Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'd probably do a chapter set in one of the worlds of Multiversity with either the Just or the pulp Justice Society

Well, I have ideas and concepts for just about everything under the sun; established big name DC characters, Z-listers I would like to play with (I have a Wild Dog reboot in my head I cannot shake loose no matter how hard I try, heavily influenced by Garth Ennis and Neil Gaiman) and tons of original characters, though I'd be very unlikely to offer them to DC, for obvious reasons.

But the one I would pitch is Superman.

I have so many ideas for Superman I could write him for the rest of my life, and never run out of material.

But I think if I could only pitch a single story (and not an entire creative run) it would have to be Superman: Wednesday. What do feral Tamaraneans genetically bonded to sun-eaters, a white martian bounty hunter named M'uss Mr'drr, a civil war in the 5th dimension, a poor high school in Suicide Slum and a cryptic warning from B-list villain Chronos all have in common? You'd have to read it to find out!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The Irreplaceable Air-Wave

Someday, someday.

Green Lantern and Superman, I at least have a few good stories in me.

BANNED

I'd pitch a Supergirl book and do a real 180 of the character, putting my own stamp on the character. First I would create a fictional city within Metropolis called Neon District. If Burnside is the Brooklyn of Gotham, then Neon District will be the Las Vegas of Metropolis. Kara would be twenty-three years old, she works as a bouncer for a nightclub. I would find a way to merge the hot-head personality with the nice girl personality. The tone of the book would be similar to Fraction's Hawkeye. Changes would be made to her costume and her overall look. Her costume would resemble the DCAU look with minor tweaks. White shirt, black superman logo, red skirt, black stockings and sneakers. The only thing I would change about her appearance is making her hair shorter with spikes, something like the ultimate version of Dazzler.

Overall, it would be a fun book that isn't afraid to go dark every once in a while. Unlike Superman, the Supergirl I would write would not be afraid to go all out on her villains if she had to, she would also use intimidation tactics on villains, similar to golden age Superman. But I'd put a humorous spin on it. Baddies would include Reactron, Livewire, Silver Banshee, Bizarrogirl, Psi & Blackrock. Maxima would be her roommate, she's new to earth. So Kara would be helping her adjust to this new planet, I want to also give her a purpose other than wanting to find the perfect mate. And yes, Streaky will be a talking cat. Don't hurt me.
    Last edited by Starchild; 12-26-2015 at 10:13 PM.

I've got like four or five Shayera Thal Hawkwoman stories that I'd love to tell with her working in Midway City, starting with a reboot and establishing her on her own before connecting her to Hawkman much later on. I've got an origin in mind that honors both the Egyptian reincarnation and alien police officer origins, but simplifies both into one cohesive origin that (I think) people would find satisfactory.

Lots of fun supporting characters in mind for her too, including Kate Spencer/Manhunter and a Young Justice-esque Artemis Crock/Arrowette.

Also have ideas to update some classic Hawkman villains to pit against her. Basically I've put way too much thought into this glorified pipe dream. Even have the first two issues outlined .-.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I have ideas and concepts for just about everything under the sun; established big name DC characters, Z-listers I would like to play with (I have a Wild Dog reboot in my head I cannot shake loose no matter how hard I try, heavily influenced by Garth Ennis and Neil Gaiman) and tons of original characters, though I'd be very unlikely to offer them to DC, for obvious reasons.

I do want to hear more about a Wild Dog reboot that is heavily influenced by Ennis and Gaiman. Sounds a little meta.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I've got like four or five Shayera Thal Hawkwoman stories that I'd love to tell with her working in Midway City, starting with a reboot and establishing her on her own before connecting her to Hawkman much later on. I've got an origin in mind that honors both the Egyptian reincarnation and alien police officer origins, but simplifies both into one cohesive origin that (I think) people would find satisfactory.

Lots of fun supporting characters in mind for her too, including Kate Spencer/Manhunter and a Young Justice-esque Artemis Crock/Arrowette.

Also have ideas to update some classic Hawkman villains to pit against her. Basically I've put way too much thought into this glorified pipe dream. Even have the first two issues outlined .-.
    You sound tantalizingly close to a script. If you get around to it, let us know!

Invincible Member

My idea would be a different origin for The Justice League that has nothing to with aliens, alien invasions, or Darkseid. It would mostly involve the Secret Society of Supervillains. It would also touch on Argus/Checkmate and urban legends about the masons/illuminati type conspiracies. The other point of the story be to really play up the different mythos of the DC universe and contrast them. Really show how Star City is different from Metropolis which is different from Central City which is different from Gotham.

I'd do an (or more than one) old-school style Justice Society story. One story, but multiple member chapters and different artists. The gimmick is that this isn't a series, but a string of one-shots featured as either 100 pagers or original trade "Graphic Novels". Also the stories wouldn't need to connect, so one story could be in the 40s or early 50s, another in the 80s, and even another in present day. In a way, the old All-Star Comics were the events of the 40s where multiple heroes would come together for a usually major need. Single stories.

Star Hunters - reestructuring DC's cosmic landscape. It'd work better in the pre-flashpoint DCU (larger and better defined history to draw from), however, given some time and patience, I'd probably be able to make it work in the New 52DCU.

The New Spartans - a take on the original young adults Titans, though I'd have to see how Titans Hunt turnas out to work around that.

Peace

BANNED

A Justice Society story set in the present day on Earth 1 that would be spun off into an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post

You have my attention.....if you were able to condense and combine the two origins in a way that is streamlined and makes sense, that in and of itself would be a feat worth publication; even Johns ultimately failed to pull that off (in my opinion, though Im not knocking his Hawkman reboot at all). I'd be very interested in hearing what you have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    I do want to hear more about a Wild Dog reboot that is heavily influenced by Ennis and Gaiman. Sounds a little meta.
    Well, the idea sort of sprung from me asking myself "what if there were a hero out there who is actually really bad at being a hero?" And the idea went to some really weird places from there. The concept actually predates my knowledge of Wild Dog but when I learned of the character he just sort of fell into the protagonist's role like he was made for it.

If Hitman was really terrible at his job, and hallucinated conversations with Endless type beings who he believed were manifestations of the Source, and you were never sure if he were just bat-sh*t insane, actually tapped into something cosmic, or both.....you'd have a general idea of what I'd do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I have a ton of mostly minor ideas for DC revamps and runs. Some fun ones I've thought of include a revamp of Gangbuster that plays very closely to what We Are Robin ended up being and a JSA series that begins with an arc pitting them against Stardust the Super Wizard.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'd write a few Deathstroke arcs. I'd make him the threat he should be focusing almost entirely on his intelligence. Honestly, writers usually focus on his physical enhancements but they forget Wolfman and Perez made him such a threat by given him extreme tactical intelligence. I'd write that Slade actually uses this enhanced intellect a lot by revealing he can consciously decide how much power he uses, that he has perfect photographic memory and abnormal deductional skills. I'd reveal that he has spent years perfecting his skills by memorizing everything he could use. For example, imagine Slade being ambushed by two dudes with guns. Slade could do stuff like immediately analysing their guns (including data like the speed of the bullets, amount of bullets, time needed to spent all those bullets, average load time etc.) and immediately know what to do to counter, he could know the location of his targets without seeing them by hearing their movements, he can perfectly determine the distance between them and know exactly how long it takes for himself to get close enough etc. Imagine just how dangerous a man like that could be? I'd love to write Slade for a couple of arcs to really show off how good the concept can be and how he could easily hold his own against seemingly superior foes.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

I would try to find a niche for some of the Wildstorm concepts and characters.

My first would be "Stormwatch" or the "Authority" in the way of Remender's Uncanny X-force. It would be "Stormwatch vs. the Multiverse!"

My inspiration would be X-Force, Morrison's Multiversity and JLA. The tagline would be something like "Infinite worlds, infinite threads".

It would show "Stormwatch" and its members as the ones, who defend Earth-0 from every thread from the multiverse. These threads could be catastrophes or conquerers. In this quest the members of the team would have to decide in some very heavy questions. "Is it okey to destroy a "evil" universe to save Earth-0" should only be the start.

The members of the team would be more grey area characters and ,not unlike "Uncanny X-Force", they should reflect and change through their actions. The concept of the Multiverse could provide infinite possibilities for characters and ideas, while the tone of the book would be big and bombastic.