Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Digging the work, EP!

Erm, you wouldn't happen to still have those awesome DNI covers too would you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    Digging the work, EP!

Erm, you wouldn't happen to still have those awesome DNI covers too would you?
    yeah.

if you create a promo thread I could fill em up.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    yeah.

if you create a promo thread I could fill em up.
    Done. Let's get to it.

I typed out a long message here but accidentally deleted. I really want to Hulk-out. Seriously, I'm on the verge of losing it.

Okay, the all-new AOM is taking shape a little more. Here's how lines. genres and editors are breaking down. Choose which line your pitch fits into and contact the respective editor to contact. Be aware, certain characters have received numerous requests made for them. So please please please be prepared to be flexible. Normally, I dislike the ideas of characters pulling double-duty (I blame that Bendis when he tried to crowbar Spider-Man and Wolverine into EVERY SINGLE BLOODY TITLE HE WROTE) but it's becoming impossible to enforce that. But I have to insist, editors, be sensible with these double-duty characters or I will be forced to step in. That's right, I am Doom!

Still waiting on confirmations/re-registering regarding editing positions. Contact me if you want to be on board.

Avengers-based line editor - SHAGGYDOO (Avengers and the greatest heroes)
    Cosmic-based line - MARVELL2100 (Sci-fi adventures through time and space)
    Espionage-based line - GLOBAL HONORED (Spies and worldwide heroes)
    Mutant-based line - BANEOFKINGS & EXCITER (Calling all Uncanny mutants)
    Street-level-based line - HIGHWAYGUY (Street-level heroes and villains)
    Supernatural-based line - MCGAFFER (Gods, monsters and magic)

TITLE TEMPLATE (Name of the series, still be in block capitals, bold and coordinated colour of respective line)
    Writer: (Creative teams will be sorted out after characters, but get your requests in now)
    Artists: (Creative teams will be sorted out after characters, but get your requests in now)
    Tagline: (Keep this limit to one sentence, two at most)
    Cast:
    1. (Central characters, try to keep the numbers reasonable unless the pitch calls for something bigger)
    Supporting: (Maximum of 6 names, try not to request big names here)
    Antagonists: (Maximum of 6 names)

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Question as someone curious about this, what about a teen based line? And how do you work in original characters into this? What about characters with connections to past characters?

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Hi Darkspellmaster,

We considered an entire teen based line but as of now I think we are sticking with the six (Avengers, Cosmic, Mutant, Street, Supernatural, Espionage) we have. Maybe in the future we will add to it.
    For teen hero titles, they are still welcome of course and will be placed in the line the characters and concept best fit. For example: a Young Avengers book would fall into the Avengers line hypothetically.

Originally created characters have been used before and will be used in this AOM relaunch. It is a bit tricky since these stories are told mostly in solicit form. But yes, you can work newly created characters into your storylines. As far as characters with previous connections, I am not sure exactly what you mean. Previous connection to a Marvel character? If so, then as long as it is ok'd by the editor/plotter that are using the Marvel character that the new character is connected to.

Are you interested in Mayday? (just guessing b/c the avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Question as someone curious about this, what about a teen based line? And how do you work in original characters into this? What about characters with connections to past characters?
    Welcome to AoM!

Are you referring to Legacy characters? If they're connected to Marvel then they're probably okay pending editorial approval as Global said.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Still working on some details, Darkspellmaster. Although, as GH said, we may just run with the lines we have.

What ideas for teen characters do you have? PM some ideas and I promise you we can fit you in.

Please please please can everyone stop sending me requests for creative teams. I understand that we want to make our requests be only characters and teams will be focused on right now. All creative team requests will be noted but largely ignored until a later date when a way to distribute them evenly and fairly will be hopefully decided on. Many thanks.

I'm trying to put together a flagship series for the new street-level line. It will be HEROES FOR HIRE starring Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Robbie Reyes, Victor Alvarez and She-Hulk. Stacy Dolan is the only supporting character I have in mind just now. I'm also thinking about some major street-level villains but still got a bit of sorting out to do there. I just wanted to post this pitch as I've come up against several problems in the few days I've been working on this. Hoping to get it sorted out quickly.

I also want to do an MI13 anthology series on Espionage as well as a Taskmaster solo series and Jack Flag & Union Jack team-up book on my street-level line. Hoping the won't be many conflicts regarding main characters, supporting and antagonists requests.
    Last edited by highwayguy; 05-06-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Hi Darkspellmaster,

We considered an entire teen based line but as of now I think we are sticking with the six (Avengers, Cosmic, Mutant, Street, Supernatural, Espionage) we have. Maybe in the future we will add to it.
    For teen hero titles, they are still welcome of course and will be placed in the line the characters and concept best fit. For example: a Young Avengers book would fall into the Avengers line hypothetically.
    Ah, okay that makes sense. So as long as it falls into one of the lines it would be okay. Makes perfect sense.

Originally created characters have been used before and will be used in this AOM relaunch. It is a bit tricky since these stories are told mostly in solicit form. But yes, you can work newly created characters into your storylines. As far as characters with previous connections, I am not sure exactly what you mean. Previous connection to a Marvel character? If so, then as long as it is ok'd by the editor/plotter that are using the Marvel character that the new character is connected to.

Are you interested in Mayday? (just guessing b/c the avatar)
    Yes actually I am interested in Mayday, and also Eli Bradley. I mean legacy characters I suppose would be the best way to put it. Right now I've been having a character flittering around in my head for over a year with connections to Jeffrey Mace, the late Patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Welcome to AoM!

Are you referring to Legacy characters? If they're connected to Marvel then they're probably okay pending editorial approval as Global said.
    Yep, that would be what I was referring too.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Still working on some details, Darkspellmaster. Although, as GH said, we may just run with the lines we have.

What ideas for teen characters do you have? PM some ideas and I promise you we can fit you in.
    Will do so. Thank you very much.

I'm thinking of an International Thunderbolts idea, wherein the United Nations has conscripted criminals from around the world to take part in espionage-related activities. Anyone have something similar or along those lines? Don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes.

Also thought I'd throw it out there and ask if anyone's using Rocket Racer?
    Last edited by SuperCooper; 05-06-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    I'm thinking of an International Thunderbolts idea, wherein the United Nations has conscripted criminals from around the world to take part in espionage-related activities. Anyone have something similar or along those lines? Don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes.

Also thought I'd throw it out there and ask if anyone's using Rocket Racer?
    If it's international, Supes, then it'll be part of GH's Espionage/Worldwide/Global line. And no one has pitched any Thunderbolts by me so I think you're safe.

Rocket Racer is absolutely fine too.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Working on a Miles Morales title to send your way Highway.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

SuperCooper, I am interested in your U.N. T'Bolts idea. That seems to be in our wheelhouse. And if it has a Zemo in it, the better.

And an update on the Espionage/International/Global line

Spots are filling up quickly, we have had some awesome pitches sent in so far. I am still waiting for the new guys to give it a shot.

Currently we have planned...

1. SHIELD (with a twist)
    2. MI13 (told in a new way)
    3. HYDRA (yep, the bad guys get to shine)
    4. AIM (you didn't think HYDRA would have all the fun did you)
    5. AGENTS OF ATLAS (new series, same lovable team)
    6. BUCKY BARNES (you thought Winter Soldier had tough missions, wait until you see what Buck's got into now)
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. In development....

So far the plotters signed up are GH, Highwayguy, WhitOro, Exciter, Marvell2100 & mcgaffer

Send in your pitches. We still need a cool concept for Nick Fury. Any Fury or Howling Commando fans among us?

---
    ALSO a Q: is anyone doing anything with the Savage Land? Where would that fit best? I think it is something that AOM could explore more of on a regular/monthly basis.