Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Ahah. The more I think about it, the more details I remember.
    In my mind, the whole opening of the rips among realities would have happened even because of the Angle Man. Basically, I thought that the villain, tired of being considered a C-List guy, would have conceived a way to break the thin wall among dimensions in Gateway to become omnipotent - he was planning to use his own personal knowledge of angles and dimensions in order to achieve his plan. Diana would have stopped him, but the Angle Man would have become a creature fragmented among dimensions (with new, reality-warping powers) and Gateway would have transformed in the aforementioned nexus among worlds. I had even thought about a renewed Villainy Inc with several WW villains, including Poison and Clea: they would have become V inc, and they would have thought about different ways to exploit Gateway's "qualities".

Another idea I had concerned Green Lantern. Nobody ever really thought of a way to explore the psychic connections of the ring. I thought that the Lanterns' inner subconscious would have created independent nightmarish creatures, and Hal and the others would have been obliged to live a whole adventures in a world - which was simply a projections of their own minds - in order to stop them. Something similar to DeMatteis forgotten, but very good, OGN Willworld.

EDIT PS: By the way, I suppose that writing these ideas in this thread is the best way not to see them become a reality. I mean, should a writer read these pitches, he/she will be very careful in not copying them, in order to avoid any accusation of plagiarism.
    Totally agreed on the untapped potentials of the psychic connection to the ring. Your descriptions of what could happen are exciting.

My favorites in this thread so far have been:

Pagan Wonder Woman-neonrideraryeh

Smart Slade-victorxd1999

Aquaman: Kaldur'am-HereNThere

Sentient Ring-Big Al

Villain Kids' Therapy-Agent Z

Amazons: The Lost Tribes-Myskin

Green Nightmares-Myskin

Those aren't necessarily what I'd title them, but what I think describes them best.

Extraordinary Member

I'd pitch a Zero Hour style event that would fix some of the problems in the continuity. Basically just reestablish that some of the history that people saw as being lost is indeed still there, like for the Titans and the JLA.

Astonishing Member

OK, what about this:
    We all know that Earth-2 was just a trick to put some of the oldest DC stories in continuity, right? But we never followed those characters' career, except for some bits and pieces. We just saw their legacies (Infinity Inc, for example). Well, I'd like a whole epic about E-2 Superman which may tell his career throughout the 1940s and the following years, as if his adventures were published now. More than everything, I'd create a whole gallery of villains for him, which included red-haired Alexei Luthor, the original Toyman and a lot of villains we saw just once or twice - for example Romago, the bearded version of Brainiac which appeared only in the Dailies.

And another story entirely focused on Iron Munro, Fury and the Flying Fox, as pulpish heroes in the 1930s.

Some years ago, an article here on CBR made me discover that DCU didn't include only the Amazons of Themyscira and Bana-Mighdall. Especially in the first years of DCU, continuity was a bit more fluid, and there were mentions of other all-female tribes here and there in other series (I vaguely remember even mentions of robot amazons, too). Unfortunately, I can't find the article anymore. Anyway, the article made me think about a possible WW epic story where she would have travelled throughout the DC world to reunite all of the old amazon tribes, from Iceberg Land to Skartaris: in my imagination, all of these amazon tribes were in fact part of one tribe several centuries ago, and WW would have acted as a messiah-like figure to reconstitute the old nation of warrior women, which was now scattered all around the world. Of course, there would have been several challenges to earn trust from all of these lost amazons.

I had another idea about Gateway city. Since the city was first introduced in a 1960s story featuring the Spectre, I imagined that the presence of such powerful supernatural entity had made the reality all around Gateway a bit more fragile. Basically, Gateway had become a crossroads among several different realities. A battle between WW and Circe (who was making some human sacrifices in order to revive her dead daughter Hippolyta) would have ripped the reality over Gateway open. From this moment on, Gateway would have become the center of mystical energies in DCU, and WW would have made it her home to protect it from the incursions of cyclops, dragons, and supernatural entities. From Gateway it would have been way easier to reach places such as Skartaris and the world of Claw the Unconquered.

A revival of Ralph and Sue Dibny: Ralph is the sleuth, Sue is the Elongated woman.
    Interesting idea. Would you include the Amazons history with Heraclesand Theseus?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Interesting idea. Would you include the Amazons history with Heraclesand Theseus?
    Well, so much time passed... I really don't remember (by the way, if someone could find the article about all of the different species of amazons in the DCU, including the robot/alien ones I'll be very grateful).

Generally speaking, I doubt that I would have included all of the references to Heracles as an Amazon rapist which were presented in Perez's run. For one reason, basically. I like WW as a female heroine, but I think that the majority of stories which focus on WW as a feminist icon are incredibly unsubtle, and I hate educational comics. If the story is supposed to show WW as a guide, the plot should speak for itself, and there shouldn't be any explicit message whatsoever. That doesn't mean that Hercules shouldn't be the villain - he may well be - but I am not interested in unsubtle male/rapist vs female/amazon stories, as many Hercules-focused adventures are.

Well, so much time passed... I really don't remember (by the way, if someone could find the article about all of the different species of amazons in the DCU, including the robot/alien ones I'll be very grateful).

Generally speaking, I doubt that I would have included all of the references to Heracles as an Amazon rapist which were presented in Perez's run. For one reason, basically. I like WW as a female heroine, but I think that the majority of stories which focus on WW as a feminist icon are incredibly unsubtle, and I hate educational comics. If the story is supposed to show WW as a guide, the plot should speak for itself, and there shouldn't be any explicit message whatsoever. That doesn't mean that Hercules shouldn't be the villain - he may well be - but I am not interested in unsubtle male/rapist vs female/amazon stories, as many Hercules-focused adventures are.
    Fair enough. Thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    My favorites in this thread so far have been:

Pagan Wonder Woman-neonrideraryeh

Smart Slade-victorxd1999

Aquaman: Kaldur'am-HereNThere

Sentient Ring-Big Al

Villain Kids' Therapy-Agent Z

Amazons: The Lost Tribes-Myskin

Green Nightmares-Myskin

Those aren't necessarily what I'd title them, but what I think describes them best.
    Guys, honestly, if you put some heads together in the Artists forum, we could get the greatest wave of DC fanfic of all time, in print. Just saying. Don't let your dreams sit in a corner of your mind on a shelf.

Astonishing Member

Well I've said it in make your own universe posts but my big dream is to try a book featuring an alternate world without the regular Trinity.

We'd instead make it a universe of minor or otherwise unkown heroes and villains. The occassional nod to other DC characters but without the core trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman.

It'd have 3 characters as its "Trinity" who start the story, or as I'd call them The Triumvirate of Thallasus (Thallasus being Earth here). Triumph. Moon Maiden and Regal. It'd start somewhat like the E-2 book did only this world has its heroes with just these 3 repel the New Gods.

Triumph would've debuted somewhere like 10 years ago. Moon Maiden 5 or so and Regal DURING the invasion with him being the tipping point that leads to the New Gods defeat.

The 3 would then slowly fill out their ranks creating a sort of JLA and operate in a very Authority esque way, but not evil or doing things for shits and giggles. IE They'd do their best to contribute to peace negotiations and the like but also be very willing to stop armies if they are ordered to atack or go to war with another place etc...

Spectacular Member

being a DC fan it always kind of pissed me off that marvel made the squadron supreme work so well.

I know DC had "the champions of angor" but they never really did anything with them (the lord havoc mini series from a few years ago was atrocious IMHO)

so I thought it would be neat if Bluejay (who was actually the last survivor of that planet) just woke up one day and he was back on Angor like nothing happened, like the planet was never destroyed and everything seems exactly like it was. he's confused (obviously) but figures it was either a miracle, the result of some crisis or he had dreamed all of the bad things that happened. anyway as he moves through his day he meets up with his old team mates and everything seems ok, there are slight differences but he doesn't' think much of it until they find out that Tracer has escaped prison, The Bowman and Jack B Quick go out to get him and the fight is just totally brutal, they do things that blue jay never imagined he'd see his friends do. So, it's like an episode of the twilight zone for him...

I would have used that to build up the Angor universe. I had a decent amount of the story actually written out but I think I lost it.

Oh man, I almost forgot. I had an idea for a character and/or story that kind of tied the different unique civilizations of the DC Universe together. We don't see enough of those characters take the lead in stories.

My first idea was to take a single individual and have him go on a crazy adventure that parallels those of the Justice League. The story opens with a secret team of Kryptonian scientists going to Mars, under the instructions of Jor-El, to study what he suspects might be an unstable core due to remote readings of radioactivity. He's been searching for planets with such characteristics in order to compare them with Krypton as he first starts developing his theory that Krypton could be in danger. While there, the scientists cooperate with Martians to get to the bottom of what could be causing it, perhaps from a more remote location. Two of them fall in love, and have a child. They eventually stumble upon the reality that it's in fact a young Malefic (or the White Martians, or both) plotting to take over Mars. They don't let them escape, and the remote area is destroyed. With the Martian parent's last psychic thought, he/she plants thoughts in the mind of their baby, who is in a high-tech crib, to gravitate towards beings capable of great love. The Kryptonian parent races home, throws the crib into space, and they blow up. The Martian/Kryptonian lands in Themyscira, somehow able to sense and phase through their protective veil. From there, I haven't thought of how the Amazons would react to him, and what age he would be. But I thought to have him get captured or switch sides during an early mini-war with the Atlanteans that came before Arthur. Then I thought to have the same thing happen again later with the League of Shadows, but I'm not sure I can keep stretching it. What's next, escaping and coming upon Nth Metal in Egypt and helping the Wizard Shazam defeat a still-endowed Black Adam? Hey why not lol.

My next idea was to have these different civilizations represented with several different individuals. An Amazonian, a League of Shadows Member, and an Atlantean who could modify the temperature of any water around them. All stranded on some tropical planet or something.

Maybe I can blend the two and have multiple "fused" characters so it's not just one unbelievably lucky and powerful being running through everything. Thanagarian cop gets GL ring and makes baddass medieval constructs? A time travelling Flash from the future with incredible Tech and a white dwarf belt? Along with Martian-Kryptonian raised by Amazons, Atlanteans, and taught by the League of Shadows over there that would be a tough trio to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    They would definitely have a few confrontations. While he feels he needs to atone for his father's sins, he wouldn't be able to bring himself to hate him, which, again, weighs heavy on his mind. On the flip side, Manta isn't overly concerned with Kaldur. You could say he's neutral to him for the most part. He wouldn't go out of his way to harm him, but if his life was in danger, he wouldn't come to his aid. He figures that, as his child, he'd be capable of fending for himself. He also has a twisted sense of pride that his offspring has taken his enemy's name. Manta basically treats him as a man whose already made his life's decisions. Kaldur isn't a child anymore, so there would be no real point in trying to bring him over to his side. He will point things that Kaldur gets from him though.

I wanted to keep it a bit distanced from their relationship in Young Justice. While I liked it, I don't want Manta to be too supportive of his son. But I also don't want him to be a complete sociopath towards him like he is currently being portrayed.
    I'd read it. Though personally I'd miss the Manta-Kaldur dynamic from the show. But, as they say, you can't capture lightning in a bottle twice.

Anything that moves Manta away from being "underwater Joker" is a good choice in my opinion. You'd have my money, good sir.

As for everything Myskin has posted, I'd read that too. Which shouldnt surprise anyone, I typically agree with him on most things.

And now I really want to share some of my own ideas....but I wont. I'll publish the hell out of them myself, and you guys can read about them then. I'm just going to say, if I ever get my hands on Superman, it'll be the best damned Superman any of you have ever read (outside of the masters like Maggin and Morrison anyway).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Would like to see a Secret Society led by Lex that is taking over the planet like what we saw in the Young Justice cartoon and the Dark Knight Strikes Again (dk2). Lex, Captain Cold, Manta, Bane, Black Hand and Cheetah like in Forever Evil.

BANNED

I have another idea. I don't know if it would appeal to anyone, but here it goes.

Plot: A mysterious and powerful individual simply known as The Wall sends out a list of questionable and dangerous deeds every year to random people. It's simple. These individuals must complete these tasks or else The Wall will reveal their secrets. The following will be consisted of a young college student who is studying robotics, a model, an artist, a married sleuth, a stage magician, a journalist, a goth, and a mayor. I'm sure you can figure out who these individuals are. This series would be in it's own continuity, it'll be in a real-world setting.

Green Lantern: Apokolips

Plot: The Guardians send John Stewart on a very important mission. John has 24 hours to go to Apokolips and save a mysterious prisoner who will shake Stewart's world forever. Spoiler Alert: This hostage will later be revealed as John's future son. The boy has the Anti-Life Equation within him. That can't be good.

Green Arrow....he's my favorite superhero. So of course I have another pitch.

Plot: Green Arrow learns about a ruthless, well-connected criminal organization named La Infamy. The only way that Oliver can bring this empire down is if he infiltrates the group. He goes undercover with a new alias and a new look. Throughout his time of being undercover, he'll grow attached to this family. So the question is: Can he abort before he gets too deep or is it too late? My story will be about Oliver Queen going through a bit of an identity crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Would like to see a Secret Society led by Lex that is taking over the planet like what we saw in the Young Justice cartoon and the Dark Knight Strikes Again (dk2). Lex, Captain Cold, Manta, Bane, Black Hand and Cheetah like in Forever Evil.
    Ever read "Justice" by Alex Ross? Probably my favorite story of that happening.