Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

A Hawkman and Hawkgirl series where the characters share the marquee, to begin with. These are two characters whose relationship DC should be highlighting right now, not discarding. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Marvel have Reed and Sue, DC should have Katar and Shayera as their premiere, rock-solid power couple. I guess Aquaman and Mera sort of hold that title now, but why not one-up 'em, DC, and just have two?

To be more specific, though, considering the current state of the Hawks, I'd take Hawkman back to Thanagar and begin to rebuild the character there, not so much from the ground up, but rather by reinforcing the frame that's already been erected. He's been through a lot since The New 52 first started, but no one ever really bothered to decide just who he is exactly. And when you're lost, sometimes the best way to find yourself is to go back to the beginning. So I'd take Katar back home to Thanagar and, through a series of flashbacks and self-reflection, establish his new origin in a more definitive way. Why was he even on Earth to begin with, and what happened to his memories? These are things that were never competently explained, and I know just how to do it. His history as a gladiator, which was touched upon briefly in The Savage Hawkman, is something worth exploring, too, as well as him being an adopted son of royalty. Both of those aspects have potential, I think; they just need to be fleshed out a lot more. And not only would this help to build up Hawkman, but also Thanagar, which we know very little about so far.

Central to all of this, of course, would be Shayera. I'd reincorporate her right away, in fact, even using her as the catapult for Katar's return home and self-reflection in the first place. Her "death" was ambiguous at best, so I wouldn't even make a big deal over bringing her back. Just say she was found alive floating in deep space in stasis and render her as a redhead, no questions asked.

I'd conclude the first arc, then, with her coming around, completing Katar's journey of self-discovery and purpose. And that purpose? Returning Thanagar to a more stable planet. He and Shayera both are royalty now. I'd play that up. In the same way that Aquaman is the King of Atlantis, Hawkman and Hawkgirl should be the rulers of Thanagar. Basically, I'd attempt to recreate the dynamic the Silver Age Hawks shared, but in a new way. They aren't just good cop and bad cop now: they're benevolent leader and would-be tyrant. Hawkman's peace-through-strength attitude would constantly be challenged by Shayera's more measured approach to ruling, and it would be that compromise that would ultimately make them good, if not very flawed leaders trying to reconnect with their planet and its people.

Finally, I'd hope to keep them secluded on Thanagar for a good long while, separate from the rest of the superhero shenanigans going on in the rest of the DC Universe. Eventually, I'd like to take them to Earth and see them placed in a team setting; I think that's crucial for the characters' long-term success. At the outset, though, I'd prefer to be left to my own devices so as to build up their backstories and supporting cast, as well as the Thanagarian geography and culture. The planet itself, by the way, should not be neglected. Thanagar is an entire fictitious planet, after all. Think about all of the possibilities there are to explore, and as the reigning rulers of it all, there's a perfect excuse for Katar and Shayera to take a globetrotting tour of it, restoring peace to their kingdom one problem at a time. And if editorial wanted to tie the Hawks to the greater DC Universe in the interim, I'd capitalize on some of their more cosmic-oriented characters and groups, such as the Green Lantern Corps, Lobo, and maybe even L.E.G.I.O.N. or R.E.B.E.L.S., either of which I'd love to see resurface soon.

My primary goal, though, would be to make the book about Katar and Shayera traveling from place to place, partaking in varied adventures as husband and wife. The quiet moments between them would be as central to their stories as the explosive fights they often found themselves in. This is what I really enjoy about the old Silver Age Hawkman and Hawkgirl stories, and it's what I believe makes them unique to the DC Universe. Even in Hawkman Volume 4, I think you'll find that the best issues are where Hawkman and Hawkgirl are out and about, interacting with some strange new set of circumstances as two parts of a greater whole. It's their niche, and it should be at the forefront of any book they star in, regardless of anything else.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Amazing Member

I get bored at work and think of ways to revamp rogues galleries and shuffle baddies around. That'd be my main concern with folks like Nightwing, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman. I would set out to give them a decent (if not great) group of foes.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Recently had some new ideas. One is fairly cliche; the JLA loses their powers (Bruce his access to wealth and tech), and use their human qualities, skills, and relationships to solve the mystery/save the day. I know there was "Act of God" but reviews make it sound terrible; any feedback?

The other is an elseworlds called "Titans of Tomorrow" based on this awesome Alex Ross sketch for a pitch:

Oh wait a minute. I just googled it just now and found this.

(I knew that name wasn't original dammit). Was this any good?

I also had more ideas for a Red Son title that explored barely mentioned or excluded characters from that universe in the time gap between two of the chapters.

Oh, I forgot. An Elseworld's tale in which Superman comes to Earth as an adult.

Since it is elections again, I propose a story about Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen running as president and vice president. Bruce Wayne takes over the american empire and Lex is imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay.

BANNED

I like the idea of playing with Flash and The Speed Force. As well as a more environmental nature take on Aquaman.

So those are probably my big two DC characters but I'd like to right alot of characters.

I'd love to do Ocean Master as a third though I think he's an interesting rogue and could bring in great stories
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 02-15-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I like the idea of playing with Flash and The Speed Force. As well as a more environmental nature take on Aquaman.

So those are probably my big two DC characters but I'd like to right alot of characters.
    I'm actually incorporating both of those elements into a story I'm working on about how Superheroes would react to war and inequality in our world (which I mention earlier in this thread); a theme that comics in general should stay away from but that provide a really interesting backdrop for a story. It's one I think I could actually turn into something good since after writing a few lines of script it starts to just write itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Oh wait a minute. I just googled it just now and found this.

(I knew that name wasn't original dammit). Was this any good?
    It was a bit hookey if you ask me, but it was ok and the story was kinda neat even if it didn't make a whole lot of sense.
    The lowdown:
    The people you see on that cover are the bad guys.
    The League we know is dead (not explained in detail).
    -Batman is Tim Drake and kinda batty due to the loss of both Conner and Bart, he carries the gun that shot the Waynes... which he has since used to execute every inmate and villain Batman has ever faced (including the original Damian from KC).
    -Superman is Conner... or rather a clone of him, doesn't have a problem with burning Deathstroke's right arm off, is closer to Lex than he is Clark... also Lex now lives on the Kent farm.
    -Cassandra is Wonder Woman, the God of War, 'nuff said.
    -Changeling, more of a douche but can now combine the powers of different animals at the same time... like turning into an ox then splitting into two like an amobea.
    -Bart is... Zoom, I think, taking more after the Thawne than the Allen now.
    -Aquawoman, is a blank really.
    -Raven is Dark Raven and the reason why there is no crime in their half the of the US continent (she simply ate people's free will in that department).

There is ofc a group that opposes them, but we dont get all that much on them because everyone realizes that the priority is to get the present day Titans back home and prevent this future from happening... simply by sticking together. Which they did and the day was saved. However there was a follow-up story as a lead-in to Sinestro Corps War and this future came to the present to make sure it would still happen... and it came in style and force:

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It was a bit hookey if you ask me, but it was ok and the story was kinda neat even if it didn't make a whole lot of sense.
    The lowdown:
    The people you see on that cover are the bad guys.
    The League we know is dead (not explained in detail).
    -Batman is Tim Drake and kinda batty due to the loss of both Conner and Bart, he carries the gun that shot the Waynes... which he has since used to execute every inmate and villain Batman has ever faced (including the original Damian from KC).
    -Superman is Conner... or rather a clone of him, doesn't have a problem with burning Deathstroke's right arm off, is closer to Lex than he is Clark... also Lex now lives on the Kent farm.
    -Cassandra is Wonder Woman, the God of War, 'nuff said.
    -Changeling, more of a douche but can now combine the powers of different animals at the same time... like turning into an ox then splitting into two like an amobea.
    -Bart is... Zoom, I think, taking more after the Thawne than the Allen now.
    -Aquawoman, is a blank really.
    -Raven is Dark Raven and the reason why there is no crime in their half the of the US continent (she simply ate people's free will in that department).

There is ofc a group that opposes them, but we dont get all that much on them because everyone realizes that the priority is to get the present day Titans back home and prevent this future from happening... simply by sticking together. Which they did and the day was saved. However there was a follow-up story as a lead-in to Sinestro Corps War and this future came to the present to make sure it would still happen... and it came in style and force:

Holy crap. That sounds crazy enough that I have to read it! Thanks.

Some more idea-

During Diana's ambassadorial expeditions to man's world, an organization, known as the New Argonauts, come forward claiming to be descendants, of Greek heroes such as Archilles, Heracles and Jason. They claim that the Amazons really are the monsters they were viewed as by the Greeks and even bring documents to prove it. As Diana tries to disprove these claims, we discover that the leaders of these organisations are in fact the original Argonauts- Theseus, Archilles, Jason, Odysseus and Ajax. Heracles would have been one of them, but when he realized the Amazons were in the right,he turned on his allies, only to be killed by Theseus, who then lied about the Amazons being the murderers.

A story where Diana, Athena and Hessia try to uncover the mystery of Olympus. Was Zeus always the ruler of the gods? Or is there more to this than meets the eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Some more idea-

During Diana's ambassadorial expeditions to man's world, an organization, known as the New Argonauts, come forward claiming to be descendants, of Greek heroes such as Archilles, Heracles and Jason. They claim that the Amazons really are the monsters they were viewed as by the Greeks and even bring documents to prove it. As Diana tries to disprove these claims, we discover that the leaders of these organisations are in fact the original Argonauts- Theseus, Archilles, Jason, Odysseus and Ajax. Heracles would have been one of them, but when he realized the Amazons were in the right,he turned on his allies, only to be killed by Theseus, who then lied about the Amazons being the murderers.

A story where Diana, Athena and Hessia try to uncover the mystery of Olympus. Was Zeus always the ruler of the gods? Or is there more to this than meets the eye?
    Nice! I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Some more idea-

I assume you're not talking about Chronos, Zeus' father, right? Not including the Titans among the ranks of gods and such?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I assume you're not talking about Chronos, Zeus' father, right? Not including the Titans among the ranks of gods and such?
    Sort of. My story would be something like "What if the story we know of how Zeus came to be ruler of Mt Olympus wasn't entirely accurate?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    A Justice Society story set in the present day on Earth 1 that would be spun off into an ongoing.

And that's still it, besides my reboot of Green Lantern!

But that JSA concept is so strong, they don't need me to write it. It'll be hard for anyone to screw it up.

Ha, ha!
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-16-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Incredible Member

Gem world chronicles #1

Teenagers Andy Winston is having a hard time fitting in at school. Will the pedent he found in his mothers wardrobe unlock his potental? And what's his connection to the princess of gem world? Do not miss the most controversial comic of the year.....