Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Is there HC version of Akira?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Is there HC version of Akira?
    I hope/want someone to correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the only hardcover versions of Akira are by Graphitti Designs, there was a limited print run, they are now very expensive and they look something like this

Manga is a little bit frustrating to those of us who collect "western" comics as they shy away from hardcover collections and even when they do them they tend to be in limited quantities and shoot up in price.

yeah I only know about the GD hc-s as well.
    To be fair, lot of manga series have like 20-100 books worth of material, it is quite pricey and space consuming to buy them all in paperback let alone in hardcover.
    Was genuinely surprised that the Speed racer hc set exists and it's really affordable.

How is the naruto manga? I'm a big fan of the show and have read maybe 3 or 4 of the books at my local library. Thinking about picking up the 3 boxsets to get all 70? books. Worth the price or should I stick to the series? I manga dosnt have fillers like the show did but I personally liked the fillers, more story to enojy.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    How is the naruto manga? I'm a big fan of the show and have read maybe 3 or 4 of the books at my local library. Thinking about picking up the 3 boxsets to get all 70? books. Worth the price or should I stick to the series? I manga dosnt have fillers like the show did but I personally liked the fillers, more story to enojy.
    Part 1 is the best of the series. Shippuden is a mixed bag but try it out. you might find it worth your while.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I only watched the anime until end of the first series (minus the filler season). Generally due to filler there aren't many series I recommend watching over reading, but with Naruto I probably enjoyed watching it as much as I enjoyed reading it. I didn't watch any of Shippuden, but I know it had a metric ton worth of filler (194 episodes), so the manga may offer a different enough experience for you.

I'd say if you have enjoyed the series and want to try it in different format give the first box set a shot. It's really a tough call for me, since I only stopped watching because I didn't want to wait for the english dub of Shippuden to air. Now if this was One Piece I'd say 100% read over watch.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I hope/want someone to correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the only hardcover versions of Akira are by Graphitti Designs, there was a limited print run, they are now very expensive and they look something like this

Manga is a little bit frustrating to those of us who collect "western" comics as they shy away from hardcover collections and even when they do them they tend to be in limited quantities and shoot up in price.
    Those Graphitti HC's collect the Epic comics run, so they're in colour as well. Sadly Graphitti seems to have lost the license along the way because vol #6 of that run was never published. AFAIK no complete run of Akira exists in HC.

Spectacular Member

How is the fullmetal alchemist manga?

I've seen both? Animas or at least the first one it's been a while. I see the Mangas have been collected into 3 volume omnis and they seem pretty cheap used.

Any chance Gantz is going to get re-issued in thicker volumes now that the series is over? It's impossible to order new volumes and get matching spines from the current volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post

I've seen both? Animas or at least the first one it's been a while. I see the Mangas have been collected into 3 volume omnis and they seem pretty cheap used.
    Fullmetal has two animes, the first pretty much improvised everything after the first dozen or so episodes and is almost a completely different series from the manga (Still turned out great imo). The second is FMA: Brotherhood, which is a perfect adaptation of the manga and one of my favorite series ever.

Never read the manga (I'm thinking about getting the 3-in-1s at some point), but with how good Brotherhood is I'd say it's probably fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Any chance Gantz is going to get re-issued in thicker volumes now that the series is over? It's impossible to order new volumes and get matching spines from the current volumes.
    I'd say there's a decent chance. Dark horse has done it with Oh My Goddess and Kurosagi Corpse Delivery (still ongoing), so I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

DSCF1153.jpg

Noragami is my newest interest in the Shounen manga world. It currently has 10 volumes available for english viewing and more on the way. The easiest way to sum it up would be supernatural action comedy. It's a fun series with great character drama and its a neat little pocket size (well not really but its kinda small) for on the go reading.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post

The 3-volume editions are really nice and very cost effective. It gets a little awkward reading them at that thickness for a smaller sized book, but it's not bad. I started collecting them in individuals but switched to the 3-volumes once they started those. Doesn't look as nice on the shelf, but as I've always said I'm a reader first and a collector second.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post

Barnes and Noble did an exclusive version of vol. 1 in hardcover with a different cover. To my knowledge they never did the other 5, but the first is a really nice edition.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

http://rightstufanime.com is having a Viz sale until February 4th, promo code: VIZ16.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I hate the fillers and love 70-80 percent of the canon stuff so...maybe? I actually think the animation helps it, so if you like fillers I'd say stick with that. Now if this was One Piece, the manga is way better.

And for all the people who don't like Shippuden, I'll say that it's definitely worth trying if you like part one. There is a lot of awesome stuff in Part 2, and I thought its high points soared way above anything in Part 1, even if its lows were a bit painful.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 02-02-2016 at 05:34 AM.
    Cyclops was right