Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I love that they're using her. But there are so many other characters that still need to see the light of day, and there was no reason to change her powers.

Ultimate Member

I read an interview with the actress where she addressed that (she is aware of NTW's powers from the comics btw). And essentially her explanation is, they wouldn't have been of much use for the plot of this movie.

Also I read somewhere that Cannonball was originally supposed to be in this as well, but they had to cut him out. That explains some things to.

BANNED

Yeah she is basically cannonball in this from what i can see but i dont know think those powers go better with her name besides we have enough telepaths running around and she is a minor character

Then why not use a character that would work better and doesn't need to be altered in such a way? They could achieve similar effects (with females) by using Boom Boom, Armor, Sunpyre, Jubilee, Cecilia Reyes, Magma, etc etc. To me, it just reads as, "We liked her name." NGW hasn't made a single appearance anywhere near Deadpool, and barely near Colossus (which wasn't even technically her).

watch her come back from the dead with this secondary mutation some time next year.

Brianna Hidelbrand with Deadpool Poster; Deadpool Fim Poster

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    watch her come back from the dead with this secondary mutation some time next year.
    Pretty Much...who knows I assume they picked her because they liked her name...and she is such a minor character no one would call dips on her so they can use and change her without affecting plans

I'm glad she's in the movie. And I don't mind her powerset change at all. Suits her name IMO.
    I like that the X-Men get referenced in Deadpool. Hope we can see some crossover in the future (X-Force)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I'm glad she's in the movie. And I don't mind her powerset change at all. Suits her name IMO.
    I like that the X-Men get referenced in Deadpool. Hope we can see some crossover in the future (X-Force)
    Do we actually know she wouldn't have had these powers? We know she was a telepath and a precognitive, but is that all she was?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyMcDonald View Post
    Do we actually know she wouldn't have had these powers? We know she was a telepath and a precognitive, but is that all she was?
    Yeah, she was too minor and undeveloped to really claim anything. I think she was chosen because of her two main characteristic traits, the name and the teen Goth appearance, which have been translated pretty well. The "new" powerset better fits her name too, unlike telepathy which only makes sense in a really subversive way (though she wasn't even the kind to unapologetically carry out psychological warfare so... meh). Movie version doesn't really have a high bar to cross. She's golden as long as she avoids getting prematurely fridged or marginalized into obscurity.

After seeing the Deadpool trailer, I sincerely hope that Marvel brings back NTW in the comics somehow. Yeah, I know she's dead, but when has that ever stopped Marvel before?

She really stole the show. The scene with her powering up after texting? Awesome. She's one of those obscure X-men characters that really never got a shot to grow. And I think if Pixie can somehow become popular, then NTW can as well.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, she was too minor and undeveloped to really claim anything. I think she was chosen because of her two main characteristic traits, the name and the teen Goth appearance, which have been translated pretty well. The "new" powerset better fits her name too, unlike telepathy which only makes sense in a really subversive way (though she wasn't even the kind to unapologetically carry out psychological warfare so... meh). Movie version doesn't really have a high bar to cross. She's golden as long as she avoids getting prematurely fridged or marginalized into obscurity.
    And they managed to screw all that up. She looked like the last thing that should be anywhere near a fight. Big hair, big jewelry, big dress. Just some goth girl who lounges around all day, has breakfast at 4pm, sexes up a crappy industrial band member twice her age by 1am. They can't get anything Morrison right.
    Last edited by DDD; 12-27-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    And they managed to screw all that up. She looked like the last thing that should be anywhere near a fight. Big hair, big jewelry, big dress. Just some goth girl who lounges around all day, has breakfast at 4pm, sexes up a crappy industrial band member twice her age by 1am. They can't get anything Morrison right.
    Are we really looking to a Deadpool film to deliver authentic Morrison? Or even practicality for that matter.

Anyways, Morrison NTW wasn't really a character but a plot device.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    She already came back once so why not =p

Ellie_Phimister_(Earth-616)_005.jpg