Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

darrencalvert

jeriflyn

lay-air

lepa2793

marcysartblog

--------------------------------------------------

contrabasse
    Last edited by juan678; 02-16-2016 at 05:39 AM.

I just saw the Deadpool movie this past weekend. Overall, it was every bit as awesome as I hoped it would be. And while Negasonic Teenage Warhead didn't have too big a role, she really shined when she had to, especially at the end. In fact, I thought she did a lot more than Colossus, who kind of came off as a dork. But I love what the movie did with her. She was a fun character to watch. I hope she shows up again in the sequel. I think she'd make a great character on X-Force.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    by Ron-faure

-------------------------------------

ookaookaooka
    Last edited by juan678; 02-23-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Ehhh, I thought NTW was the one spot of the movie that lacked charisma.
    I really was hoping I'd like her, but I felt the character was flat not nearly as engaging and dry as I was hoping. I LOVED this movie I can not stress that enough but it didn't really make the X-men in general look all that great, NTW was kinda just there and I didn't think Colossus could get any worse......I was wrong!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i was perfectly ok with negasonic portrayal in the film. and her powerset. if you remember, she was introduced when grant morrison was playing with "secondary" mutations for the cast. from jean, to beast, to emma. all of them were undergoing a bit of a a secondary mutation in a sense.

so why not consider the explosive power of negasonic in the film as the comic adaptation's secondary mutation? it's not like negasonic in the comics ever had the opportunity to put her powers on display really.
    Exactly. I have no problem with this. I suspect that, if Negasonic is brought back, these powers will be explored.

nonablog

alonerwolf

romyjones

Astonishing Member

Incoming Negasonic Teenage Warhead mini or nah?

If this is the kind of reaction she's getting with the Tumblr/Devart crowd, Marvel would be crazy not to try to capitalize.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Isn't it sad this fringe movie seems to be getting [almost] everything right, when the main x-movies have butchered the canon? I hope this movie makes billions and Singer's flops and they reconfigure the whole franchise to be more in line with the comics.
    I'm not surprised though. It's the same as lower-tier books being published by Marvel and DC. Those comics tend to have a lot more breadth for creativity than your Spider-men or Captain Americas. There's less on the line, and less reason to play it safe.

Deadpool really is the best thing to happen to Fox in terms of superhero films as it truly demonstrates that they have the capacity to make a decent product without skirting away from what makes the properties themselves. It's a shame this film didn't happen before Singer returned to the franchise (not a big fan personally) or before they made Fant4stic.

I just had another one of my crazy thoughts. Negasonic Teenage Warhead is dead in the mainline comics right now. Granted, that's never a deal-breaker, but while Marvel is not inclined to aid Fox-made movies, they're certainly inclined to leech off of their success. So why not put NTW in X-men 92? That's a series that has already introduced a few characters that weren't around when the show was still on. They did a good job of putting Cassandra Nova in that story. So why not NTW? They wouldn't have to resurrect or retcon her or anything. She could just show up in the form we grew to love in the Deadpool movie. She could be like an emo version of Jubilee. I think that would be a perfect role for her. Or am I just crazy for thinking that?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

sun-stark
    tinhanh-huynh

lucydoesart

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It wouldn't be a Fox movie without flagrant disregard for previously established characteristics(including powers). At least they finally got Colossus's look right, and even made him Russian. Baby steps...
    I dont mind it here, since the real comic book version of her only appeared in something like 6 panels and 3 of those was as a corpse. Then as a vision representing Emma's guilt and finally as zombie. It wasn't like there was that much to alter and make wrong... even though they did regarding her powers, but /shrug explosions>precog.

art by ?????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by juan678; 02-17-2016 at 03:28 PM.

aatkaw

lotolle
    Last edited by juan678; 02-17-2016 at 03:34 PM.