Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    I like it a lot better without annoying boyfriend. Hope that stays contained to that other book so I can continue to enjoy this as much as I did the 3rd issue.

It does have a bit to much telling over showing but the showing is so good with the best art of any X-book now.

It got better in that she just stopped talking. She has not been so mute since she was selling it on the street.
    Yeah, she's dating young Angel now, right? Since that seems to have started in All-New X-Men where she was written out of character, it irks me that it continues into the new ongoing.

Thanks to healed1337, I managed to read #1. I think I'll need to read more, because I'm not positive she syncs up with the past depictions of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Thanks to healed1337, I managed to read #1. I think I'll need to read more, because I'm not positive she syncs up with the past depictions of the character.
    Yeah, she was still a little off in some bits in #1. Like when she gives her speech about 'do you think I'm afraid of public affection' or whatever. I also didn't think that her remark about 'sudden doom' to Angel sounded very much like her. Granted, it may not be -as bad- as Bendis, but it's still jarring especially if you've read K&Y or Liu Laura recently. Probably also Gage Laura. But, as one of the biggest nitpickers on Laura's characterization, I can honestly say that her portrayal is better in issues #2 and #3. She's still chattier than she was in the past but it's more in a way that actually sounds like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Yeah, she was still a little off in some bits in #1. Like when she gives her speech about 'do you think I'm afraid of public affection' or whatever. I also didn't think that her remark about 'sudden doom' to Angel sounded very much like her. Granted, it may not be -as bad- as Bendis, but it's still jarring especially if you've read K&Y or Liu Laura recently. Probably also Gage Laura. But, as one of the biggest nitpickers on Laura's characterization, I can honestly say that her portrayal is better in issues #2 and #3. She's still chattier than she was in the past but it's more in a way that actually sounds like her.
    I picked up #2 recently and yeah, it was a little bit better. Recently I read every major X-23 appearance, so I guess I'm a bit more sensitive to how X-23 acts than I might be if I'd only read the older issues years ago, because to me it was only several days ago I was reading K&Y's Laura or Liu's.

Don't read Hopeless's All New X-Men, then. Your head will explode. I know mine did. ;(

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Don't read Hopeless's All New X-Men, then. Your head will explode. I know mine did. ;(
    I can't believe I'm saying it but two issues in and Hopeless is actually making me MISS Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying it but two issues in and Hopeless is actually making me MISS Bendis.
    Why? What's going on with that comic?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Why? What's going on with that comic?
    Warren is pathetic, clingy, and useless, and all Laura has done is snarl about not needing help and let herself get lit on fire because "I'm Wolverine! I'm scary!"

Granted, Warren was pathetic, clingy, and useless in the first issue of ANW, too, but Taylor at least made it actually kind of cute and endearing.

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with Teen Angel being clingy and pathetic. I really want him and Laura to break up.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with Teen Angel being clingy and pathetic. I really want him and Laura to break up.
    I would like that to happen, too.