Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

how many Gundam series got published in english? Wondering if this Thunderbolt is any good or is it easy to follow if I've only read the Origins series.

June haul.

20160703_102204.jpg
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    how many Gundam series got published in english? Wondering if this Thunderbolt is any good or is it easy to follow if I've only read the Origins series.
    This is the third multi volume series to be released in english to my knowledge. Origins was originally published by Viz then they dropped it and Vertical picked it up, Gundam 0079 was published by Viz but they dropped it 3 volumes before it finished, and now Viz picked up Thunderbolt.

I haven't read Thunderbolt but I know my brother will be picking it up since he likes it.

Yen Press announces the licensing of "ERASED" and "Bungo Stay Dogs" http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-manga/.103964

ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=78396 will be released in two-in-one Omnibus hardcovers (Same as Emma). Series is 8 single volumes, so 4 omnis total. The first volume is due in Spring 2017.

Bungō Stray Dogs https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=87668 will start in December this year.

ERASED is really great, glad its getting the treatment it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    This is the third multi volume series to be released in english to my knowledge. Origins was originally published by Viz then they dropped it and Vertical picked it up, Gundam 0079 was published by Viz but they dropped it 3 volumes before it finished, and now Viz picked up Thunderbolt.

I haven't read Thunderbolt but I know my brother will be picking it up since he likes it.
    Cheers. But wait. Did Viz drop origins?I thought the series was finished (haven't read all of it yet)

Vertical publish those awesome hard covers, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Vertical publish those awesome hard covers, don't they?
    oh yeah Vertical, not Viz, you are right.

oh yeah Vertical, not Viz, you are right.
    I guess Viz must've cancelled the line quite a while ago. I think we just found the only benefit of mainstream US comics over manga. Publishing rights are very simple lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I guess Viz must've cancelled the line quite a while ago. I think we just found the only benefit of mainstream US comics over manga. Publishing rights are very simple lol.
    You sure? *looking at master of kung-fu and fu man chu*

You sure? *looking at master of kung-fu and fu man chu*
    Yeah I'll clarify. Viz Media licensed origin first in 2002 or so and dropped the series before finishing it. Vertical Inc picked it up in 2013 and released the collector's edition version of the series as hardcovers.

Yeah I'll clarify. Viz Media licensed origin first in 2002 or so and dropped the series before finishing it. Vertical Inc picked it up in 2013 and released the collector's edition version of the series as hardcovers.
    thanks, I thought it's something like that. So the Vertical h editions are complete?

thanks, I thought it's something like that. So the Vertical h editions are complete?
    Yep, volume 12 came out in December last year.

Yep, volume 12 came out in December last year.
    cool. Have all of them on the shelf, just waiting for the inspiration (a.k.a. watching Pacific Rim the billionth time) to power through them.

cool. Have all of them on the shelf, just waiting for the inspiration (a.k.a. watching Pacific Rim the billionth time) to power through them.
    Luckily I've never had that issue with manga. I'm about to binge volumes 6 through 24 of Kimi ni Todoke, had to wait since rightstuf sent me every volume except for volume 6 (the next one I needed to read...).

My DC, Marvel, Dark Horse and Image backlog is much worse. Have a small bookshelf of stuff I've bought the past year and a half I just can't motivate myself to start. Hopefully my new reading desk and a nice break from work will help change that lol.

Luckily I've never had that issue with manga. I'm about to binge volumes 6 through 24 of Kimi ni Todoke, had to wait since rightstuf sent me every volume except for volume 6 (the next one I needed to read...).

My DC, Marvel, Dark Horse and Image backlog is much worse. Have a small bookshelf of stuff I've bought the past year and a half I just can't motivate myself to start. Hopefully my new reading desk and a nice break from work will help change that lol.
    Preachin to the choir about backlogs. I have so much Usagi to catch up on. And not saying much about the new manga coming in.

I need a whole new shelf.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.