Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Apparently her costume is being described as a New Mutants uniform. I wonder if they've just confirmed at least one member of the NM cast...

And I just gotta say, Hildebrant just looks adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Apparently her costume is being described as a New Mutants uniform. I wonder if they've just confirmed at least one member of the NM cast...

And I just gotta say, Hildebrant just looks adorable.
    Well, if audience ends up liking NTW (or the actress' popularity sky rockets) I'm sure she'll be elevated to the main character of the New Mutants films and those will be "Negasonic Teenage Warhead and friends" LoL

But seriously though, I'm actually afraid that it might happen. I really hope that they give us a faithful New Mutants movie with actual New Mutants (and/or Gen X) members as the main characters and not some weird mix of random characters from Whedon, Morrison, Claremont, Bendis, etc. runs.

art by monkbreath

I feel like at this point she's likely to replace Cannonball in NM (if he was ever getting a spot that is).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    I feel like at this point she's likely to replace Cannonball in NM (if he was ever getting a spot that is).
    As I understand it, it WAS going to be Cannonball in the Deadpool film until they ran across NTW.

Appreciation for those first appearances of Negasonic Teenage Warhead in New X-Men #115 and #116 - brief but impactful during Cassandra Nova's Sentinel Decimation of Genosha.

"Her name is Ellie Phimister. Her mutant name is Negasonic Teenage Warhead. She chose it herself...
    She will be a credit to her family and other species."
    - Emma Frost

and later

Actually, I wonder if they will have DEADPOOL's NTW also break the 4th Wall as Ellie seems to do in those first panels....
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-11-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    As I understand it, it WAS going to be Cannonball in the Deadpool film until they ran across NTW.
    SUCH a better choice, especially stylistically speaking...

I mean, I'm sorry to all Cannonball fans, but a blond Southern white boy would not have fit as well. Plus, all that stuff with NTW vs. "You're too much dude for me" Bad Gal and "I pity the guy who pressures her into prom sex" is funny.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I don't mind the change in powers for the character. She was such a marginal one. The only real memorable thing about her was the name. It fits well for the scenes we've seen in the trailer.
    I have such high expectations for this movie. I'm hoping it's going to be the first x-men movie i enjoy. I thought all the previous were crap and a disservice to the X-Men franchise.
    Pull list:
    "Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup."

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    SUCH a better choice, especially stylistically speaking...

I mean, I'm sorry to all Cannonball fans, but a blond Southern white boy would not have fit as well. Plus, all that stuff with NTW vs. "You're too much dude for me" Bad Gal and "I pity the guy who pressures her into prom sex" is funny.
    Oh yeah, for Deadpool this is fine and actually great but it's just sad that this will more than likely remove Cannonball now completely from the upcoming NM movie since Fox probably want to replace him with her now. And as we all know NTW was an integral part of original New Mutants, right?

I'm okay not seeing an overly-attractive CW actor play a lanky southern boy. If NTW is fun in Deadpool, I think it'll be worth it (as much as I have loved Cannonball over the years).

fukujinzuke