Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Superman / Wonder Woman Annual #2 Preview / Discussion

Superman / Wonder Woman Annual #2

Source: comicbook.com

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/25/excl...oman-annual-2/

Summary:Forged in the fires of battle, their union is one the world fears and hates—and some have tried to tear it asunder! Now witness the trials of the romance of Kal and Diana, and how it all came to be. See the first kiss and last breath of Superman and Wonder Woman in this epic tale that recounts the most dangerous love story of all.
    I really loved the preview

Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

This reinforces that Superman has been intimate with Diana before Truth and what I get from this is that he was probably going to propose to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    Superman / Wonder Woman Annual #2

Source: comicbook.com

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/25/excl...oman-annual-2/

I really loved the preview

Oh lovely preview. Such pretty art by Paquette and seems to me Clark and Diana do love each other just some DC writers trying to force conflict with Truth and JL left field stuff. Anyway can't wait for Wed.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-25-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Now THAT is a cool Atlantis.

Eh. Preview reads nice of course but I can't get too excited about a retrospective of the good times of their relationship (which in real time we barely got to see), before they close the book on them.

With the Jonathan and Martha element though, my best hope at this point is some sort of allusion to the Kents going through a rough patch of their own to give hope that maybe they'll reunite in the future.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-25-2015 at 12:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This reinforces that Superman has been intimate with Diana before Truth and what I get from this is that he was probably going to propose to her.
    That was the impression I got too! Hopefully that's the case, because if it is then I doubt that this Truth stuff will actually be the end.

My fear though is that this will create another reason though that he doesn't go through with it. Beyond the nonsensical "I don't know if I love you anymore because you used the lasso to free my friends. derp" thing. Like Clark finds out Diana isn't as in love as she says she is or something like that to fit with Johns' out of nowhere characterization.

I know I'm being pretty pessimistic, but I think I've been given reason to be at this point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

With the Jonathan and Martha element though, my best hope at this point is some sort of allusion to the Kents going through a rough patch of their own to give hope that maybe they'll reunite in the future.
    I had the exact same opinion