All-New Member

Default 2000 AD Recommendations

Hey. Really want to get into buying/reading 2000 AD collection stuff, but not too sure where to start. Some of your top go to recommendations would be sweet.

Thanks

You can start with Hachette collection. That would be 80 HC books in total collecting mostly Judge Dredd stories and everything related to this universe, like Anderson, Strotum Dog etc.

You can also subscirbe for 2000AD YT channel when they do some recommedations.

And get Horned God with Bisley's art, it's awesome.

The Hachette partworks are collecting Strontium Dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    The Hachette partworks are collecting Strontium Dog?
    Not exactly, but he's in latest issue. Pretty good stuff, if I have to say.

Spectacular Member

The Hachette collection's good for the Dredd universe but you'd be missing out on other series' that might interest you. Personally I'd consider picking up a variety of the better books that can be read standalone and expanding out from there if you find that the writer or artists or the series interests you. For example, there's Slaine: The Horned God by Pat Mills and Simon Bisley. If you liked that then you have the rest of the series to consider checking out or Pat Mills' many other series', such as The ABC Warriors, Nemesis The Warlock and Savage. That's the kinda thing I'd probably do.

Lots of good books to read I would suggest looking into Ballad of Halo Jones or the Alan Moore Future Shocks both great reads. Strontium Dog is really good the first volume is out of print but if you read digitally you can get it. The original run is collected in 4 big trades some great stories. It is all black and white, but very very good. Bad Company is a good read from Peter Milligan, the have been reprinting ABC Warriors in hardcovers some good stuff from Pat Mills. Nemesis vol 1 is getting a reprint soon and is good, Slaine is a great read also from Mills. Button Man is a great read from John Wagner who created the Dredd strip and Strontium Dog.

For Judge Dredd the complete case files 3 & 5 are great starting places lots of good content. Rogue Trooper is another classic 2000 AD series and worth checking out, IDW recently printed color versions of the early Rogue Trooper. Zenith from Grant Morrison is a good read and recently reprinted.

For more recent strips Jaegir and Brass Sun have been good reads.

Nikolai Dante was awesome too.