Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

So they're rewriting the script or revising star wars 8, b/c the characters are more popular or rather more well liked than they thought ...then what was the previous script even about... Was Finn in a coma for half the movie or something, was Poe shown doing a one off mission, while we see Rey train sometimes.

I'm also hearing Disney thought Kylo Ren would be their most popular character, and I'm left wondering, why the trailers didn't focus on him much, but on the bait and switch with Finn, why did the movie feel like it was about Rey then...

I don't get why they would conclude that Kylo would be the most popular character coming out this movie, is it b/c his parentage or something else...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post

I never said I wanted him to do anything perfectly....I wanted him to be component, have a real arc, and have some actual skills.
    That is not true and you know it. The only way you would have been happy is if Fin was a Jedi period.

Finn did have skills. As soon as he got his hands on a blaster, he was merking dudes left and right, literally. And he did it with ease.

He just wasn't good with a lightsaber.
    Last edited by 80sbaby; 01-24-2016 at 12:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Finn did have skills. As soon as he got his hands on a blaster, he was merking dudes left and right, literally. And he did it with ease.

He just wasn't good with a lightsaber.
    Rey is a force prodigy, genius mechanic, ace pilot, multilingual, fighting savant and not all that bad with a blaster.

Finn is a good shot sure but it hardly compares to the above.
    Rey also gets trained by Luke, the Skywalker saber, the Falcon and Chewie. Finn gets a jacket and a coma.

And sorry killing no name troopers ain't anything to celebrate.

Rey is a force prodigy, genius mechanic, ace pilot, multilingual, fighting savant and not all that bad with a blaster.

Finn is a good shot sure but it hardly compares to the above.
    Rey also gets trained by Luke, the Skywalker saber, the Falcon and Chewie. Finn gets a jacket and a coma.

And sorry killing no name troopers ain't anything to celebrate.
    I'm not comparing him to Rey, though. You claimed he had no skills, which is flat out untrue.

BANNED

Fine no real skills relative to Rey or Poe and his skills wasnt emphasized like their skills.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So they're rewriting the script or revising 8, b/c the characters are more popular or rather well liked than they thought ...then what was the script even about... Was Finn in a coma for half the movie or something, was Poe shown doing a one off mission, while we see Rey train sometimes.

I'm also hearing Disney thought Kylo Ren would be their most popular character, and I'm left wondering, why the trailers didn't focus on him much, but on the bait and switch with Finn, why did the movie feel like it was about Rey, if you didn't really put emphasis on Kylo's character...

I don't get why they would conclude that Kylo would be the favorite character coming out this movie, is it b/c his parentage or...
    Well, because Darth Vader was the most popular character after the original Star Wars if you go based on merchandise sales, part of the reason he gravitated in importance between ANH and ESB was because of how much merch he shifted. They probably still are selling the most Kylo Ren action figures compared to the others.

I don't get why they would conclude that Kylo would be the favorite character coming out this movie, is it b/c his parentage or...
    Star Wars has history with people liking the bad guys just a little bit better than the good guys. When you think Star Wars OT the first thing that comes to mind is Darth Vader.

Star Wars Prequels- Darth Maul

Star War NT (New Trilogy)- Kylo Ren (At least in theory)

BANNED

I am not sure why they thought Rey wouldnt sell besides Sexism...they poured everything into that character to make her a winner...Darth Vader is popular sure but if they wanted Vader then maybe Kylo should have won against Rey and not spent the whole time whining about the Light and throwing ineffectual tantrums. No one loves Anakin. They love Vader

BANNED

So they're rewriting the script or revising star wars 8, b/c the characters are more popular or rather more well liked than they thought ...then what was the previous script even about... Was Finn in a coma for half the movie or something, was Poe shown doing a one off mission, while we see Rey train sometimes.
    Movies get rewritten all the time, especially big studio films like this. Some of them end up with scripts that look like rainbows.

I'm also hearing Disney thought Kylo Ren would be their most popular character, and I'm left wondering, why the trailers didn't focus on him much, but on the bait and switch with Finn, why did the movie feel like it was about Rey then...

I don't get why they would conclude that Kylo would be the most popular character coming out this movie, is it b/c his parentage or something else...
    Hearing from where, based on what?

The movie felt like it was about Rey because the movie was about Rey.

They would probably conclude that Kylo Ren would sell more because he's the movies Darth Vader, and they gave him his own unique Lightsaber. Kind of like they probably assumed Captain Phasma would sell more toys, (even thought she barely in the movie and does almost nothing) because she's a unique looking Stormtrooper. This isn't their first Star Wars rodeo, they've sold Star Wars toys before.

Fine no real skills relative to Rey or Poe and his skills wasnt emphasized like their skills.
    Well good thing I don't care about comparisons like that. Finn was my favorite character.

BANNED

Relative to Rey no one has any real skills.

BANNED

Cant argue with that talk about overloaded

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    The movie felt like it was about Rey because the movie was about Rey.

They would probably conclude that Kylo Ren would sell more because he's the movies Darth Vader, and they gave him his own unique Lightsaber. Kind of like they probably assumed Captain Phasma would sell more toys, (even thought she barely in the movie and does almost nothing) because she's a unique looking Stormtrooper. This isn't their first Star Wars rodeo, they've sold Star Wars toys before.
    Honestly, the lack of Rey merchandise is understandable. The gender division for toys is not as strict as it once was, but for boys' lines like Star Wars, female action figures do tend to sell poorly and main character or not, Rey doesn't have a particularly distinctive look or any really "toyetic" elements that would make her an exception to this rule. This might be unfortunate but the fault lies with the consumer on this one, not on the manufacturer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Honestly, the lack of Rey merchandise is understandable. The gender division for toys is not as strict as it once was, but for boys' lines like Star Wars, female action figures do tend to sell poorly and main character or not, Rey doesn't have a particularly distinctive look or any really "toyetic" elements that would make her an exception to this rule. This might be unfortunate but the fault lies with the consumer on this one, not on the manufacturer.
    Oh, I don't think it's not understandable. I also don't really think it has anything to do with Rey being a girl, or that's it's the consumers fault either. Captain Phasma is female, and she has the second most merchandise, or so I saw somewhere. They made more toys of the more visually interesting characters, especially right out of the gate, before the movie had come out. They knew what would sell, so they made more toys of it. And they happen to be the villains with cool looks is all.