Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Amazon did a number on mine. Seems like the wear house worker cut the box set open to see what was inside.

Attachment 57213
    Attachment 57214
    Attachment 57215
    bloody hell! Amazon is really trying to step up their crap delivery game this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    bloody hell! Amazon is really trying to step up their crap delivery game this time!
    Easily the worst they have ever sent me, also only put air packaging on 2 sides so it also got dented.

Incredible Member

Looks like I will probably just look to get this off the shelf somewhere. Yes a discount is nice, but sometimes physically seeing what you are getting is worth paying for. Plus not having to deal with any returns or other hassles just have to weigh how much my time and inevitable inconvenience is worth.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Wow that's crazy @skymason21.

Ye I rather wait to see if it pops up for reasonable price at my usual places.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Looks like I will probably just look to get this off the shelf somewhere. Yes a discount is nice, but sometimes physically seeing what you are getting is worth paying for. Plus not having to deal with any returns or other hassles just have to weigh how much my time and inevitable inconvenience is worth.
    it will be on IST next week.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it will be on IST next week.
    Did you contact customer service? If that is true waiting paid off!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Did you contact customer service? If that is true waiting paid off!
    their customer service assistant, Emily is a member of the omnibus collector's FB group and she posted about it today.

I would never order a hardcover from Amazon...that's a rookie mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I would never order a hardcover from Amazon...that's a rookie mistake.
    I have gotten many hardcovers through amazon and have never really had any issues. I see people on here that run into it and I am always surprised as I cannot think of anything that was destroyed when I got it. I have had issues with items arriving on time, but they are usually good at giving you a refund on it. Ordered new Mario and it did not arrive got full refund and could keep the game.

Incredible Member

I think your Amazon experience could depend on the quality of your mail carriers. I have rarely gotten damaged looking boxes and never a destroyed box so most deliveries I get have been pretty good. I have only returned one thing ever. But I rarely get "perfect" items either. 1000 page books sliding around in a box with zero protection are bound to get bumps and dings.

My one Amazon return experience was great.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 11-01-2017 at 01:54 PM.

It's not about mail carriers - that's silly.

It's whether you get lucky and get a good warehouse who will shrinkwrap your book to a bigger piece of cardboard and pack it well, or a bad warehouse (ie 85% of them) who will simply toss your book in a box with one bubble packet resting on top.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    It's not about mail carriers - that's silly.

It's whether you get lucky and get a good warehouse who will shrinkwrap your book to a bigger piece of cardboard and pack it well, or a bad warehouse (ie 85% of them) who will simply toss your book in a box with one bubble packet resting on top.

I think you missed my point. I am saying some people are obviously luckier than others in spite of crappy protection. Of course stuff should be packaged better. If its not, you are than relying 100 % on the person not dropping your box at any point. I get an Amazon box, hear it shake freely and sigh before I open it. I mostly get decent amazon deliveries despite zero protection. Im talking nothing, nada. No bubble packets. No crumpled paper. Nothing but a hope and a prayer from Amazon that someone will be gentle with their packaging. The only reason I can get mostly ok deliveries is that the packages themselves are pristine. Im not saying Amazon should rely on packages being babied. I 100 % agree they should package stuff better

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have gotten many hardcovers through amazon and have never really had any issues. I see people on here that run into it and I am always surprised as I cannot think of anything that was destroyed when I got it. I have had issues with items arriving on time, but they are usually good at giving you a refund on it. Ordered new Mario and it did not arrive got full refund and could keep the game.
    Pretty much the same for me. Almost all of the Hardcover manga I own has come from amazon in perfect condition, and the few super discounted omnibus I've order from them have been perfect as well. I have more issue with them using the wrong size box or mailer for softcover and novels I buy. Oddly enough, I had the same issue with ordering the new Mario as well lol.

Got the replacement order for my Akira Box set filed, had to call amazon because one of the other book orders that came in was literally an empty mailer that was scanned and sent to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Pretty much the same for me. Almost all of the Hardcover manga I own has come from amazon in perfect condition, and the few super discounted omnibus I've order from them have been perfect as well. I have more issue with them using the wrong size box or mailer for softcover and novels I buy. Oddly enough, I had the same issue with ordering the new Mario as well lol.

Got the replacement order for my Akira Box set filed, had to call amazon because one of the other book orders that came in was literally an empty mailer that was scanned and sent to me.
    Yeah my buddy had an issue with Mario also so looks like that was a pretty big mess up by them. How that happens in my area is beyond me amazon does the shipping from its own warehouse so no excuses of having to use 3rd party for delivery. Glad to see you getting it replaced they screwed up big time on packing or handling the box set.

All-New Member

after hearing all these amazon horror stories I have decided to cancel my AKIRA BOXSET order........... and wait for instocktrades to get there supply.