Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I feel like the idea I PMed Highwayguy I may aswell post here. Basic concept of my series:

I would love a series that would start with an assassination attempt on Jonah J Jameson, the Mayor, by Bullseye when suddenly Moon Knight stops him. A struggle, the gun goes off but misses the mayor but on the screen appears something alongside: 'LONG LIVE CRIME'

Bullseye dissapears and assumes Kingpin was behind this. They raid his fortress-like hotel (with both awesome heist-sequences like Ocean's Eleven and a la Kick-Ass finale scene) and throughout the Heist (multiple issues) he gets help from his team (consisting of Scarlet Spider, Cloak and Dagger, Gambit. Black Cat and maybe some other cool characters. But as we meet them and see their part in the heist, we get a flashback to them being recruited by Moon Knight.

Eventually there's a confrontation with Kingpin, who turns out not to be behind it, and the issue ends with the Hood blowing up Moon Knight's mansion.

anyway, the Hood would have mystical powers again (good, street-level mystical, he'd make an amazing Moon Knight villain) and he'd have a pretty big crime syndicate again, Gravitron, Bullseye, Wrecking Crew, Emma Frost, Whiplash, Wizard, Electro, Batroc the Leaper, Sandman, Mystique and such. But yeah, it'd be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DjessNL View Post
    I feel like the idea I PMed Highwayguy I may aswell post here. Basic concept of my series:

I would love a series that would start with an assassination attempt on Jonah J Jameson, the Mayor, by Bullseye when suddenly Moon Knight stops him. A struggle, the gun goes off but misses the mayor but on the screen appears something alongside: 'LONG LIVE CRIME'

Bullseye dissapears and assumes Kingpin was behind this. They raid his fortress-like hotel (with both awesome heist-sequences like Ocean's Eleven and a la Kick-Ass finale scene) and throughout the Heist (multiple issues) he gets help from his team (consisting of Scarlet Spider, Cloak and Dagger, Gambit. Black Cat and maybe some other cool characters. But as we meet them and see their part in the heist, we get a flashback to them being recruited by Moon Knight.

Eventually there's a confrontation with Kingpin, who turns out not to be behind it, and the issue ends with the Hood blowing up Moon Knight's mansion.

anyway, the Hood would have mystical powers again (good, street-level mystical, he'd make an amazing Moon Knight villain) and he'd have a pretty big crime syndicate again, Gravitron, Bullseye, Wrecking Crew, Emma Frost, Whiplash, Wizard, Electro, Batroc the Leaper, Sandman, Mystique and such. But yeah, it'd be awesome.
    Sounds cool. I don't know what the plans are for characters yet. Highway guy will probably have a core set of characters for the titles we will have and plotters/editors can request a few others in a limited amount.

I have a slew of ideas and plans for Cosmic. I think the ideas I had for the Cosmic Universe after the Heart of Darkness event can definitely come into play.

I believe the Mighty Line is all set with it's plotters including newcomers of Kosmo and myself.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Djness,
    We haven't actually done a proper Moon Knight solo series before. In our previous version he was a member of The Eternals but this reboot may open the door to new stories, new opportunities and establishing new continuity. So definitely stick around, I am sure AOM could be a place for you to explore your ideas. Maybe even the supernatural MK variety.

I am doing an unofficial checklist of potential plotters so far, those who we hope return, and potential newcomers or invitees. This should help figure out how many lines, titles, etc. we should make room for to start out:

Highwayguy - check
    McGaffer - check
    Marvell2100 - check
    GH - check
    WhitOro - check
    Shaggydoo - check
    Exciter - check
    Personamanx - check
    Djness - newcomer, check
    Red Falcon - newcomer, check
    Rozen - ?
    Baneofkings - ?
    Kosmo - ?
    SuperCooper - ?
    Rolandjp - ?
    LucyFury - ?
    Lorec - ?
    Aja_Christopher - ?
    The_Animal_Man - ?
    Rheged - ?
    Green Griffin - ?

I'm hoping to keep my Cosmic team of Global and mcgaffer intact.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

As far as the fates of the "Omega" characters go I was more or less planning on the series to write itself out of reality and have the characters go back to a more or less clean slate with nothing but the memories of the series intact. Was gonna use it to spin off a Miles Morales series with Battlin' Jack and Millie as supporting characters.

"Crisis on Infinite Marvels"

Our friend Joe Acro came up with that one. It certainly applies.

And now is a perfect time as any for this!

The Fortress:
    The Fortress is the hangout for the staff/plotters of AoM. It's here where we all gather to enjoy food, fun and friends. Fin Fang Foom is head of security at the Fortress and he takes it very seriously. For large unruly crowds we break out the big guns, Galactus! This is where we toss out some cool ideas, witty banter and throw back a few cold ones. New to the Fortress we've added an impressive wine gallery and have wine-tasting on Tuesdays. With the help of mcgaffer and Foom we established a microbrewery on our newly remodeled 2nd floor. In the basement we have a state of the art dance floor with DJ Man Thing on the wheels of steel! Now, onto Fortress business:

Karaoke Rules Are Still In Effect!

1. No Barry Manilow.
    2. No Celine Dion.
    3. No One Direction(Who are these people ?).
    4. No Twerking. Don't know what it is but don't do it.
    5. No obscene, vulgar or disgusting songs(See Rules 1, 2 and 3).
    6. There must always be a sporting event on a TV somewhere in the Fortress. Checkers and arm wrestling don't count.
    7. All rules will be enforced with extreme prejudice by Foom. No second chances allowed.

Enjoy the Fortress!!!

Fantastic Member

Hey, with the reboot are we allowed back into Glasgow again?

Oh, and Marv' I'm definitely still on board with Cosmic. Likewise Shaggy if you still need a Thor plotter.

I'm going to try and do something very ambitious with one of the Dark titles this time round (don't know which one yet) Something I've been thinking about for quite a while, it's going to be an open house project. A different plotter each month, this way lots of people can get a taste of the Dark Line and see if they like the flavour.

No Gaff, the real universe didn't reboot. I am not sure what the statute of limitations is in Scotland but "WE " were never persona non grata there. "YOU" on the other hand Gaff...well, I wouldn't plan any trips to see Celtic anytime soon.

Sorry newcomers, that is an old running joke. What you need to know is this: Do not pub crawl with McGaffer if you ever want to go back to those places...or cities...ever again. And just to be safe, bring bail money.

Scotland? I thought were were banned from Wales? You mean I could have gone there all this time?

Scotland, Wales...same thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Scotland, Wales...same thing, right?
    Scotland and Wales are the same? WTF!!!! Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Someone get me a map!!!

Fantastic Member

They are since NextWave became mystical border guards in Britain.

I should tell all newcomers that there is a distinct possibility of some nonsensical ramblings from me in this thread. Probably as soon as tomorrow. I'm prone to be chatty when drunk, and drunk is quite a severe understatement for more then a few of these occasions. The next day I have looked online, read what I've written and generally wondered if I typed it with my tongue whilst simultaneously eating a kebab.

Then I get drunk and forget about it.

I enjoyed Scotland...at least the photo's the authority's showed in court looked like I was having a good time in them.