Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just to report that from seeing the cover of Deathstroke in July Tanya will be a regular in the series.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Very cool!

I'll have to catch up on the comic series.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Out of curiosity is anyone happy with Tanya's appearances in the Deathstroke series. Personally I'd love to see her get her own series but we all know that it isn't going to happen any time soon.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Out of curiosity is anyone happy with Tanya's appearances in the Deathstroke series. Personally I'd love to see her get her own series but we all know that it isn't going to happen any time soon.
    A teen superhero comic is something I'm always here for, but if DC can't even build up the energy to do something with Vixen, then Tanya is a no go as well.

So I'm happy with the exposure she is getting in Deathstroke's book, plus she's being written so well, that's more than what I can say about Vixen and Bumblebee in their respective team books.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 09-09-2017 at 07:37 PM.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

I am enjoying her appearances in Deathstroke, for now a regular monthly appearance is enough. If she was in Marvel I can see her being an SJW character (like Riri Williams). That begs the question, who would win in a fight between Riri and Tanya. Personally I'd back Tanya.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Mighty Member

Tanya is very well written ( and adorable) in Deathstroke. An example of how to do her character type unlike some others. Yeah, she could'nt hold her own book, but she is so much better than Bumblee and Vixen right now. Like I have no idea why they are doing Karen like this in Titans.

Invincible Member

I am enjoying her appearances in Deathstroke, for now a regular monthly appearance is enough. If she was in Marvel I can see her being an SJW character (like Riri Williams). That begs the question, who would win in a fight between Riri and Tanya. Personally I'd back Tanya.
    I've been liking new Power Girl in Deathstroke, but I have to ask...what is a SJW character and why is Riri one and not Tanya?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I've been liking new Power Girl in Deathstroke, but I have to ask...what is a SJW character and why is Riri one and not Tanya?
    Basically it is a Social Justice Warrior character which Marvel have created a fair few of recently. Riri is similar to Tanya in many respects and I feel that if Marvel had Tanya they would write her in a manner that would rub readers the wrong way. I've seen a lot of people who read Riri consider her more of a villain than a hero.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

BANNED

If she was in Marvel I can see her being an SJW character
    Can this term just die? In a fire? Apart from just being silly in its own right, the idea that HEROES shouldn't be SJW's just makes me scratch my head. And I've brought this up in some Marvel threads, but, for the most part, I prefer the new legacies to their classic counterparts (Including Riri)

Also, more on topic, I'm interested in Tanya. I admit, her working with Slade has soured my interest a little, but I'm still willing to give her a shot. Has she appeared in anything besides Nu52/DCYou TT and Deathstroke? Because I have no intention of reading either of those.

No those are her only appearances. She did debut in World's Finest. Plus who do you think would win in a fight between Tanya and Riri?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

BANNED

No those are her only appearances. She did debut in World's Finest. Plus who do you think would win in a fight between Tanya and Riri?
    A shame.

Anywho, not really fair to give my opinion on the fight since I've read almost nothing with Tanya.

Run down of her powers then. Super strength, invulnerability, genius intellect and size manipulation.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

I cringed at the term sjw...

In any case just b/c people don't have the reading comprehension skills and want to interpret Riri as being written as a villain ...doesn't mean she's actually being written as one, as for a fight between her and Tanya, I would back Riri, as they both may be intelligent noobs, but Deathstroke would not give any advice to Tanya to better help her while Riri would have a nice A.I. giving advice in her suit of armor ...then again Tanya is invulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Can this term just die? In a fire? Apart from just being silly in its own right, the idea that HEROES shouldn't be SJW's just makes me scratch my head. And I've brought this up in some Marvel threads, but, for the most part, I prefer the new legacies to their classic counterparts (Including Riri)

Also, more on topic, I'm interested in Tanya. I admit, her working with Slade has soured my interest a little, but I'm still willing to give her a shot. Has she appeared in anything besides Nu52/DCYou TT and Deathstroke? Because I have no intention of reading either of those.
    To the bold, you get it.

As for Tanya she hasn't appeared in anything outside of what you mentioned, the teen titans books she was a part of was badly written and she's being written wonderfully in Deathstroke, but if you're waiting for DC to put her in something else ...you'll always be left curious b/c if DC is this slow moving with Vixen and Bumblebee we'll all be dead once DC takes the initiative to do something else with Tanya.

~~

~~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I cringed at the term sjw...

In any case just b/c people don't have the reading comprehension skills and want to interpret Riri as being written as a villain ...doesn't mean she's actually being written as one
    To the bold, you get it.
    Always nice to see another person with sense in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    As for Tanya she hasn't appeared in anything outside of what you mentioned, the teen titans books she was a part of was badly written and she's being written wonderfully in Deathstroke, but if you're waiting for DC to put her in something else ...you'll always be left curious b/c if DC is this slow moving with Vixen and Bumblebee we'll all be dead once DC takes the initiative to do something else with Tanya.
    Yeah, I'm NOT reading Deathstroke. It's just not happening.

Also, I admit, I'm not really a fan of Mari or Karen. No, my favorite black ladies from DC are Jenni Ognats and Anita Fite. Lord I miss those two...