Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Can't believe Brianna is only 19. Or am I getting old?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Who's that villain girl???
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who's that villain girl???
    Angel Dust. Another re-imagined character.

She's such a minor character that I only really remember her for dying on Genosha (and Emma Frost trying not to feel guilty for not liking her before the fact) and saying a few lines in Necrosha. I don't really care that she's being altered for the movie. I thought she was a weird choice when the trailer first came out but hey, if they like her name, I guess that's the only reason they really need. lol

I really Elle but what was the point of adding her to this film if they were just going to make a completely different character?

But anyways I would love to see her return in the comics. While it seems that telepathy is a very common power among the mutant universe, I do think NTW was quite unique visually and characteristic wise too. Loved how Whedon expanded the character.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 12-28-2015 at 07:43 PM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Then why not use a character that would work better and doesn't need to be altered in such a way? They could achieve similar effects (with females) by using Boom Boom, Armor, Sunpyre, Jubilee, Cecilia Reyes, Magma, etc etc. To me, it just reads as, "We liked her name." NGW hasn't made a single appearance anywhere near Deadpool, and barely near Colossus (which wasn't even technically her).
    They have to latch on to Grant Morrison's work for "cred" so they can ignore how crappy their own writing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I really Elle but what was the point of adding her to this film if they were just going to make a completely different character?

But anyways I would love to see her return in the comics. While it seems that telepathy is a very common power among the mutant universe, I do think NTW was quite unique visually and characteristic wise too. Loved how Whedon expanded the
    she was barely a character before. She was a plot point at best. Whedon didn't really expand anything, he created a fake image of her. However Emma saw her it was never the real one. No one ever got to see the real one being the one or two panels of her living before she died.

They wanted the name and image of a character that had like two panels of actual appearance, I hardly think it's a big deal they give her a new powerset. It works better for the name as others have said. And Secondary Mutations are a thing, so is not like she can't have both powers if she ever returned.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I saw a Marrow cameo!!!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

But anyways I would love to see her return in the comics. While it seems that telepathy is a very common power among the mutant universe, I do think NTW was quite unique visually and characteristic wise too. Loved how Whedon expanded the character.
    I wish Morrison had kept her alive and used her instead of the awful NuAngel.
    She had a lot of potential.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I like the NTW in the trailer and the power change for the film. With a name like Negasonic Teenage Warhead, you expect some sort of speed/combustion powers; not telepathy and precog. The latter seems so random to a character with such a name.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 12-30-2015 at 01:28 PM.

I'm not sure what to think about the changes made to her in the film.

On one hand I love the name and it fits really well into a Deadpool film and the new changed powerset fits much better with her codename. (For once Fox changes someone's powers and they actually make sense and it doesn't come off as them just changing it for the sake of changing it!) Plus I like their take on her as this apathetic teenage trainee who couldn't give a **** about fighting the bad guy and would rather tweet on her phone while the bad guy is beating up Deadpool or whatever. Besides, this is a minor character with barely a couple panels worth of appearances so it's not such a big deal.

But then on the other hand I thought that NTW's original style and design as "Just some goth girl who lounges around all day, has breakfast at 4pm, sexes up a crappy industrial band member twice her age by 1am", as DDD so eloquently put it, was really interesting and visually striking as well and I'd be disappointed if she was brought back but they changed her from that interesting design to resemble her movie counterpart who isn't nearly as visually striking or memorable/recognizable.

I don't really care if they change her powers when they bring her back since telepaths are dime a dozen in the X-Men comics but giving her Cannonball's powerset in the comics would not only serve to make him less unique but it would also necessitate her having a change in her looks because there's no way the character as she appeared before would ever be able to go blasting off into battle wearing that big hair, big jewelry and big gothic dresses. And it'd be a shame if they sacrificed her previous look in favor of her movie counterpart's look.

On top of all this Fox's obsession with always changing the characters (usually needlessly) is really baffling to me! As I said above this time it makes some sense but often times it's just nonsensical, like Kid Omega with Quill's powers, Callisto with the powers of Caliban and Quicksilver and Psylocke with whatever camouflage powers. Not to mention Kitty suddenly developing temporal psychic powers and so on and so on... How do they choose what mutants they want to feature in their movies? Do they use random word generators where one gives them the name of the character and then the other gives them the powerset of another character and then they just slap those two together or what?

But yeah, I guess you could say I'm conflicted.

The cast photo of x-men, deadpool and gambit cast from empire