Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

New manga Tuesday. Trying out Animal Land for the author (Makoto Raiku did Zatch Bell) and Die Wergelder for the art (Hiroaki Samura). Might give Blade of the Immortal I try if I really like Die.
    20151229_131513[1].jpg

Quote Originally Posted by downinthezero View Post
    I've been interested in this, would you be able to snap a few photos of this and post them?
    IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2045.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    http://the9thblog.blogspot.com/

A blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art.

One more
    IMG_2041.jpg
    http://the9thblog.blogspot.com/

A blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    It seems Lone Wolf And Cub omnibus volume 3 has gone from amazon, speedyhen, wordery etc. Have I missed out just as I've started to get in to it or will it be replenished?

The first two have been equalled all my favourite books in story and art so far.
    Its still in stock on us amazon, B&N and others, so I'd say just wait for a restock or pick an amazon seller that has a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Not read much manga, the first few issues if Battle Royal and the odd book here and there, would be interested in some recommendations.
    Did you like Battle Royal and what were some of those odd books? Bakuman, Full Metal Alchemist, Vinland Saga, and Death Note (Black Edition, cheap slightly larger 2-in-1s) are all really great.

It's gone on amazon and the only sellers that have it are from the US, I'm in the UK. Are these things kept in print generally? I'll continue without volume 3 if I have to but what a kick in the shin that'd be lol

It's gone on amazon and the only sellers that have it are from the US, I'm in the UK. Are these things kept in print generally? I'll continue without volume 3 if I have to but what a kick in the shin that'd be lol
    I'm not really sure how Dark Horse does with keeping manga in print. Is the 3rd option on this list overpriced? It ships from the UK.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...1447956&sr=8-6

Fantastic Member

if you only want it from the UK, one UK seller at abebooks.co.uk has a couple of copies (allegedly new) but the price is about 16 quid, i'm not sure if that's reasonable. if you decide on it anyway, here's a 10% off voucher - E99KH5 (saves up to £10, expires tomorrow). not much, but better than nothing i guess.

Cheers guys. I got the first two for about a tenner so I'll wait another couple of days and see what happens. I can't go spending an extra £6-8 on each volume when there's going to be about 14 in total ha ha

Fantastic Member

Cheers guys. I got the first two for about a tenner so I'll wait another couple of days and see what happens. I can't go spending an extra £6-8 on each volume when there's going to be about 14 in total ha ha
    i hear you
    by the way, i know it's not the UK, but all ten volumes of it are available on TFAW for 11.99 bucks (except for 9 and 10, which are 17.99), and there are also nick & dent copies of volumes 3 and 5 there for 9.99.

Spectacular Member

I just finished reading Akira. For Manga fans or even fans of Sci fi this is a must read. The set up is incredible and the last 2 volumes are seriously non stop action, I've never read anything like it.

Even if you have seen the anime you really have to read these books I can't recommend them highly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinBo37 View Post
    I just finished reading Akira. For Manga fans or even fans of Sci fi this is a must read. The set up is incredible and the last 2 volumes are seriously non stop action, I've never read anything like it.

Even if you have seen the anime you really have to read these books I can't recommend them highly enough.
    Must agree here. Read Akira sometime back but I was amazed at how much was not in the movie like the extra things Tetsuro did and that really big thing that happened in the middle.

And to segway to another movie with an even better manga adaptation:

There is just soo much more in here than the movie and the story feels so much more complete.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Anyone know what the cheapest way of getting the Berserk volumes is? It's quite a long run and I've buying em one by one on IST, which isn't bad, but I'd rather just get them in lots at a discounted price.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone know what the cheapest way of getting the Berserk volumes is? It's quite a long run and I've buying em one by one on IST, which isn't bad, but I'd rather just get them in lots at a discounted price.
    IST will usually have the cheapest price for Dark Horse. Only other way I get cheaper than that is pre-ordering on amazon, and the price randomly dropping.

This rightstuf does do bulk sales but I'm not sure how frequently they do them http://www.rightstufanime.com/
    Last edited by SkyMason21; 01-03-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    IST will usually have the cheapest price for Dark Horse. Only other way I get cheaper than that is pre-ordering on amazon, and the price randomly dropping.

This rightstuf does do bulk sales but I'm not sure how frequently they do them http://www.rightstufanime.com/
    I think they actually did bulk sales for Berserk, 10 volumes in a lot, sometime last year. Beating myself up for not buying them then.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Must agree here. Read Akira sometime back but I was amazed at how much was not in the movie like the extra things Tetsuro did and that really big thing that happened in the middle.

And to segway to another movie with an even better manga adaptation:

There is just soo much more in here than the movie and the story feels so much more complete.
    Yes I got this for Christmas (the hardback slipcover set) but havent read it yet, I am really looking forward to it.