Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Gem world chronicles #1

Teenagers Andy Winston is having a hard time fitting in at school. Will the pedent he found in his mothers wardrobe unlock his potental? And what's his connection to the princess of gem world? Do not miss the most controversial comic of the year.....

Amazing Member

Supergirl Team-up: All-In-One stories with Kara teaming up with classic and not-so-well-known heroes of DCU. Make it tie into the TV show so new readers aren't confused when it doesn't line up with what they're familiar with.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure you've seen the subtle twist In my version ....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I'm actually incorporating both of those elements into a story I'm working on about how Superheroes would react to war and inequality in our world (which I mention earlier in this thread); a theme that comics in general should stay away from but that provide a really interesting backdrop for a story. It's one I think I could actually turn into something good since after writing a few lines of script it starts to just write itself.
    Would love to see what you come up with in it so keep me posted.

Spectacular Member

The Seven Soldiers of Victory.

I don't know why but I always loved the name. I would have Time Lord recruit heroes from different eras and trick them into helping him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    Gem world chronicles #1

Teenagers Andy Winston is having a hard time fitting in at school. Will the pedent he found in his mothers wardrobe unlock his potental? And what's his connection to the princess of gem world? Do not miss the most controversial comic of the year.....
    He turns into Amethyst, doesn't he? Not just turning older like Amy Winston did in the '80s series but actually turns into the female Amethyst. Like a comic book take on how Ozma the princess of Oz was turned into a little boy named Tip by a witch in the Oz books.

Incredible Member

Yep. As trans person I'd like to see a bit of representation.

I also like the idea of someone who chooses a super powers, not out of duty, but because there's some kind of fringe benefit for them...

I think a story about Emily Briggs (Looker) as a former bride of Dracula who escapes him would be interesting. Or alternatively, have her be a vampire who tries to rescue some girls fleeing a vampire who wants to enslave them.

Amazing Member

big barda/amethyst intergalactic road trip!

Incredible Member

Way back when, the start of the New 52 actually made me think up a reboot DCU of my own, which has since grown into a massive megaseries very near and dear to my heart I'd really love to get to do officially. /wistful

As for canonical series I'd have enough (different) ideas and passion for:
    • Titans: Dick, Donna, Roy, Wally and ~2-6 more (preferably Beast Boy, Cyberion, Raven and Starfire)
    • Teen Titans: Tim, Cassie, Kon, Bart and ~2-6 more (preferably Blue Beetle, Red Devil, Miss Martian and Solstice)
    • Tim Drake solo series: balancing normal life with fighting crime in Gotham and the Ünternet
    • Bart Allen solo series: balancing normal life with wacky super-powered hijinks
    • Kon-El solo series: balancing normal life with epic super-science adventures
    • Cassie Sandsmark solo series: balancing normal life with journeys in the mythical world
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Way back when, the start of the New 52 actually made me think up a reboot DCU of my own, which has since grown into a massive megaseries very near and dear to my heart I'd really love to get to do officially. /wistful

As for canonical series I'd have enough (different) ideas and passion for:
    • Titans: Dick, Donna, Roy, Wally and ~2-6 more (preferably Beast Boy, Cyberion, Raven and Starfire)
    • Teen Titans: Tim, Cassie, Kon, Bart and ~2-6 more (preferably Blue Beetle, Red Devil, Miss Martian and Solstice)
    • Tim Drake solo series: balancing normal life with fighting crime in Gotham and the Ünternet
    • Bart Allen solo series: balancing normal life with wacky super-powered hijinks
    • Kon-El solo series: balancing normal life with epic super-science adventures
    • Cassie Sandsmark solo series: balancing normal life with journeys in the mythical world
    I'd love if they brought back the Cyberion persona during rebooth as a standin for Cyborg either in the League or Titans.

Katana: Earth One

This series is basically a modern story of Katana. In this retelling, Tatsu Toro was born with the ability to talk to ghost. This caused her to be viewed as weird by her peers and family members. Tired of people judging her for her "freakish" ability, she now puts on a front in society as a regular person, pretending nothing is wrong and everything is fine. It works out well until she comes across the Soultaker swords, a blade which houses the souls of the warriors it's slain. Now she must accept the abilities she's rejected and learn to master them in order to control the killers in the sword before they take control of her.

Terrific

Same as Katana, a retelling of the character. Though this one takes place on Earth Prime. This series is basically about a young Micheal Holt and how he's trying to deal with the fact that he's a genius and everyone else isn't. He has to navigate the tedium of average society. His world pretty much gets rocked when he begins to meet people who can actually be considered his peer. All of that is kicked off when he gains an interest in the concept of infinity which leads to the invention of a single T-Sphere...

Element Woman

Putting her in the Doom Patrol is kinda lame and obvious. Emily Sung doesn't care about the fact that she's not a regular person anymore and isn't letting that bit of adversity get in her way. She's going to do her damnedest to live a normal life despite that fact. Unfortunately, every time she get's a sliver of normality, something always goes incredibly weird. Think Regular Show but with a superhero.

Impusle: Back to the Grind

Honestly, this series is just a sequel to Impulse. Through the magic of comics, I'd retcon the Kid Flash stuff and give him his old name back. We follow an older Bart as he adventures through the world looking for ways to master the Speed Force in order to reunite with this old mentor Max Mercury. Wackiness ensues.

Terrific and Impulse sound great.

New idea. Not a lot is written about young Bruce's early travels before becoming Batman (any recommendations are welcome my way). I was thinking of writing a story chronicling those adventures, with each different one giving him a different perspective, a different skill, a different layer of Batman. Then I thought of the story of "Siddartha", which is one of my favorite books, and wondered if maybe I could loosely model it on that, since the book rests heavily on attaining spiritual consciousness through a diversity of experiences, immersing one's self in different extremes. Part of this comes from Morrison's "Fatman on Batman" Podcast interview with Kevin Smith, in which he says that in his mind, Batman shouldn't be all that tortured and raging, because to do what he does, he has to be the ultimate human; he has to be in complete balance with himself internally. So while Morrison still includes that childhood pain, he also taps into a more meditative side of Batman. I think that would be really interesting to explore with a younger, less mature Bruce.

One thing I never thought of is that, Bruce should first feel what it's like to have wealth and power as a (young) adult before he's able to reject it completely. He's looking for something to fill him, and before he finds Batman, he should be semi-seduced by other things. Perhaps he almost decides to stay in the mountains training with the monks because of the tranquility; perhaps he finds a thrill and camaraderie with the criminal element; maybe he's tempted to keep training with Ted Grant/Wildcat for a while and become a fighter; he could have even had a brief period where he embraced the playboy lifestyle he later wears as a disguise, seeking love and happiness...all abandoned because he seeks a higher purpose.

What do you guys think? I'll probably have to read more of what's out there on his development to draw inspiration while making sure I don't retread old ground and add something new. (On that thought, where can I read on Wildcat training Batman?)

This is an easy one especialy since DC is putting out cartoon based comics.

Apache Chief - Apache Chief in his own series but he can no longer become a giant. His powers are now more mystical medicine man and he struggles to find his way with this and his loss of "super hero" powers. More of a Dr Fate type deal with hero cameos. Chief would be more of a Constantine with AL Bundy mentality always looking to the god ol days and not noticing the good he is doing now fighting the supernatural and aiding in more spandex related issues here and there. I would want the art to be classic Silvestri stuff like outback X-Men .