Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Default How is All-New Wolverine?

My budget is limited, so I can't always get what I want (isn't that how it always is?), so I haven't had the opportunity to read the book myself. I just wanted to hear the board's opinion on the book. Is it any good, does it stay true to the character, etc.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It stays,very true to the character. Art is excellent. David Lopez knows action scenes Tom Taylor nails Laura. The right kinda of attitude. If you like X23 even a little try this book.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    It stays,very true to the character. Art is excellent. David Lopez knows action scenes Tom Taylor nails Laura. The right kinda of attitude. If you like X23 even a little try this book.
    Thank you for sharing that

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Normally I would a post a text myself but berserkerclaw nailed it in his.
    I know there was some scepticism among people including Laura fans when it was announced but all of that was blown away when the first issue arrived. If you buy it there will be no question anymore if it's good or not. That you can believe me.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I hadn't planned on picking up this series but found the first issue's preview intriguing enough to give it a try and really enjoyed it. I liked Taylor's take on Laura and plan to continue to buy it.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

I am really glad to be starting Laura's new solo at the right time. And I agree with Berserk. ANW is the Superior Laura story at the moment.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Thanks for all the input

Been reading some All-New X-Men (the previous volume) and is it just me or does X-23 not act like how she's normally been depicted?

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Been reading some All-New X-Men (the previous volume) and is it just me or does X-23 not act like how she's normally been depicted?
    No, it's not just you. That's a common complaint about Bendis' run. Fortunately, Taylor is doing a much better job.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

My budget is limited, so I can't always get what I want (isn't that how it always is?), so I haven't had the opportunity to read the book myself. I just wanted to hear the board's opinion on the book. Is it any good, does it stay true to the character, etc.
    I bought a few extra variants for the first issue. If you want, I could PM you one of my spare digital copy codes.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    No, it's not just you. That's a common complaint about Bendis' run. Fortunately, Taylor is doing a much better job.
    Ok good, that's a relief. I was worried that since this is the last depiction of her before Secret Wars, that this is what Taylor would base his idea of Laura on. It felt really weird seeing her act completely out of character. I mean, seeing her open up is a nice thought, but she was reaaaaally talkative. And just different. Normally I like Bendis' writing, but since I read most of X-23's major appearances in two days it's more obvious.

I guess I can also blame him for making Teen Jean so unlikeable?
    Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    I bought a few extra variants for the first issue. If you want, I could PM you one of my spare digital copy codes.
    I would really love that! Thanks

So far so good. I'm enjoying it.

I won't lie. For a second I was thinking "When did I post this?" but then I noticed the username

Anyway it's as klynn said. The issue continued throughout the entire run. It honestly got a bit better starting with the Ultimate Universe arc but it was never completely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So far so good. I'm enjoying it.
    And you can't seem to decide if you want to represent Old Man Logan or Cable
    You speak the truth though
    "This is me being reasonable"

I like them both. Wolverine and Cable are my two favorite X-men, and OML almost feels like a mash-up of the two.

Look forward to one or both of them running into Laura at some point. Would be cool to see her interact with OML over in EXM or in ANXM, and could be cool to have her guest-star in UA with Cable, Rogue, Deadpool, etc.

I like it a lot better without annoying boyfriend. Hope that stays contained to that other book so I can continue to enjoy this as much as I did the 3rd issue.

It does have a bit to much telling over showing but the showing is so good with the best art of any X-book now.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Anyway it's as klynn said. The issue continued throughout the entire run. It honestly got a bit better starting with the Ultimate Universe arc but it was never completely right.
    It got better in that she just stopped talking. She has not been so mute since she was selling it on the street.
    Last edited by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1; 12-31-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    Game Over man! Game Over!