Amazing Member

Default Superhero registration act question

Hey guys, was reading captain America(2004) and in issue 21 it seemed like that was the start of the registration act, but in #22 it jumps right into the civil war and I don't have a clue what happened and how the registration act got in place or anything, and tony stark is fighting against cap now and I don't no why?

So guys could you explain to me what's happened or tell me where I can find out because I can't seem to find the bit in between the very start of the registration act and the start of the civil war

Honestly, it's a really dumb storyline. Mark Millar decided it would be fun to have the heroes fight each other instead of villains and that has been the disturbing trend ever since. Anyways, the New Warriors decided to film a reality show. (don't ask me why) And in one of the fights, the supervillain, Nitro, blew up a lot of people in Stamford, CT. A lot of civilians died and there were protests that against all superheroes, saying that they should have to register with the government. Tony Stark gave in and brought a bunch of superheroes with him. Cap on the other hand thought that it violated civil liberties and went against it. Long term friends fight each other for petty reasons with botched characterization. All of the heroes against registration were wanted criminals and all of the registered heroes were working for SHIELD, giving each state a team of heroes. They fought. Blah blah blah. Then Tony and Skrull-Pym made a robot clone of Thor that ended up killing Bill Foster... And if you are reading Captain America, I won't tell you what happens next.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 06-15-2014 at 04:04 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Check the Civil war mini series.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Honestly, it's a really dumb storyline. Tony and Skrull-Pym made a robot clone of Thor that ended up killing Bill Foster... And if you are reading Captain America, I won't tell you what happens next.
    IT was an ok story but there were definite problems in it. And Reed and Skrym made Clor Tony only provided the hair/DNA to start the process. Reed seems to always get a free ride on this.

Amazing Member

I take it the civil war was a sensitive subject? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    oh there be strong opinions on many parts of the story. Oh yes there be.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I quite like it actually as do a lot of other people but like Identity crisis there are a lot of haters and lovers. Nobody agrees on it
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

Read it and decide for yourself. You just might like it. If you go in thinking you're going to hate it because of what you see here, then you will probably already
    be looking for reasons to. I guess it depends on how much of a tightwad you are, too, or if you're more easy-going and get over stuff pretty easily.

Having all the people who wish to fight crime to register and receive training and a wage isn't such a bad idea. The problem comes when they force everybody who has powers to register, go through the training and join a team even if they don't want to be superheroes. That's slavery.

I mean, you are a dentist who just happen to have laser eyes. You are happy being a denstist, you have worked a lot to become a good one, you earn a lot of money and nobody tries to kill you. But then Iron Man arrives, kidnaps you and tells you that you must wear a silly flashy costume and fight super-powered villains, and if you refuse, you are sent to jail for the rest of your life...that's evil, period.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

There's a lot of strong feelings about it let's just say.

At least its not as sensitive as AvX.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Read it and decide for yourself. You just might like it. If you go in thinking you're going to hate it because of what you see here, then you will probably already
    be looking for reasons to. I guess it depends on how much of a tightwad you are, too, or if you're more easy-going and get over stuff pretty easily.
    I did kinda like it, only bit that bothered me was when they cloned Thor and when Spider-Man took off his mask, other than that I really enjoyed it