Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #5

While in a SHIELD jet with Mockingbird, Peter realizes that the Zodiac left a clue about their next target: London. He calls a meeting with Fury at the Parker Industries location in London to prepare for the attack, and learns that a Zodiac agent whose life he saved was subsequently murdered, information kept from Spider-Man because he takes these things too seriously. Zodiac attacks the British museum, so Spider-Man heads there with the Human Torch, Prowler and Mockingbird, getting into a fight with a lot of property damage. Scorpio escapes with an artifact stolen from inside the Rosetta Stone, by endangering his henchmen.

Peter realizes that there was some kind of hack, and blames Sanjani for it, firing her. Ock's getting pissed off pretending to be the Living Brain, while Scorpio turns out to be someone with ties to Parker Industries.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    While in a SHIELD jet with Mockingbird, Peter realizes that the Zodiac left a clue about their next target: London. He calls a meeting with Fury at the Parker Industries location in London to prepare for the attack, and learns that a Zodiac agent whose life he saved was subsequently murdered, information kept from Spider-Man because he takes these things too seriously. Zodiac attacks the British museum, so Spider-Man heads there with the Human Torch, Prowler and Mockingbird, getting into a fight with a lot of property damage. Scorpio escapes with an artifact stolen from inside the Rosetta Stone, by endangering his henchmen.

Peter realizes that there was some kind of hack, and blames Sanjani for it, firing her. Ock's getting pissed off pretending to be the Living Brain, while Scorpio turns out to be someone with ties to Parker Industries.
    Cool issue. Wraps up the first arc of ANAD nicely with a great cliffhanger that promises both Spidey and Peter's worlds are going to get much more complicated soon and the battle with Zodiac will be fought on a couple of fronts. Glad to see Ock get some panel time this issue, still scheming from inside the Living Brain. I expect that taking down Zodiac will be a cakewalk for Peter next to dealing with whatever Ock has in store. And finally, special note for the great job Camuncoli did on art this issue. He's always great but I especially loved how he tackled the action here, with a few more splash pages than usual.

Looking forward to the next arc with Mr. Negative and Cloak and Dagger. While I thought this first arc was great fun, I hope the pace slows down enough that we'll get to see more of Peter in his day to day life.

Mighty Member

Even if Peter is wrong about Sajani being the culprit, you cannot blame him for suspecting her considering her past secret deals with super villains to sabotage Peter's projects. Makes you wonder if Satanic is going to become a villain herself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Cool issue. Wraps up the first arc of ANAD nicely with a great cliffhanger that promises both Spidey and Peter's worlds are going to get much more complicated soon and the battle with Zodiac will be fought on a couple of fronts. Glad to see Ock get some panel time this issue, still scheming from inside the Living Brain. I expect that taking down Zodiac will be a cakewalk for Peter next to dealing with whatever Ock has in store. And finally, special note for the great job Camuncoli did on art this issue. He's always great but I especially loved how he tackled the action here, with a few more splash pages than usual.

Looking forward to the next arc with Mr. Negative and Cloak and Dagger. While I thought this first arc was great fun, I hope the pace slows down enough that we'll get to see more of Peter in his day to day life.
    I get the feeling that issue 9 is going to be quite interesting.

Mighty Member

And yet another villain with no empathy. Seems like the only enemies with a conscious Spidey has is even unluckier than Peter.

Astonishing Member

Not surprising that Sanjani get the pink slip and RobOck's situation will be something that will eventually cause even more chaos for Parker Industries down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Even if Peter is wrong about Sajani being the culprit, you cannot blame him for suspecting her considering her past secret deals with super villains to sabotage Peter's projects. Makes you wonder if Satanic is going to become a villain herself.
    Very good point, given Sanjani's self-righteous attitude.....guess it's a "Wait-N-See" for Sanjani's current(/unemployment) problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This reader can't wait to see what's been going on more with C&D; although Peter's/Spidey's life isn't any less exciting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Not surprising that Sanjani get the pink slip and RobOck's situation will be something that will eventually cause even more chaos for Parker Industries down the line.

Very good point, given Sanjani's self-righteous attitude.....guess it's a "Wait-N-See" for Sanjani's current(/unemployment) problems.

This reader can't wait to see what's been going on more with C&D; although Peter's/Spidey's life isn't any less exciting.
    Do you think doc Ock will be a villain now that he is out of Peter's body? Seems like Otto's attempt to be a hero was only because of Peter.

Mighty Member

Oh well. Sajani was not trustworthy anyway. Plus, in issue one, she hinted that she hated the way Peter was running things and might go behind his back yet again.

Even if she wasn't behind the hack, Peter firing Sajani is still one of his smarter decisions as of late .

Mighty Member

Sajani placed herself in a boy who cried wolf situation.

Astonishing Member

Do you think doc Ock will be a villain now that he is out of Peter's body? Seems like Otto's attempt to be a hero was only because of Peter.
    If you've read the SPIDER-VERSE Saga {mostly within AMAZING SPIDER-MAN at the time}; then chances are you'd have some clues as to how (and why) Doc Ock (within the Living Brain robot) will be back to his villainous ways instead of becoming more 'heroic' (as he was within SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN).

Mighty Member

Before or after Anna Maria rejects him?

If you've read the SPIDER-VERSE Saga {mostly within AMAZING SPIDER-MAN at the time}; then chances are you'd have some clues as to how (and why) Doc Ock (within the Living Brain robot) will be back to his villainous ways instead of becoming more 'heroic' (as he was within SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN).
    Well the how we can infer from Spider-Verse but the why he's villainous is the question considering that, while it's his mind from prior to Goblin Nation character development, he still had a self righteousness to view himself as heroic. I guess we'll see what brings on the shift to villainy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Oh well. Sajani was not trustworthy anyway. Plus, in issue one, she hinted that she hated the way Peter was running things and might go behind his back yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even if she wasn't behind the hack, Peter firing Sajani is still one of his smarter decisions as of late .
    Sajani placed herself in a boy who cried wolf situation.
    Who wants to bet she's gonna jump ship to Alchemax and give them whatever secrets she managed to glean from Parker Industries before Peter fired her, and make life more difficult for him that way?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

For me, I really liked this issue because it seemed to get back to the roots of a lot of things. Seeing Spidey swing through a city felt good and seeing him team up with old allies like Human Torch, Prowler, and Mockingbird felt better! I also dug the corporate responsibility that Peter exercised during his displayed of transparency. Although a world famous CEO, Pete is still Pete.

Nice, good twist at the end. Can't wait for the next issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."