Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Does anyone know if there has been a story where DC characters becoming aware that they are in a comic book is a central theme?

It happened in Morrison's "Animal Man." He then went and visited Morrison and they had a little chin-wag.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'd actually want to take over the Earth One titles. See if I can revive them. That, or the Earth 1985 line.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Hawkman & hawkwomen: starcrossed.

Black label prestige graphic novel.

1955. Archaeologist Carter hall, unearths something in Egypt that set off a long dormant alarm on the planet thanagar. Sending their greatest peacekeeping agent, the lovely but deadly hawkwomen.

It's the same old story. Archaeologist meets interplanetary police officer.....

Extraordinary Member

When I first posted in this thread the Nu52 was still a thing. I completely forgot about my idea for Superman to mentor Linda Danvers. That might be something that's harder to pull off in the current continuity.

Have one for WW I've worked on and off over the years.

Not so much a story but an idea I had for a revamp of WW would be that Amazon tribe of the Bana-Mighdall weren't the only other tribe of Amazons to depart from the main one in Themyscira and that there's a variety of tribes spread throughout the world who have various other pantheons as their patrons (Egyptian, Roman, Norse, Mayan, even the New Gods possibly). It become's a part of Diana's mission to re-unite the various tribes and an idea I had was to use to incorporate a variety of Amazons characters who have appeared throughout DC history into these tribes as main continuity versions of them. Like how Snyder in Court of the Owls made a main universe version of Owlman, a Power Woman would come from a tribe that take the Roman Gods as their patrons.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I've been working on a Superman fan fiction about a member of the Krpytonian governing council who believes Jor-El and follows Kal to Earth. It would follow his adventures on Earth as he encounters various people in the DCU.
    Assassinate Putin!

Boisterously Confused

I have occasionally toyed with a sort of Native American DC analog of Marvel's Black Panther. The character would be from an unknown nation that sealed itself off from our reality in a tangential dimension in the Canadian Rockies. His society built a very sophisticated mystical/psionic technology, more advanced than us in some respects, and less so in others. He's basically a Jedi with a coup staff rather than a light saber, and an owl for a spirit guide.

The character's reason for coming among us is to retrieve a sacred artifact stolen from his people. But he can never return home because exposure to the outside world has tainted him.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have one for the Legion. It would be the classic Legion and not the Bendis abomination.

It has been a quite few years in the 31st century. The major threats have been pretty quite or looked up and the Legion has paired down to a much smaller force with other members attending to their personal lives or their own planets. Out on the edge of UP space the mysterious Dark Circle cult is about to put into effect a plan they have been working on for centuries. Freeing their god from his imprisonment. It has taken them many years to collect the materials and plans to open their lords prison ..... the Phantom Zone. They succeed in opening the zone but can not control the opening and instead of just letting their god out the rupture the zone completely letting out terrors that have been locked in the PZ for thousands of years. All hell breaks loose. The kryptonians that were locked in the zone or the least of the threats because after all the centuries being locked away they only are about 1/4 as powerful as say Superman. Criminals from countless worlds not just Krypton are set free on the universe. The last to emerge from the rupture is the lord of the Dark Circle himself ..... Eclipso. More powerful than ever. So powerful that the only way they heroes of the 21st century could contain him was by exiling him to the phantom zone. Eclipso would be so powerful he would even scare the likes of Mordru, and he would have an entire army of Dark Circle fanatics as his army. The galaxy erupts in total chaos as the Legion scrambles to reorganize and contain the damage.

(I always wanted to see someone like Eclipso in the Legions time so we could really see the character cut loose. He is the former wraith of god but because of not ebing able to let him cut loose in modern times we have never really seen just how evil and chaotic he can be)

I'd do James Jesse (Silver/Bronze Age Trickster) as an earth-bound ghost. As yet neither admitted to Heaven nor condemned to Hell, he's on probation: He must prove that the good in him outweighs the evil. The catch is, he can't fool God. He must do good while being true to himself as a con artist.

His supporting cast would include his former lover, Mindy Hong and their son Billy, the Majee (if that's the correct term). Rory (Ragman) Regan will also play an important part; James wants to keep out of Rory's Cloak of Souls, but he's painfully aware that the Cloak may be his last refuge from Hell. Oh yes: Blue Devil may show up sometime.

AFAIK, villains' religious beliefs haven't been much discussed; but considering James Jesse's real name--Giovanni Giuseppe--and his circus background, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been baptized Roman Catholic--whether or not he actually practices that religion (or any other).
    Last edited by Anodyne; 05-07-2020 at 05:50 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Had a story idea for a Wonder Woman/Green Lantern (Hal) crossover akin to the Batman/Wonder Woman crossover mini-series Liam Sharp did. A god on another planet in Hal's sector gets murdered that might lead to a war on the planet between the other deities and it's mortal inhabitants. So Hal brings in Diana to act the role of peacemaker and his partner in helping solve the case. Haven't fully developed it but I was mainly interested in it as a way to explore Diana and Hal's relationship since I don't recall it getting much focus despite the two being prominent League members.