Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Yeah i dipped into manga with origins but i thought the translation was pretty decent, as im usually a stickler for that. I think the bigger issue was how the dialogue was divided between word balloons. It makes for awkward pauses in conversation. I've started to read all the dialogue on a panel together and it helps with the reading experience.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Yeah i dipped into manga with origins but i thought the translation was pretty decent, as im usually a stickler for that. I think the bigger issue was how the dialogue was divided between word balloons. It makes for awkward pauses in conversation. I've started to read all the dialogue on a panel together and it helps with the reading experience.
    I had the same problem with the divided dialogues, hopefully I will get used to it, I've only read v1 and 2 so far and I'm glad if it gets better later.

Also, anyone has any opinions on the latest/newest Ultraman series? Can't remember if I asked this already but sometimes I feel the urge to check it out even though I've never read or watched any Ultraman.

Anyone here has read or is reading the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga?
    I'm currently reading it and I must say, as a fan of the anime, it's pretty good. I'm currently on volume 11.
    It's pretty interesting because it's a different take on the same story as in the anime, so, there are things that appear that never appeared in the show.
    Normally, doing some changes to an already established work can be a bad thing, however, these differences actually add more to the Evangelion mythos, it's pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
    I should be getting the One-Punch man books today, and see if I like that as well!
    One-Punch is a lot of fun and has absolutely fantastic art, only issue with it is that Viz didn't release it in a larger format. Nearly every single two page spread is ruined. It's has sold really well though, so whenever it ends it will probably get better editions but sadly that's years away.

It is a different take - a more "earthy" Shinji, so to speak. Started reading it... back in '98, I think. Just glad Sadamoto finished the thing.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMagnus View Post
    Anyone here has read or is reading the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga?
    I'm currently reading it and I must say, as a fan of the anime, it's pretty good. I'm currently on volume 11.
    It's pretty interesting because it's a different take on the same story as in the anime, so, there are things that appear that never appeared in the show.
    Normally, doing some changes to an already established work can be a bad thing, however, these differences actually add more to the Evangelion mythos, it's pretty interesting.
    Got 3 of the 5 omnis. Great story and more than enough to qualify as a decent AU on its own. And with certain events changing or not happening makes me more intrigued for how it ends.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Viz Media licenses Sweet Blue Flowers, Queen's Quality and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-manga/.105319

Sweet Blue Flowers by Shimura Takako (https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2577).

Series will be released in four 2-in-1 Omnibus Editions. (Hope this does well, love Shimura's current series Koiiji.)

Queen's Quality by Motomi Kyosuke (https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=123428).

Queen's Quality will begin in 2017 and is the Sequel to QQ Sweeper (https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=108547). Viz released the third and final volume of QQ Sweeper in June.

LOZ: Twilight Princess by Himekawa Akira (https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=130795)

Twilight Princess will start in March 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    One-Punch is a lot of fun and has absolutely fantastic art, only issue with it is that Viz didn't release it in a larger format. Nearly every single two page spread is ruined. It's has sold really well though, so whenever it ends it will probably get better editions but sadly that's years away.
    I started reading One Punch Man last night and I can see what you mean about the two page spreads and the tiny book format... Do you know if there is anywhere online to see full color pages of OPM? I started watching the anime as well (which is fantastic), Murata's art is incredible. I would love to see some full color pages of the art and its unfortunate there are no color pages at all and it seems to be really cheap paperstock. Too bad it wasn't released as Vizbig instead (is Viz no longer doing Vizbigs for newer series)?

I started reading One Punch Man last night and I can see what you mean about the two page spreads and the tiny book format... Do you know if there is anywhere online to see full color pages of OPM? I started watching the anime as well (which is fantastic), Murata's art is incredible. I would love to see some full color pages of the art and its unfortunate there are no color pages at all and it seems to be really cheap paperstock. Too bad it wasn't released as Vizbig instead (is Viz no longer doing Vizbigs for newer series)?
    I don't believe anyone is coloring scans of One Punch online atm. Vizbig is pretty much for popular completed series, Viz's Signature format (just about the same size as Vizbig but for single volumes) is what OPM should have been released in.

Mighty Member

Is there a go-to site to purchase manga from? IST's discounts are ok, just wondering if there's other options that package well.

All-New Member

Is there a go-to site to purchase manga from? IST's discounts are ok, just wondering if there's other options that package well.
    I guess Rightstuf would be the go-to for USA and Canada

Xylandra

I have been into ecchi manga since 2009. Can't even count how many I have read, and still tons of them unfinished.
    Last edited by Xylandra; 08-31-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    I don't believe anyone is coloring scans of One Punch online atm. Vizbig is pretty much for popular completed series, Viz's Signature format (just about the same size as Vizbig but for single volumes) is what OPM should have been released in.

Yea, tbh I downloaded the free sample of the first 3 volumes off amazon.ca to compare. Even though I have an older android tablet, the art 'pop's a lot better in the digital version vs the paperbacks. Everything seems muted because of the crappy paper. I much prefer to have everything physical but I think for this series, volume 3 and on I will switch to Kindle for this series, which cost almost less than half of the paperback version and the two page spreads are handled better.

If they decide down the road to re-release in a better format I will probably look into it...

Yea, tbh I downloaded the free sample of the first 3 volumes off amazon.ca to compare. Even though I have an older android tablet, the art 'pop's a lot better in the digital version vs the paperbacks. Everything seems muted because of the crappy paper. I much prefer to have everything physical but I think for this series, volume 3 and on I will switch to Kindle for this series, which cost almost less than half of the paperback version and the two page spreads are handled better.

If they decide down the road to re-release in a better format I will probably look into it...
    I will happen it will just be a long time lol. Not as long as it will take for One Piece to get some better editions though, that's over a decade away...

Pretty much what Yaazzie said. Rightstuf packages well and everything is always just about 25% off, and you might as well just subscribe to their newsletter since they often have 33% off sales. IST for me personally is for Dark horse manga (since no other site comes close to that 42% off) and Viz Media manga I didn't pre-order (30% off).

Other than that I get my stuff from Amazon, I pre-order 4 months in advance and usually get good deals on everything.

August haul. Got a lot more than I expected (Still have 8 volumes of Dorohedoro on the way). Picked up Ultraman vol 1 and it wasn't really interesting. Action scenes weren't anything outstanding and that was more than half of the volume. Very little character development made it hard to really care about anyone involved, though I imagine I'd feel differently if I had watch any Ultraman (MC is the son of the original Ultraman, and some other show characters are there as well).

Tried out the Fruits Basket Collector's Editions and loved them. Series is way more depressing than I expected but I love how the zodiac curse effects each Sohma. Only complaint about this edition I had was the matte finish for the covers of the first two volumes but they improved it from volume 3 on. Continuing Dorohedoro after getting volume 1 2ish years ago. Love the art and the characters are fun. Really wanted to buy every volume but after Kimi ni Todoke I'm not gonna impulse buy that many volumes anymore. No more than 10 volumes at a time from now on lol.

20160903_102848[1].jpg
    20160903_102508[1].jpg
    20160903_102403(0)[1].jpg