Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default PREVIEW: Wonder Woman #47 - The CHEETAH Strikes!

Multiversity Comics has en exclusive preview of Wonder Woman #47, coming out December 30.

The work of guest artist Miguel Mendonca looks way better than the last fill-in and at least Diana isn't wearing the new costume in those pages, so there's that.

I'm not convinced by the excuse that Diana's repression of her God of War self somehow affected the Amazons into a murderous spree. Even if Diana was the "spark", the Amazons still come off as a terrible people...

Cheetah's presence is long overdue, although I worry about how Meredith Finch will handle her character. At least it's just a one-shot appearance in any case.

Looks like Diana still looks like Antiope in the Nu52. Instead of Antiope being her Aunt, she's her Grandmother.
    Richard Alexander

So Antiope is Diana's grandmother and Hippolyta's mother? Yet in the annual Aclippe (http://www.comicvine.com/queen-aclippe/4005-118759/) was Hippolyta's mother. Did Finch forget the name of a character she invented?? Hopefully there is an explanation.

Fantastic Member

Like I said complicated mess

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It looks like Finch did her homework on the Cheetah. She tore through that army of Amazons leaving them as nothing more than a bloody mess. This is a significant improvement since the Green Arrow debacle.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

What was "the Green Arrow debacle"? Thanks!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This...doesn't look as bad as I'd feared. Cheetah's dangerous enough to destroy a squad of Amazons and avoid their best trackers. So that's something. And she's hunting an artifact! Yay! Maybe Finch is just somehow a little better when her husband isn't on art duties? I recall the backup story in the annual not being as bad as the main one.

But I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. For instance, it's probably not a good sign that Dessa is able to recognize Cheetah's handiwork while Diana (who actually has a history with her) is all "whoever could it possibly be?"

In other news, we FINALLY know how the Amazons are immortal (FOUR YEARS IN). And Hera was the one to do it. Makes Hippolyta's decision to sleep with Hera's man even more poorly thought out than it already was.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 12-24-2015 at 09:30 AM.

either some one forgot to tell David about Wonder Woman returning to her original New 52 costume
    or Diana actually does consider it just a bathing suite and decided to wear it to the beach

Look forward to reading this

Wait a minute. Diana was affecting the entire island, but only a small group of Amazons actually killed anyone? The remaining group was affected but didn't kill the smaller group?

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    What was "the Green Arrow debacle"? Thanks!

Apparently(I didn't read the book) but a few of our members here have reported that in Green Arrow's solo book, he stopped the Cheetah with one of his trick-arrows.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This...doesn't look as bad as I'd feared. Cheetah's dangerous enough to destroy a squad of Amazons and avoid their best trackers. So that's something. And she's hunting an artifact! Yay! Maybe Finch is just somehow a little better when her husband isn't on art duties? I recall the backup story in the annual not being as bad as the main one.

But I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. For instance, it's probably not a good sign that Dessa is able to recognize Cheetah's handiwork while Diana (who actually has a history with her) is all "whoever could it possibly be?"

In other news, we FINALLY know how the Amazons are immortal (FOUR YEARS IN). And Hera was the one to do it. Makes Hippolyta's decision to sleep with Hera's man even more poorly thought out than it already was.

While I'm not looking for any credit here, when Meredith and David relayed their intentions to use the Cheetah in their run, I strongly recommended that they read Geoff Johns' portryal of Cheetah from Justice League #13 & 14 before writing their story so that we didn't get another lackluster Cheetah appearance like we have a few times in the New 52 since Geoff's story. From the preview, it looks like Cheetah's power level and attraction to mystical artifacts is consistent with her appearance in Geoff's story so hopefully the rest of the story fails to disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    either some one forgot to tell David about Wonder Woman returning to her original New 52 costume
    or Diana actually does consider it just a bathing suite and decided to wear it to the beach

Look forward to reading this

I think we should just be thankful that eye-sore is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Apparently(I didn't read the book) but a few of our members here have reported that in Green Arrow's solo book, he stopped the Cheetah with one of his trick-arrows.
    Yep. Cheetah didn't even get to put up a fight .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think we should just be thankful that eye-sore is gone.
    Man, "Yes" and "No".

While I won't miss that costume, it doesn't seem like it went away because the creative team wanted it to.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wait a minute. Diana was affecting the entire island, but only a small group of Amazons actually killed anyone? The remaining group was affected but didn't kill the smaller group?

Huh?

I could see Diana's GoW mojo affecting the worst of the Amazons(the sex raiders) first, enhancing their violent, man-hating tendencies.