Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I would bring Alex Ross Vulcan/Shazam project to fruition, because it would have been awesome.

The story would be a young boy named Tyler, who constantly kept getting picked on for being too nice. After constantly being berated and attacked for his niceness, he finally starts to wonder if he should conform to society wishes and become a douchebag. During that time frame, one of the bullies that kept taking his lunch money is crying. Tyler tries to ask what's wrong and the bully says his little sister is stuck in the house filled with flames. Tyler rushes into the burning building , fire everywhere, and he's constantly getting burned. He see's the girl hiding in the corner and through sheer determination helps her escape, once he's outside the building, the ambulance and the fire truck shows up, and he collapses.

He wakes up in the hospital, and there is the wizard telling him how his purity of heart has been seen, and for that he has been chosen to also take up the mantle and defend the world as Vulcan.

I'd revive Ryuku Orsono (Bushido) as a member of a group of Japanese warriors who fight demons with a combination of magic and martial arts. Think the Shinigami from Bleach or the Makai Knights from Garo.

I'd do a book centering on a group of girls being mentored by Wonder Woman revolving around Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, Grace Choi and others.

I'd do a book revolving around Anita Fite and her mother and father. Anita would be a sorceress as opposed to voodoo practitioner. The book would also feature some characters from African folklore.

I'd also add a female Aztex who's a decendant of Grant Morrison's character.

a book revolving around some teens that had been kidnapped by the Reach and given super powers. These would include the super friends homages and some original characters like a Native America telekinetic girl named Aubrey Horton.

A team of magic heroes known as the Avalon Group.

Raven/Rachel Roth: Knowledge of demons and dark magic. Team leader

Traci 13: Second in command. Expert on magic history and knowledge of ancient languages.

Jinx: Former member of the Hive Five on the run from dark forces. She throws in her lot with the Avalon group in exchange for her services.

Tim Hunter: A British 'tech magician' who combines science with sorcery.

Anita Fite: Teleporter and vodou practitioner.

Zatanna Zatara: The team's sponsor and guide
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-29-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

A team of magic heroes known as the Avalon Group.

Raven/Rachel Roth: Knowledge of demons and dark magic. Team leader

Traci 13: Second in command. Expert on magic history and knowledge of ancient languages.

Jinx: Former member of the Hive Five on the run from dark forces. She throws in her lot with the Avalon group in exchange for her services.

Tim Hunter: A British 'tech magician' who combines science with sorcery.

Anita Fite: Teleporter and vodou practitioner.

Zatanna Zatara: The team's sponsor and guide
    I had a similar idea, awhile back, with most of the same members.

My team would be Zatanna, Madame Xandau, Enchantress, Jinx, Raven. I'd call the book "Witches Familiar" or something.

The could fight people like Phobia, Tala, Morgan La Fey, Sheeda and others from the magical realm.

I'd also do a Raven and Pandora series. Raven can sense emotions, as an empath, and Pandora can see the 7 deadly sins in people. It would be a mostly street level detective book (DC-Detective Comics) of Raven and Pandora working together to solve crimes and mysteries.

Lastly I'd do a book in the same vein as Birds of Prey. It would have character's with the bird and bat motif going for them. Characters like Raven, Black Canary, Hawk & Dove(Holly and Dawn), Hawkgirl (Kendra), a female Robin, and either one of the Batgirls or Batwoman on the team. I'd call it "Birds of a Feather".

BANNED

This is a pitch that I actually have written down. I wrote it in my freshman year of high school, I have updated it since then: It's called Gallant Green Arrow. Yes, I am taking a page from the adjective company.

What if your favorite 70's/80's punk rocker was a billionaire vigilante? I feel like we don't get enough of Oliver Queen. Out of all the superheroes out there with wealth. I feel like he's one of the few who would embrace it and enjoy it. In my series, Ollie would actually be the playboy that Wayne pretends to be. He would have that celebrity rock star feel to him.

There would also be a lot of focus on his archery skills. Archery is such a complex thing, there are so many techniques when it comes to archery. Let's see what Queen is really capable of. His martial arts skills and his proficiency with other weapons will definitely be touched on. As well as his role as the leader of the Arrow Clan. How do you juggle being a CEO and the leader of an ancient group? No worries, when Queen is doing weapon clan stuff or recovering from last night's party, Emiko is making sure Queen Inc stays in up to par.

Supporting cast: Eddie Fyers- He would be a former CIA operative. He would be the Diggle of this book.

Detective Andrew Lopez- He would frequently work with GA.

Emiko Queen/Speedy- GA's apprentice and also his half sister.

Dodger- GA's tech expert. Designs all his gear.

Shado- 2nd in command of the Arrow Clan, when GA is not around.

Villains: Count Vertigo- Green Arrow's arch nemesis right? Their rivalry needs to be personal. He would be the reason why GA was stuck on the island in the first place.

Brick- Owner of the most popular nightclub in Seattle called The Brickhouse. He claims to have gone legit, but GA knows he's full of it. He often goes to Brick when he needs and intel on the criminal underworld. Has a passion for swords, chess, opera & martial arts.

Constantine Drakon- Brick's enforcer with peak human-level speed. Near-superman.

Merlyn- He wants to take control of the Arrow Clan.

Red Dart- She's like Green Arrow but with darts. Mercenary for hire.

Bulls-Eye Brigade- Back when GA was a Batman ripoff, he had a clown themed villain named Bulls-Eye. I'm going to flip around a little bit. The Bulls-Eye Brigade will be a group of adrenaline junkies who like to cause chaos for the hell of it. They are also highly skilled in archery.

Rainbow Archer- An archer with a color gimmick. The colors will usually serve as clues.

Big Game- A highly skilled hunter who considers Green Arrow to be his only competition.

Death Dealer- A serial killer who uses trick cards for his crimes. Nanites on the cards gives them different functions, courtesy of Intergang.

Clock King, Deathstroke, Onomatopoeia & Cupid will also make appearances.

Gallant Green Arrow will be all about world building and establishing his place in the DCU. The guy is in need of his own mythology. I would like some feedback, to be honest.

I'd do a story with the legion of superheroes.

The united planets sends a team of legionnaires to deep space to establish between the UP and races who may or may not want to join them. I would add new characters, and really explore how the DCU would have changed in 1000 years.

What happened to characters like Martian Manhunter (who ages slowly) and Wonder Woman (who's immortal), would they still be superheroes, ordinary citizens, or would they have left earth to the kids?

What would gotham be like in the future?

What happened to characters like the new gods?

All would be explored in a book that's filled with wonder, hope, joy, heart, and terror, government conspiracies.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Let's keep this going! And gimme more plots people, not just characters

I don't know if I'd submit this, but I might write an extremely real-world political drama involving the Justice League. Something in the vein of "The World's Greatest Super Heroes" but darker. It would probably end up being way too sobering for most people, especially given DC's idealism. It's a tricky line because giving heroes political leanings is bound to alienate fans (not that I'd necessarily be slapping on labels or having tax policy debates and such). And it's also tricky placing superheroes in a world more similar to ours. If you allow them to create the utopia we wish they would, they run out of reasons to exist. If they fail, they aren't doing their job as heroes. Red Son had just Superman to deal with which made it limited in scope but deeper.

All Star Vic Stone

A self contained series that follows Victor as he goes through life as a superstar public hero, a modern wonder of technology, and a 20 something that's going through an existential crisis.

I'd prefer to keep this series close to my chest, so that's all I'm going to say about.

Aquaman: Kaldur'am

Arthur is dead. Atlantis in now under the rule of Queen Mera and Prince Thomas, her and Arthur's second son. However, while the Kingdom is well ruled, the world is still full of dangers. Kaldur, Arthur's former protege, has decided to take up his mentors mantle and, as the new Aquaman, now protects both the surface and Atlantis as Arthur did. With the help of Mera and his own colorful cast of supporting characters, Kaldur will attempt to right the wrongs of the world as Aquaman! There would be about 5 major arcs of this series, the first arc kicking off with an Atlantean prison break.

Character wise, Kaldur will feel that he is unfit to fill Arthur's shoes, but Mera and the rest of his supporting character will give him a bit of positive reinforcement. His father will also play a role in him becoming his own Aquaman. He gets quite a few...let's say quirks from his dad that'll play into his character.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    All Star Vic Stone

A self contained series that follows Victor as he goes through life as a superstar public hero, a modern wonder of technology, and a 20 something that's going through an existential crisis.

I'd prefer to keep this series close to my chest, so that's all I'm going to say about.

Arthur is dead. Atlantis in now under the rule of Queen Mera and Prince Thomas, her and Arthur's second son. However, while the Kingdom is well ruled, the world is still full of dangers. Kaldur, Arthur's former protege, has decided to take up his mentors mantle and, as the new Aquaman, now protects both the surface and Atlantis as Arthur did. With the help of Mera and his own colorful cast of supporting characters, Kaldur will attempt to right the wrongs of the world as Aquaman! There would be about 5 major arcs of this series, the first arc kicking off with an Atlantean prison break.

Character wise, Kaldur will feel that he is unfit to fill Arthur's shoes, but Mera and the rest of his supporting character will give him a bit of positive reinforcement. His father will also play a role in him becoming his own Aquaman. He gets quite a few...let's say quirks from his dad that'll play into his character.
    Interesting. Do you mean his biological father or his adoptive father?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Interesting. Do you mean his biological father or his adoptive father?
    Biological.

While we're talking about Manta, Kaldur won't come out and admit, but he feels like he has to make up for his father's sins, so he works doubly hard. He puts unnecessary stress on himself, although he doesn't need to.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That sounds awesome HereNThere. (Can Kaldur ride a black manta ray steed? Please say yes.)

Do you have a particular interest in African American characters? I only ask because you mention writing for Vic and Kaldur, and have a Static avatar. It already sounds like you'd be doing them justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    That sounds awesome HereNThere. (Can Kaldur ride a black manta ray steed? Please say yes.)

Do you have a particular interest in African American characters? I only ask because you mention writing for Vic and Kaldur, and have a Static avatar. It already sounds like you'd be doing them justice.
    He probably won't ride one into battle but Thomas always wants to play with Kaldur and he has Arthur's ability to commune with fish, so he'll probably rope one in for Kaldur to race him on.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have an interest in writing African American characters, lol. I do have ideas about non-black characters though. However, most of them have been folded into a Justice League story I want to write. I might have to spin them back out though because I don't think I'd be able to tell everyone's story like I want.
    Last edited by HereNThere; 01-13-2016 at 05:44 PM.

BANNED

Deadshot: The Mage Killer

Yes, it would be an else worlds story.

Plot: Floyd Lawton is an assassin that specializes in killing magical beings. Something happens to him early on in his life that leads him to have a deep and intense hatred towards Mages. A mysterious woman, gives him a mission to track down and kill one of most powerful mages the earth has ever known, Doctor Fate.

Here's an idea for an Elseworlds story:

Batman : Darkseid's Knight.

What would happen if, after his parents were murdered, young Bruce Wayne was taken to Apokolips?

Spectacular Member

I have a bunch of ideas actually

I have an idea for a batman story that involves Talon-the "Robin" from Earth 3 who flees that world and goes to Bats for sanctuary

I have an idea for a GL story where a ring, after it's wearer dies and starts searching for a new bearer gains it's own consciousness

I have an idea to rework the Titans more along the lines of how Wolfman and Perez did it, I would have The Paragon taking over Deathstrokes roll as the main antagonist

I had an idea on how to incorporate the Red Circle characters into the DC universe that would have dated back to COIE but DC doesn't use them anymore so that's a wash

I have an entire storyline ready for the Crusaders over at Red Circle actually...lol

tons of ideas floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    All Star Vic Stone

I'd be down for both of these, especially the Kaldur story. Love me some Aqualad!

I'm curious though, how would you approach his relationship with Manta? Would there even be one, beyond Kaldur feeling like he needs to atone for his father's sins? One of the highlights of Young Justice's second season was Kaldur's relationship with Manta (as well as Kaldur in that badass armor) and I'd like to hear what you have to say about that dynamic.

As a side note, DC Universe Online is introducing Water powers this year, based on Mera and Kaldur, and they already have gear styled after both Aquaman and Black Manta. If you're a big fan of the character, you might want to keep an eye out for the powerset when it debuts and make an Aqualad inspired toon. Likely wont be until this summer (totally guessing here); the annual Summer Event is based around a Atlantean civil war so there'd be some synergy.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-14-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.