Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Don't forget about Storm, she's a major Black superheroine who has been around for a number of years.

BTW can Tanya fly? I have seen sources that state she can fly and I have seen others that say she can't so which is it?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I don't have an issue with it, because one Power Girl is on Earth 2 and the other is on the main earth. It would only bother me if they were on the same earth.

How about Tanya Tomorrow, Mighty Girl or Infinity Girl? I don't know. But I what I do know is that I'd like how intelligent she is. Since the Titans don't have Cyborg anymore, they need someone to be the brains of the group. Tim isn't enough imo.
    But the problem is she'll always be considered the lesser Power Girl. If you pointed her out and said "there's Power Girl" most people would respond "that's not Power Girl". I realize they named her that to bring attention to the character but if she's ever going to get out from under Karen's shadow she'll have to have her own unique code name.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    But the problem is she'll always be considered the lesser Power Girl. If you pointed her out and said "there's Power Girl" most people would respond "that's not Power Girl". I realize they named her that to bring attention to the character but if she's ever going to get out from under Karen's shadow she'll have to have her own unique code name.
    She just has to be established and dc has to be committed to her. She's new hasn't been out for even a year and really hasn't gotten a focus. A new name so soon would hurt her. I don't think changing her code name would even matter aside from the die Karen fans. If they focus more on her relationship with Karen it could be even more beneficial for her. Tons of great story potential just on the name alone
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Don't forget about Storm, she's a major Black superheroine who has been around for a number of years.

BTW can Tanya fly? I have seen sources that state she can fly and I have seen others that say she can't so which is it?
    I don't think she can
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    I don't think she can
    I'm not too sure myself. In the latest issue of Teen Titans I saw Tanya in a group shot and she was definitely had her above the rest of the team. I wasn't sure whether she was levitating or had increased her size. Since we don't see her feet we cant say for absolute certainty, if someone could be so kind to post said image (it also featured Beast Boy, Raven and Bunker along with the zombie people) just so I can get a second opinion.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If you pointed her out and said "there's Power Girl", most people would respond "who's Power Girl?" It's not a household name like Supergirl.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Found the image that I mentioned so I must ask what you guys think. Levitation or size addition?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Just read the latest issue of Teen Titans and I really think that Tanya can't fly. Saw an opportunity where flying would have worked just as well as her growing powers and yet she used those rather than flying. Would make sense and another reason why she's different from the original Power Girl.

I was also thinking that the title of the discussion should have been the Titan of the Teen Titans, but I wonder if you guys would have thought that it was better or worse than the current title.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

I just saw the preview for Teen Titans #17 and Tanya mentions that she prefers to be gigantic. I found this surprising since being gigantic all the time has its obvious disadvantages but I still feel that this is another move to make her different from the original Power Girl. Can people tell me what they think of this?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Tanya appeared in this week's Deathstroke. I believe that she is a guest star for the story but I hope for BIG things from her in the future.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Well from what I've read from reviews of the current Deathstroke story arc it seems that Tanya's inclusion is actually going down really well. This makes me hope that we'll see her in regular print again. I could ask for her own series but that of course is a big ask, instead I want to see her as a regular character in a series, maybe not Teen Titans but it would be fun if she helped Deathstroke.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Well from what I've read from reviews of the current Deathstroke story arc it seems that Tanya's inclusion is actually going down really well. This makes me hope that we'll see her in regular print again. I could ask for her own series but that of course is a big ask, instead I want to see her as a regular character in a series, maybe not Teen Titans but it would be fun if she helped Deathstroke.
    Her appearance in Deathstroke has been great. Probably the best she's ever been written.

I like the character but think DC should stop with the multiple heroes with the same name.i'm quite sure they could be a little more creative in CREATING their characters.with the JUSTICE SOCIETY coming back soon.maybe they should call KARA of earth 2 POWER WOMAN.so that way TANYA could keep the POWER GIRL code name.me personally am not a fan of all the FLASHE'S.GREEN LANTERNS.SUPERMEN.that's what I love about the WONDER WOMAN family of characters.we have 1 WONDER WOMAN.1 WONDER GIRL.1 ARTEMIS.1 TROIA i know people are calling her DONNA TROY but she'll be TROIA to me until she's given a code name.and 1 NUBIA.1 FURY.1 GRACE CHOI.lets keep it simple I'm sure their are other code name's they could come up with.without taking the lazy or easy way out.

Although she will probobly just appear in this one arc of deathstroke, it might be cool for her to stay for the Lazarus contract, don't you think?

Yes, I want nothing more than Tanya to be in regular print again.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One