Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman: Bad Blood" Debuts New Clip, Announce World Premiere Events

The anticipated animated film makes its debut in 2016 with red carpet events in Los Angeles and NYC.

Full article here.

really looking forward to this. Grayson finally gets the spotlight in a Batman animated movie plus the introduction of Batwoman. this should really raise the profile of Batwing too. maybe he'll be more of a regular in the Batfamily after this. i'm curious to see if they can capture any of the amazing chemistry Dick and Damien had as Batman & Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    really looking forward to this. Grayson finally gets the spotlight in a Batman animated movie plus the introduction of Batwoman. this should really raise the profile of Batwing too. maybe he'll be more of a regular in the Batfamily after this. i'm curious to see if they can capture any of the amazing chemistry Dick and Damien had as Batman & Robin.
    Glad to see I'm not the only person here who's actually looking forward to the movie .

All-New Member

Well, that makes two. I wish they would quit this new 52 stuff. Since Son of Batman DC animation has been uneven. I think it is the underlying editorial direction that is the cause of the misfiring. I think its clear the talent of DC animation keeps as much of this afloat as possible. Justice League War was an absolute mess. Uneven animation and Superman and Wonder Woman were bizarrely wooden and "fake." Couldn't make heads nor tails of them.

Well, Luke is in Batgirl right now, so that's about as far as it goes, for now. Maybe Batwing will show up again someday soon.

Also, considering that this movie firmly establishes Dick as incapable of being Batman (apparently, straight from Oliva), I don't think this is the spotlight he needed. In fact, it's pretty close to an insult, since they took one of the more recent Batman runs, and are now "adapting" it by using some of the same characters and taking them in the complete opposite direction Morrison did. Again, though, this is based on what Oliva said. And the clip hasn't really changed that for me, either. I'm going to have to wait a bit until after the movie comes out to know whether it somehow turns out to be a good movie.

Also, it's nice that Batwoman is finally showing up. I've been hoping she would get a new book one day, or maybe just take over Detective Comics. She could use this spotlight.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Meh, let me know when Tim and Jason are introduced into the animated verse

Extraordinary Member

Lol That's is is early fighting.Dick not Grayson. " Even when your gone I can't get away from you" lol yea this would be great if fighting comics were running lol
    However robin son of batman will get a boost

Considering the last animated movies involving Damian I'm pretty sure the spotlight will be on Damian and Dick will look like a loser. It looks like the responsible people for the movie don't think Dick was a good Batman or smth. Anyway it will be nice to see Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Meh, let me know when Tim and Jason are introduced into the animated verse
    You want Jason and Tim to get a turn at being terrible as well?
    These movies are not good you should feel nothing but happy that they aren't subjugated to these underfunded badly written OC movies

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Aside from SoB, (which it itself wasn't that bad) I have enjoyed these new52ish movies, keep 'em coming!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I like the New 52 movies, for the most part.

This one looks good as well.

Looks terrible

pass

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Well, Luke is in Batgirl right now, so that's about as far as it goes, for now. Maybe Batwing will show up again someday soon.

Also, considering that this movie firmly establishes Dick as incapable of being Batman (apparently, straight from Oliva), I don't think this is the spotlight he needed. In fact, it's pretty close to an insult, since they took one of the more recent Batman runs, and are now "adapting" it by using some of the same characters and taking them in the complete opposite direction Morrison did. Again, though, this is based on what Oliva said. And the clip hasn't really changed that for me, either. I'm going to have to wait a bit until after the movie comes out to know whether it somehow turns out to be a good movie.

Also, it's nice that Batwoman is finally showing up. I've been hoping she would get a new book one day, or maybe just take over Detective Comics. She could use this spotlight.
    I will pass on this, too.

I have no interest when a story makes it a point to underutilize Grayson (my favorite Bat-character).

DC animation is not what it used to be.

I actually think this is the first time the Disco Nightwing suit has been shown in a case in the Batcave...I can't recall seeing it in Son of Batman or Batman vs. Robin. I wonder if that's to setup "Justice League Vs. The Titans," and that's what Dick wore when he led the Titans?

I hope there's some confirmation as to whether the yellow oval Batman costume that Dick ends up wearing is the same one Bruce wore when Dick was Robin. It seems like it's very significant to him given he singles it out...

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

This should be a pretty good movie!