Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Five Unlikely Live-Action Marvel Villains That Could Actually Happen

"Jessica Jones'" Kilgrave proved Marvel can tap a very deep wells for live-action villains, and we look at unlikey prospects who just might happen.

Full article here.

BANNED

This probably would have worked better if it was just titled "Five Live Action Villains I'd Like to See Onscreen" because, as written, it doesn't really give much foundation to the idea that these 5 are "unlikely" (or any more unlikely than any of the ones we've already seen).

A pretty good set of choices, though.

BANNED

The only character I have a hard time seeing working in Live Action is (surprisingly enough) Hammer Head. The rest are out there enough that they would probably work pretty well, although Fin Fang Foom might need to be presented with a different name.

From this list, my top three would be:

1) Modok
    2) Barron Blood
    3) Fin Fang Foom

Incredible Member

A bit after the release of CAPTAIN AMERICA:The First Avenger, the writers of the flick wanted have MODOK as the sequel's Big Bad. The candidate to play the Mobile Organism Designed Only For Killing was Peter Dinklage. What would be scarier than seeing a giant Peter Dinklage head flying around ?

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    The candidate to play the Mobile Organism Designed Only For Killing was Peter Dinklage.
    Could MODOK be played by anyone but Peter Dinklage? He seems like he could skirt the line of being ridiculous but being utterly frightening perfectly.

MODOK and Fin Fang Foom are by far the Marvel villains I want on the big screen the most. Though I wonder if there might be legal issues with Fox concerning MODOK, since he apparently counts as a "mutant".

And just for the record, She-Hulk is the Marvel hero I really want to see in pictures (not counting characters who are already slated to have their own movies or Netflix series).

Quote Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
    MODOK and Fin Fang Foom are by far the Marvel villains I want on the big screen the most. Though I wonder if there might be legal issues with Fox concerning MODOK, since he apparently counts as a "mutant".
    Wasn't MODOk just some guy who was transformed by A.I.M.? He also has nothing to do with the X-Men, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wasn't MODOk just some guy who was transformed by A.I.M.? He also has nothing to do with the X-Men, as far as I know.
    Yes, and counting as mutant isn't how the rights work anyway. They have to be X-affiliated, and MODOK isn't anyone's specific villain other than AIM, which Marvel has. It's a ridiculous suggestion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    A bit after the release of CAPTAIN AMERICA:The First Avenger, the writers of the flick wanted have MODOK as the sequel's Big Bad. The candidate to play the Mobile Organism Designed Only For Killing was Peter Dinklage. What would be scarier than seeing a giant Peter Dinklage head flying around ?
    It's too bad that seemingly got shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It's too bad that seemingly got shot down.
    I'd like to see what happens if you mix computer Arnim Zola from Winter Soldier with MODOK...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    I'd like to see what happens if you mix computer Arnim Zola from Winter Soldier with MODOK...
    Like they literally mix, like MODOK was some boring computer screen faced thing? Or they had the characters show up to some place like in the movie, and the reveal was this crazy looking guy with a giant head in a floating character that has psychic powers?

MODOK would have been great in that movie; probably would have actually like it if he was revealed as the villain, and they had to fight him in the end. And how funny would it have been if he was the villain in a Marvel movie the same year The Theory of Everything came out?

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Like they literally mix, like MODOK was some boring computer screen faced thing? Or they had the characters show up to some place like in the movie, and the reveal was this crazy looking guy with a giant head in a floating character that has psychic powers?

MODOK would have been great in that movie; probably would have actually like it if he was revealed as the villain, and they had to fight him in the end. And how funny would it have been if he was the villain in a Marvel movie the same year The Theory of Everything came out?
    I mean if they had the computer program Arnim Zola be given a MODOK body. MODOK as Arnim Zola. Uploaded into a giant floating head with little arms and legs.

Amazing Member

MODOK sure is getting a big push for onscreen appearance. Unless it's a giant head with mechanical spider-legs and machine gun placements (ala MODOK v2 from Red Hulk series), I don't see how they can possibly make him look menacing.
    Hammerhead never looked menacing, not even in comics. I could never understand how he would be a threat to Spidey.. like why can't Spidey avoid Hammerhead's charges? He gets hit, and then he's all hurt and in serious danger, and I'm like... "from Hammerhead??" Nah, leave that one in the funnybooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    I mean if they had the computer program Arnim Zola be given a MODOK body. MODOK as Arnim Zola. Uploaded into a giant floating head with little arms and legs.
    I think the only way they could do MODOK on screen would be as an experimental combat robot that gets taken over by the Arnim Zola computer program. It wouldn't have a giant TV screen, I'm pretty sure.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would rather see Tombstone or Silvermane before someone like Hammerhead. They both have visuals that would look much better in live action than Hammerhead.