Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I never see people react to Jonah the same way they react to Sajani. I wonder why that is.
    Jonah is very funny.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Jonah also doesn't intentionally try and sabotage his own company and work with outright Supervillains to do it. Scorpion became a Supervillain post-transformation and Smythe wasn't really a Supervillain when he first appeared, compared to helping Electro/Black Cat or trying to make a deal with The Ghost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Jonah is very funny.
    He is!

Doesn't change that he had a hand in creating two supervillains. No one seems to get bent out of shape over that. Or that he constantly uses his paper to go after an innocent man, despite clearly knowing better.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great character. But the guy is pretty darn evil.
    Last edited by cyberhubbs; 12-25-2015 at 10:39 AM.

He is!

Doesn't change that he had a hand in creating two supervillains. No one seems to get bent out of shape over that. Or that he constantly uses his paper to go after an innocent man, despite clearly knowing better.

Jonah's more of a screw-up than actually evil, I think. He's a blustering fool on the one hand, but then he'll actually do something good for Peter Parker on the rare occasion that he can help. (Like when he paid for Peter's legal bills. Or even in the first Raimi movie when he refused to name Peter even when the Green Goblin had him dead to rights.)

He is!

Oh yeah. But, he's entertaining, so readers like him. Plus Spidey gets the better of him every now and then.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Firstly, Merry Christmas everyone!....from London, so, #5 I enjoyed Spidey coming to London! Nice touch with the scenes in the British Museum, and the page with the obligatory Big Ben & Millennium Wheel scene...good issue overall also, for all the reasons mentioned already, a continuing plot "thickens"!

Cheers

Jon

I never see people react to Jonah the same way they react to Sajani. I wonder why that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Jonah is very funny.
    This...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jonah also doesn't intentionally try and sabotage his own company and work with outright Supervillains to do it. Scorpion became a Supervillain post-transformation and Smythe wasn't really a Supervillain when he first appeared, compared to helping Electro/Black Cat or trying to make a deal with The Ghost.
    this...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Jonah's more of a screw-up than actually evil, I think. He's a blustering fool on the one hand, but then he'll actually do something good for Peter Parker on the rare occasion that he can help. (Like when he paid for Peter's legal bills. Or even in the first Raimi movie when he refused to name Peter even when the Green Goblin had him dead to rights.)
    ...and this.

And speaking of Sajani, I wonder if it's being set-up that she comes back and sues Peter for wrongful dismissal, especially since he doesn't actually have any evidence that she was the one who released the nanotech into London's CCTV system. And Peter tries to argue, "But she's tried to sabotage the company in the past to advance her own career. She worked with known felons!" Sajani's hypothetical attorney could go, "Really? Seems to me whoever really hacked into the CCTV system was actually helping you. And if she was working with known felons to sabotage your company as you claim, why didn't you alert the authorities about this alleged criminal activity, Mr. Parker? Because if you withheld knowledge of a crime, then you're an accessory after the fact, are you not?"
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    And speaking of Sajani, I wonder if it's being set-up that she comes back and sues Peter for wrongful dismissal, especially since he doesn't actually have any evidence that she was the one who released the nanotech into London's CCTV system.
    Reading Peter's dialog about the nanotech being traced to a local residence makes me wonder if that residence is Sajani's, hence his conclusion.

Anyway, I'm also guessing that Johnny's advise about Peter burning both ends is foreshadowing. We also get to see him interact with another inventive genius who works from the Baxter Building, just like Reed, only close to his age. We see both the similarities and the differences.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Call me crazy, but I think this thing with Ock is a bit of a red herring. Slott has us thinking he'll be back as a villian but he's going to end up being somewhat heroic.....a total jerkass, but still somewhat heroic. Especially when Anna is concerned.

Fantastic Member

We can't have him married but we can have this?
    I'm just going through the motions reading this, nice art but it's not Spider-Man. I readout of habit now. 2 stars

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    We can't have him married but we can have this?
    I'm just going through the motions reading this, nice art but it's not Spider-Man. I readout of habit now. 2 stars
    You may want to actually read it then because this is an awesome issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think this thing with Ock is a bit of a red herring. Slott has us thinking he'll be back as a villian but he's going to end up being somewhat heroic.....a total jerkass, but still somewhat heroic. Especially when Anna is concerned.
    Much as I enjoyed the Superior Spider-man and have gone on record saying 'I want a Superior Doc Ock title!', I really doubt we'll get anything close to heroic jerkass Ock. xD

He's too iconic a Spidey villain.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Much as I enjoyed the Superior Spider-man and have gone on record saying 'I want a Superior Doc Ock title!', I really doubt we'll get anything close to heroic jerkass Ock. xD

magneto was an iconic villain and he is still written as a hero/antihero.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

He could be an Anti-Hero and he did technically die so he paid for his sins. So if he returns in full than he should be judged on what he does with his new life.

I can see him ending up like say Magneto. Not lived by the people bit not outright evil.

Though will he come back as Doc Ock or will he return as Superior?

Mighty Member

I wonder if ASM vol 4 is the last volume and that Miles Morales will take Peter's place as spider man while Peter fades into the background?