Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    It was a Bendis team book, and had the same worth/appeal as his previous team books.

If you happened to be attached to the featured characters going in, you could rest assured that they would be presented reasonably well, get lots of lines and avoid any sort of stresses that might cause them to change. That plus good art seems to be enough for a large chunk of the readership. They're not paying to read stories, they're just getting a monthly update on their fictional besties. So long as they keep showing up and either doing something cool or saying something funny, it's enough, and Bendis is good at that kind of instant-gratification writing.

Beyond that, he still can't separate individual voices unless they're Spider-Man, Battle of the Atom was a waste of time and effort, Last Will feels like a cruel joke in retrospect, none of the NXS kids bar Tempus ever felt like they were going anywhere (and didn't), every B-SHIELD appearance accomplished nothing except crapping all over the good work other writers have done making Maria Hill palatable in recent years, and the All Cyclops Everything focus hurt everyone, including Cyclops himself. The dumb rally thing in #600 does not make that better, by the way. It's the equivalent of putting a couple cherries on top of a cowpat and hoping nobody'll notice the stink.

Hhhh. I could've said all that years ago before the run even started. Hell, I probably did somewhere. I'm not even mad, and I can't be disappointed because I expected it. It's just...sort of sad, really.
    This is probably the most accurate post to describe BMB writing in general i've seen on the World Wide Web. (literally)

In short if your a die hard Cyclops fan and didn't like how AvX ended... BMB run of UXM was YOUR book. The ultimate Ode to the character.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

I liked it. It wasn't Gillen though...

I lost interest since Marvel has this newfound obsession with delaying books...

It was OK. It suffered from his decompressed writing style. With nothing or very little happening. I enjoyed it yes. It could have been a hell of a lot better imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.