Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Default Which Avengers show is better: EMH or Assemble?

So I am catching up on my Marvel Animated shows. I have finished Spectacular Spider-Man, and Wolverine and the X-Men, and I'm ready to move on to the Avengers. However, I could use some help deciding on a show. Like the name of the topic, which of the two Avengers shows is the better watch? Both have 2 seasons that have a total of 52 episodes. I'll probably watch both eventually, though.

In my opinion, it's no contest. Earth's Mightiest Heroes hands down .

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I enjoyed EMH.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

EMH is the way to go!

EMH easily, still mad it was cancelled on a cliffhanger.

Avengers Assemble doesn't totally suck, but Earth's Mightiest Heroes was superior by a long shot. Yes, even with the cheesy opening theme.

EMH for sure, but I do LOVE AA. It's a lot better than most people give it credit for.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

What's wrong with Avengers Assemble?

It can be as bad as Avengers United They Stand.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes is a classic cartoon that had the guts to tell some seriously epic stories, including a superior version of Secret Invasion. Avengers Assemble has its characters never learn the Aesop from the previous episode. What do you think is better when you think about it?

EMH. they canceled a great cartoon to give us something more along the lines of the ADHD brain dead Ultimate Spider Man toon. great decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    EMH. they canceled a great cartoon to give us something more along the lines of the ADHD brain dead Ultimate Spider Man toon. great decision.
    If that's true, then they did the same thing to Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice. Both of the aforementioned shows got two seasons before they were cancelled for no reason. Spectacular was replaced by Ultimate Spider-Man and Young Justice was replaced by Teen Titans Go. Who makes these decisions?
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 12-25-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    If that's true, then they did the same thing to Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice. Both of the aforementioned shows got two seasons before they were cancelled for no reason. Spectacular was replaced by Ultimate Spider-Man and Young Justice was replaced by Teen Titans Go. Who makes these decisions?
    From what I have read some of these cartoons are used to drive action figure sales and apparently, Young Justice figures weren't selling well, so...... As for EMH, I don't know what the reasoning was there. Spectacular Spiderman wasn't my favorite but it was admittedly a very good show. I also lamented the cancellation of Wolverine and the X-Men. The 1st season wasn't the best, but the cliffhanger they ended it with had me excited to see what would happen.

Definitely EMH for me. That series had everything. The last Marvel cartoon that had most of my attention was X-Men a longtime ago. I would've been totally fine with them continuing that series rather than switch to Assemble, honestly. The best thing about Assemble is Thanos.

EMH gets my vote. Of course, the series is not exactly perfect and several episodes in Season 2 were soured by Man of Action and Jeph Loeb, but it's overall a very good adaptation of a Marvel property. I really enjoyed how almost each and every character got his own sense of progression in the series and how they handled storylines like the Breakout, Secret Invasion and Ultron. It's unfortunate that the series got canceled in favor of a show which had more synergy with the MCU, but the final episode provides at least a little sense of closure. Still, I would have loved to see how the Surtur plot would have played out and if the Avengers would have crossed paths with the Guardians again. And I'll never forgive Jeph Loeb for replacing the lines recorded by Josh Keaton with Drake Bell.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Both have their pros and cons. What it really boils down to is this: EMH is for fans of the classic Avengers comics. AA is for fans of the modern Avengers movies.

Personally, I adored EMH for its faithfulness to the source material. I also liked that the roster changed and characters evolved over time.