so Shadow Invasion, Heart of Darkness, World War Doom and any other ongoing sagas can be either wrapped up or redesigned for the future. The year-long crossover Infinite Effect will now play a direct role in the fate of the AOM universe and shall be the flagship title of Abyss.
    Last edited by highwayguy; 05-01-2014 at 09:00 AM.

  9. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Well.. if you guys are going to start from scratch, I'm quite interested?

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DjessNL View Post
    Well.. if you guys are going to start from scratch, I'm quite interested?
    Count me in too, if you're open.

  11. #26
    AWOL LOL highwayguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Scotland & Proud
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DjessNL View Post
    Well.. if you guys are going to start from scratch, I'm quite interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Count me in too, if you're open.
    A big welcome to both you guys, DjessNL and Rozen. Really happy you're interested in joining us. Watch this space as we try to figure out how to move forward. Feel free to PM ideas you may have about anything. The way it'll likely work out is there will be a number of lines (one editor, two editors?) where pitched titles can be slotted into. Let me know your pitches and ideas, same for everyone already involved in AOM or starting brand new, and I'll have a better idea how to break the new era down.

    many thanks. Hopefully this is a BIG fresh start for AOM.

  12. #27
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    388

    Default

    If I'd of known that Doom going up against TOAA in WORLD WAR DOOM would of resulted in the destruction of the known universe and forced a reboot of everything I might of talked him out of it.

  13. #28
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    8,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Well, I'm not sure what happened there, but AOM is back up and running. I will add introductions, rules, line rosters, available characters and other information when I get a chance. My first priority, however, was to re-post the Bullpen thread and allow editors, plotters and AOM enthusiasts to find our home once again.

    So, allow me (current Editor-In-Chief Highwayguy, at your service) to formally welcome you all to the new AOM BULLPEN THREAD... again!

    Marv, is the Fortress still intact? Reality shifts can be distressing to the decor.
    The Fortress is secure. The anti-grav stabilizers kicked in to give us a smooth landing.

  14. #29
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    8,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    And just to make sure everyone knows. You can find archives of the old board here: http://oldforums.comicbookresources.com for a limited time. So if you want to save anything from the previous AOM, now is the time to do so.



    Indeed. This is the opportunity for brand new beginnings (pleonasm anyone?). So chime in and make known what you would like to see. Your ideas and feedback will be greatly appreciated. We have 3+ years of AOM to learn from. Let's take the stuff that worked and apply it. And the stuff that didn't work so well, now is a great chance to break from it. Plus I am sure there are new things we haven't even thought of yet. This is a great chance for old players and newcomers alike to create a new marvel universe from the ground up. With some solid roots planted from our AOM past.

    For starters, I am all in favor of Highwayguy taking the lead on this. He has done a terrific job in the past and should guide us through this transition. So if you guys agree, Guy can captain this ship through whichever waters we choose to cross.
    Can we bring the titles and roster over to give us an idea of what we had?

  15. #30
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    8,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    If I'd of known that Doom going up against TOAA in WORLD WAR DOOM would of resulted in the destruction of the known universe and forced a reboot of everything I might of talked him out of it.

    World War Doom? You mean Heart of Darkness don't you? Abraxas found the Living Tribunal and warped all of reality.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •