Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, "Yes" and "No".

While I won't miss that costume, it doesn't seem like it went away because the creative team wanted it to.

I don't think any of the DC You visual overhauls were meant to last more than a year. Aquaman is also going back to his previous costume in the next month or two and none of the DC You overhauls made it into Justice League(thankfully).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I could see Diana's GoW mojo affecting the worst of the Amazons(the sex raiders) first, enhancing their violent, man-hating tendencies.
    Ugh, maybe. That said -

- No affect on the others eve after fellow Amazons are killed.
    - The Male Amazons actually were afraid(from what I recall).

It just doesn't track all that well once you take a second to think about what they actually put on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I don't think any of the DC You visual overhauls were meant to last more than a year. Aquaman is also going back to his previous costume in the next month or two and none of the DC You overhauls made it into Justice League(thankfully).
    Sure. However, this writer mentioned why she thought it was time for a change and why. Now, "Back to the bathing suit!"

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure. However, this writer mentioned why she thought it was time for a change and why. Now, "Back to the bathing suit!"

Probably editorial mandate in both cases.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

I like the art here much better than the usual art.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

I wish I could like it, but considering the total lack of any previous foreshadowing, Diana's 'explanation' just sounds like a retcon to explain away something the fans pretty much hated (murderous Amazons). I can't think of a single thing that could even pass for a hint that Diana's godhood and inability to hold it back was having any effect on anyone.

It just reads like the fan backlash and subsequent drop off in readership led to a decision to try to explain it away and change the past for the sake of sales and not story

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I wish I could like it, but considering the total lack of any previous foreshadowing, Diana's 'explanation' just sounds like a retcon to explain away something the fans pretty much hated (murderous Amazons). I can't think of a single thing that could even pass for a hint that Diana's godhood and inability to hold it back was having any effect on anyone.

It just reads like the fan backlash and subsequent drop off in readership led to a decision to try to explain it away and change the past for the sake of sales and not story
    Let alone that you have to think "What does that have to do with Donna?"

They just said she was part of Zeke's/Zeus' plan and not under some weirdo "God Of War Backlash" influence.

We're finally learning why the Amazons wound up on Paradise Island. About time. So I suppose this preview and the last 4 years mean Heracles does not play a role in the New 52 WONDER WOMAN mythos.

I think the issue looks great, time to come back I think. Lots of WW books next week to ring in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    We're finally learning why the Amazons wound up on Paradise Island. About time. So I suppose this preview and the last 4 years mean Heracles does not play a role in the New 52 WONDER WOMAN mythos.
    Given how Diana referred to him as her only "decent" family member, it's pretty safe to assume that he doesn't have the same history with the Amazons as he used to.

Now that's a change I support. But didn't we already get the story of why they separated themselves in the annual?

Great Hera...she's STILL on That Blamed Island?! Seriously?

Cheetah has actually packed a lunch and rowed herself out to that Island, probably figuring it's the only way she'd ever get another shot at Diana, ..cuz she's totally NEVER going to leave the Island. Ever.

E'eehh-veuuurrrr...

Blood is shootin' out muh eyes. I give up.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Given how Diana referred to him as her only "decent" family member, it's pretty safe to assume that he doesn't have the same history with the Amazons as he used to.
    Or (surprise) Diana was just never told about him.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In other news, we FINALLY know how the Amazons are immortal (FOUR YEARS IN). And Hera was the one to do it. Makes Hippolyta's decision to sleep with Hera's man even more poorly thought out than it already was.
    I still wish Hippolyta wasn't another one of Zeus's lovers. I hate that part of this new Wonder Woman. So now we find out that the reason why the amazons are immortal is because of a gift from Hera. So Hippolyta betrays the goddess that gave the amazons this wonderful gift. I think it would have been better if Hippolyta did fall in love with Zeus but refused to be seduced by him and have sex with him. Instead of having sex with him they both formed a child out of clay and Zeus gave the child life. At least then Hippolyta had the strength to fight her animal instincts unlike so many other women that Zeus seduced.

I must say that I do like the art in this issue, and I am glad that hey are using the Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by MTroy View Post
    I still wish Hippolyta wasn't another one of Zeus's lovers. I hate that part of this new Wonder Woman. So now we find out that the reason why the amazons are immortal is because of a gift from Hera. So Hippolyta betrays the goddess that gave the amazons this wonderful gift. I think it would have been better if Hippolyta did fall in love with Zeus but refused to be seduced by him and have sex with him. Instead of having sex with him they both formed a child out of clay and Zeus gave the child life. At least then Hippolyta had the strength to fight her animal instincts unlike so many other women that Zeus seduced...
    Bu-uuutt...what's the matter with women indulging their God-given animal instincts and curiosities? What's the matter with them indulging their sexual impulses ..or inflaming the sexual impulses of others? Even [gasp] ..men?

Women being sexually alive beings doesn't make them anymore deserving of rape, brutalization, oppression, exploitation, prejudice and injustice. Should we condemn Wonder Woman, when people see her in her breastplate and shorts and feel turned on by that? She's a beautiful woman, with a beautiful body that she's trained to perfection, ..but does our lust make her body a dirty, ugly, vulgar thing? If we do that, we're liars and cowards, who are so afraid to take responsibility for our own 'animal' natures, that we'd rather blame them on women - and for what?

We should embrace our humanity. All of it. There's freedom in that.

Freedom - not truth - is and always has been what Wonder Woman is about? It never ceases to amaze me how many WW writers and fellow fans don't understand that truth is merely the weapon that Diana has chosen to battle injustice and tyranny, with. It makes sense, if only because there can be no real freedom to be women, to be gay, to practice or not practice a religion, ..if there is no truth.

Let's defend women's right to be free, beautiful, sexually alive beings, at ANY age. If we can't do that here, on a WW forum, where else's it supposed to happen?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-27-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!