All-New Member

Default Help with Hellboy timeline images

Hello!

I am looking for some help and I hope you guys will be knowledgeable enough, if not you I have no idea who lol.

In short I am looking to collect some images of Hellboy from the art of him as a youngster eating pancakes through to today, or rather through to him fulfilling his destiny becoming fully horned and the end of the world.

I really hope that makes sense as I don't know how to explain it any better

Is such a thing possible? The images would have to be Mike Mignola specific not from the movies or animated series etc.

How would I find the images and how would I know which would be the right order?

Thanks in advance

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    In short I am looking to collect some images of Hellboy from the art of him as a youngster eating pancakes through to today, or rather through to him fulfilling his destiny becoming fully horned and the end of the world.

I really hope that makes sense as I don't know how to explain it any better

Is such a thing possible? The images would have to be Mike Mignola specific not from the movies or animated series etc.

How would I find the images and how would I know which would be the right order?
    Primarily I would say that because Hellboy is so heavily about the promise and potential onto story - an ever building story but also as leading up to some distinctly finite ending - there would or could always be appearing more sides to things, with ever-evolving stakes both as outcomes potentially.
    As a comic book protagonist Hellboy seems very visual, a graphical as well as allegorical extrapolation of what he'd be to stand for, but this seems to mean his stubborn character or particularness only gets more room for coming into play.
    With any such potential or various outcomes remaining in play for as long as they would, for as long as the story as a whole wouldn't come to a conclusion.

So whether his destiny would truely be a destiny for him, or how he'd be at one time or any, wouldn't necessarily be some fixed or narrowly outlined thing per se, or any such outlines would only be to show how stuff might not merely be onesided or one way at all.

Plus I would think that for instance the art of Duncan Fegredo would be part to things, next to mr Mike's own art onto the narrative.

I think Hellboy by itself is already made up of telling images one after another, telling and captivating yet also demanding interpretation and possibly wonderment or suspense with intricacy. So in order to surmise any such to just a few of such images would seem to depend or implore on personal interpration as by reading it all for oneself. Plus for any conclusiveness stuff would likely be needing to reach conclusion pretty much.

I'd personally think Hellboy to seem more story-oriented than just about any basic popular mainstream type-of-title, due to being creator-owned, with consisting of but the stuff this one creative writer-artist would want it to be consisting of.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 06-15-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper