Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think they will end the relationship any time soon because 1. sales for SM/WW are still better than several other DC books, no reason for DC to end the title. 2. They already have a Superman dating Lois book to please those fans. There is no point in it.

I honestly think SM/WW shippers will be fine. Just enjoy the flashbacks and wait for this all to end in March.
    This comic sold a much worse, than the comics about Superman and comic about Wonder Woman in the New 52. In solo comics, which does not show the couple have better sales, than this comic. Judging by the fact that Wonder Woman / Steve Trevor were often shown in the five comics, and they returned Clois, DC planed to destroy sm / ww.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Exactly. Most fans who read this book and support the couple can smell rewrites and 180 turning of SM and WW in an arc that started off well and just seem to get a little bizarre with the way the Clark acting out of character.
    I'm not so sure that this is an instance of course correction. Considering we had that preview page on FCBD, well before Truth, which included Superman's dismissal of his love for Wonder Woman, it seems reasonable to assume that testing Clark/Diana and splitting them up for an indeterminate amount of time were planned and deliberately executed.

From I love you to you won't lose me to him being all self righteous, the oh you don't use the lasso , oh you didn't listen to me, I don't love you...oh please. Clark worked with this woman for 5 years. He knows her as a comrade in arms and now as a lover. He has to know Diana would never stay away from helping those she loves. He's seen her use the lasso, he knows what it does, he had it used on himself, he let her use it on Parasite...him getting mad at that was so forced. And SHE saved his friends more than he did. Clark and Diana been through a lot on Soule's arc and Circe/Magog arc...both should know by now the other does not stay away when in trouble....they help each other...they are stronger together. Tomasi just went backwards instead of forwards. The fans won't buy this forced drama.Plus it has been confirmed there was rewrites by Keith Champagne whose part in thos annual is not being used anymore. He said DC decided they won't use his story because DC did not want to go in a certain direction anymore...whatever that means. It's like Truth had to grasp something out the air to make them "break up".
    DC has been writing "forced" drama between its Superman characters for years...forever really. It doesn't just affect SM/WW. They have Lana be mad at Clark for not saving her parents in Doomed or have Lois be a corporate sell-out to create "drama." This is par for the course. Yet, even as a non-supporter of SM/WW, I am annoyed at the way that this story has been handled. I don't appreciate seeing the same poor writing, characterization, and storytelling happening again and again, and I especially hate it when it tarnishes the Superman mythos -- its protagonist, its world building, and its supporting characters -- as a result. As for the rewrites, they could be anything.

I think Tomasi needed to show that Wrath was tainting Clark's pov, combined with his worry for Diana and can't be bearing the thought she could die because of her constant protecting him...but then he has to accept as does she...it's part of what they do...as friends, allies and even now more so as lovers as well as knowing at times the other can hold their own end. So basically finding a balance. Clark needs to apologise. Not Diana. But then Clark in my mind wouldn't have been so uptight nor judgemental or callous.
    Clark only making amends after he gets his powers back won't look that great to me, but I suppose that's all there's left to do. It would be more meaningful for him to be able to accept Diana's help and show contrition while still in his weakened state. Only seeking reconciliation when the trouble's past makes him appear fickle. Maybe this can still be avoided, I don't know. Also, what he did is going to take more than just an apology. After he shows remorse, he'd have to spend awhile earning back trust. How can Diana, or more accurately, we as readers, trust his words anymore, if he can declare and un-declare his love on a whim, or go from being ready to promise to be with her through good times and bad -- as wedding vows go -- yet, as soon as things get bad, he not only refuses to work with Diana as a team but also hurts her in the process?

Hope DC realise that SM/WW has an audience that actually buys and their marketing of the couple for 2015 has been the pits. Seems to me they listen too much to people who are negative on the net than the audience that supports the couple. Now with the poor reception of Convergence elements brought into canon and so so sales of DCYOU maybe they will listen. New 52 just needed building on organically and that included this book/relationship.
    SM/WW, as a comic, has always sold likely from a combination of hardcore shippers, fans of the individual characters, and New 52 fans. It rode the wave of the New 52's early days, is in continuity, and is an ongoing that doesn't easily encourage waiting for trade collectors. Convergence was, and still is, more or less an alternate universe with older, settled characters exiled from their traditional and beloved milieu. It's an apples to oranges comparison that doesn't really work.

As time passes, SM/WW loses more and more readers (10K+ just this year) who aren't hardcore or loyal shippers. It can be that people just get bored of romances after awhile regardless of who the couple is. Disturbing the status quo that makes those couples appealing by ripping away elements of their myth -- from their powers, to their jobs, to their worlds -- can cause people to walk away as well. World of New Krypton and Grounded weren't beneficial to Superman or his current romantic relationship either, for instance. What DC needs to do is overhaul its Superman offices so that they start treating real women who work for them, and their female characters, with the respect that they deserve. They also need people who are less interested in crossovers, events, gimmicks, and deconstruction.
    Last edited by misslane; 12-26-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Like the preview but it's showing how this book suppose to be. Kind of a slap in the face. Aquaman/Mera and SMWW double date team up?! Seriously, would've liked to read that than be tortured by this terrible crossover. In general, this "drama" across the board is forced and badly executed. No way around Clark's unnecesary tantrum. Though, I'm still curious with this given the teaser from a few weeks ago.

It'll depend how the issue ends. If they end it with a sense of hope, a clear sense that their story together is not done, then whether they officially break up or not I'll still be on board. Stories about them slowly reconnecting actually might be better than what we've gotten so far, to be honest. But if I read it and get the feeling they're definitively closing the door on things, having them act out of character to get there, to go back to more blasé and familiar pastures, and/or being forced to follow the decree of Johns because only his stories matter, then I'll probably be done.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-26-2015 at 05:35 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Really great preview. I don't understand why people need proof that they've been intimate. They're a modern young couple so I think we can assume they have a regular sex life (well regular for two god-beings). Neither of them wear purity rings or have ever stated that they're abstinent. But if anyone seriously needs proof there it was in the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    If they had been intimate before Truth, this means Bruce has a SM/WW sextape somewhere.

Creep.
    Alfred: "Master Bruce I've brought you some tea and OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?

Batman: "damnit Alfred, knock before entering!!!"
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-26-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

With the Jonathan and Martha element though, my best hope at this point is some sort of allusion to the Kents going through a rough patch of their own to give hope that maybe they'll reunite in the future.
    I had the exact same opinion

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    If I were Diana, Clark would have to do some serious work apologizing and repairing the relationship before I'd even consider giving it another go. I suppose Clark would think his actions were justified; he was right to be angry with her for disobeying him and rescuing his friends using her lasso, and he was right to react by telling her he wasn't certain about his feelings for her anymore. However, I think he crossed a line. It was a big test for their relationship, and he did not handle it well. He doesn't seem like a guy who should be in any relationship at the moment. He has a lot to adjust to and a lot to clean up before I can see him, and those he's hurt along the way, reconcile.
    If Clark is the advanced species that he is often made out to be - he would never expect an equal to "obey" him in the first place - and I agree with you - powers or not - Clark was portrayed as a jerk and has some serious groveling to do

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superwoman View Post
    This comic sold a much worse, than the comics about Superman and comic about Wonder Woman in the New 52. In solo comics, which does not show the couple have better sales, than this comic. Judging by the fact that Wonder Woman / Steve Trevor were often shown in the five comics, and they returned Clois, DC planed to destroy sm / ww.
    Which book are you referring to? Please post links to justify your observations - Thanks

I think we can all agree that Clark acted like an ass and that he'll need to do quite a bit of apologizing before they get back together, but what I'm interested in is what (if any) fallout will there be from Diana's recent actions in Justice League. It definitely depends on when Darkseid War takes place, but even if it takes place after their breakup she seemed remarkably callous/dismissive of their relationship. If people want to see Clark's OOC doucheyness addressed does everyone also want Diana nearly kissing Steve to be mentioned? Or since it happened in another book that seems to be ignoring continuity would most people rather just forget it?

I'm hoping its just not acknowledged at all. Her words in JL sync with absolutely nothing she's done in 3 years of stories everywhere else, so Johns obviously isn't paying attention to anything else in this arc. The only way this would make any sense would be if Darkseid War occurred after they shared a kiss but before they got serious. But that would end up having to make everything from Trinity War to Forever Evil having to have happened before the SM/WW title even started. So its either that, or we're just not meant to put a timetable on things per the looser continuity mantra, which is too loose for my liking but could be the case. Either way though, the end result becomes that situation being rather irrelevant to this title and its stories.

(BTW, I'm getting a really funny feeling now that Johns is doing this in Darkseid War in the first place because Steve is going to die, but we'll see).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-26-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The only way this would make any sense would be if Darkseid War occurred after they shared a kiss but before they got serious. But that would end up having to make everything from Trinity War to Forever Evil having to have happened before the SM/WW title even started.
    The funny thing is I don't even think it'd make sense then. Even if you only count everything that's happened in the pages of Justice League does anyone think Diana would be able to honestly describe her and Clark as "just friends"?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

(BTW, I'm getting a really funny feeling now that Johns is doing this in Darkseid War in the first place because Steve is going to die, but we'll see).
    Apparently, it's the only way to make him move on.

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    I think we can all agree that Clark acted like an ass and that he'll need to do quite a bit of apologizing before they get back together, but what I'm interested in is what (if any) fallout will there be from Diana's recent actions in Justice League. It definitely depends on when Darkseid War takes place, but even if it takes place after their breakup she seemed remarkably callous/dismissive of their relationship. If people want to see Clark's OOC doucheyness addressed does everyone also want Diana nearly kissing Steve to be mentioned? Or since it happened in another book that seems to be ignoring continuity would most people rather just forget it?
    I will ignore Johns. It seems mighty unfair to let him dictate the whole feel of a story in a few left field panels when the superman/wonder woman book which has been going on for 2 years contradicts his Diana's behaviour. She's been nothing but supportive and even in Soule's early arc while she was searching her feelings...she came back very certain...with the "He is mine" etc. And in Tomasi's it's clear Diana loves him. Both writers' run she's interacted with Steve and if anything looks like Steve is the one who can't let go. Not Diana. Diana is one thing I know character wise and that is very honest. I don't see her as the kind of amazon just getting into something with a man to get over another man. Nor lying to to one...telling him she loves him...calling him her love...while telling her ex...they were never in love. If this is just before or after Truth...Johns is just trying to play love triangles to prop Steve at Diana's expense imo. Because it sure ain't necessary to the story in JL nor SM/WW bk.

Johns' near kiss Steve scene look to me to fit perfectly shortly after the SM/WW first kiss. She and Clark are not in love but certainly not just friends. Anything just before Truth or after is him ignoring SM/WW to fit his story, which wants to imo prop Steve a bit. I guess we will see how he portrays his corrupted Supemman (again...Johns is a one trick pony with SM in JL these days) and confused Diana next issue.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-27-2015 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    The funny thing is I don't even think it'd make sense then. Even if you only count everything that's happened in the pages of Justice League does anyone think Diana would be able to honestly describe her and Clark as "just friends"?
    LOL. That is Johns for you. He and Rucka did a similar thing in Blackest Night. Gail Simone was never asked and she was as baffled as anyone when Diana who was dating Tom in her WW run suddenly in their story was crushing like a love sick teenager for Bats. It's a bit unfair to the actual SM or WW books because JL is the big seller and in a way he can undermine the other books with just a toss away scene here and there. His wanting to bring Steve into the story comes at SMWW expense. He can very well write Steve well as a character contributing something to the story but interestingly Steve isn't doing much. Steve's part is all centered around Diana being confused over two men. Fact is we look back, that is all Steve's being used as. The sad love sick ex who can't move on.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-27-2015 at 03:47 AM.

The preview looks great, but I find myself unable to get too excited about it in wake of the events of Justice League #46. If this issue basically acts as a breakup issue, then that would be a cruel way of ending this series. If it's just a glimpse back in the past for their relationship, then I'm okay with that. I'm all for anything that adds depth to the relationship. But for the moment, I'm more anxious than excited about the future of Superman/Wonder Woman.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.