Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Kodansha USA announced 35th Anniversary Hardcover set for Akria in 2017 http://kodanshacomics.tumblr.com/pos...nt-1-akira-the

Kodansha also announced Vinland Saga Book 8 for Fall 2016 http://kodanshacomics.tumblr.com/pos...2-vinland-saga
    For Akira I'll get the italian edition... but I'm happy to know Kodansha is going to publish other Vinland Saga volumes!

Kadokawa purchases 51% stake in Yen Press http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-press/.100934

Hopefully Yen Press still licenses out from other companies, but this almost guarantees Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased Anime) will get brought over so I'm excited.

Vertical is doing its 2016 Licensing Survey http://vertical-inc.tumblr.com/post/...censing-survey

Are there plans for any new editions of Dragon Ball ?

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    Are there plans for any new editions of Dragon Ball ?
    Newest editions of Dragon Ball are the 3-in-1s that have been coming out (Not the Viz Big Editions) and are suppose to be the first uncensored release of the series. I've heard conflicting things about this and I'm not 100% sure the entire series is uncensored. Apparently all the Dragon Ball material is uncensored outside of the initial print run that was mistakenly censored. But everything Saiyan Saga and up is censored like every other Viz release of the series.

Newest release of Dragon Ball Z are the full color editions for the Freeza Saga that started last week http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Fu...l+z+full+color. They are just about the same size as TPB, so it's the largest format available.

Newest editions of Dragon Ball are the 3-in-1s that have been coming out (Not the Viz Big Editions) and are suppose to be the first uncensored release of the series. I've heard conflicting things about this and I'm not 100% sure the entire series is uncensored. Apparently all the Dragon Ball material is uncensored outside of the initial print run that was mistakenly censored. But everything Saiyan Saga and up is censored like every other Viz release of the series.

Newest release of Dragon Ball Z are the full color editions for the Freeza Saga that started last week http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Fu...l+z+full+color. They are just about the same size as TPB, so it's the largest format available.
    Thanks for that.

Are the 3-in-1 editions bigger than Viz Big ones ?

Do they plan to collect all DBZ in colour ?

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    Thanks for that.

Are the 3-in-1 editions bigger than Viz Big ones ?

Do they plan to collect all DBZ in colour ?
    No, they are the smaller standard size for Viz (5 x 7.5).

The Full Color editions cover all of DBZ, I'm just not sure how long Viz is going to take to release them. Until these Freeza Saga books, it had been 2 years since Viz released the 3 Color Editions that covered the Saiyan Saga. Right now all 5 volumes covering the Freeza Saga are listed on amazon (They release every 2 months from May until January 2017). If/when I see the listing for the Cell Saga I'll post the link here.

No, they are the smaller standard size for Viz (5 x 7.5).

The Full Color editions cover all of DBZ, I'm just not sure how long Viz is going to take to release them. Until these Freeza Saga books, it had been 2 years since Viz released the 3 Color Editions that covered the Saiyan Saga. Right now all 5 volumes covering the Freeza Saga are listed on amazon (They release every 2 months from May until January 2017). If/when I see the listing for the Cell Saga I'll post the link here.
    Many thanks, SkyMason21; appreciate it.

Incredible Member

Kodansha USA announced 35th Anniversary Hardcover set for Akria in 2017 http://kodanshacomics.tumblr.com/pos...nt-1-akira-the

Kodansha also announced Vinland Saga Book 8 for Fall 2016 http://kodanshacomics.tumblr.com/pos...2-vinland-saga
    lol. I came here to ask if Akira would ever see a HC set in its entirety. I don't care how much it is, I'm getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    lol. I came here to ask if Akira would ever see a HC set in its entirety. I don't care how much it is, I'm getting it.
    I've never read Akira but that set is pretty much the easiest way to convince me to try it. I always hesitated on starting it because I prefer not to buy filpped manga and I generally avoid censored series.

Kodansha USA recently mentioned they were looking into releasing an uncut version of Ghost in the Shell, so now I'm holding off on that getting that and hoping for a similar OHC set to this Akira release.

Incredible Member

I've never read Akira but that set is pretty much the easiest way to convince me to try it. I always hesitated on starting it because I prefer not to buy filpped manga and I generally avoid censored series.

Kodansha USA recently mentioned they were looking into releasing an uncut version of Ghost in the Shell, so now I'm holding off on that getting that and hoping for a similar OHC set to this Akira release.
    I don't own a lot of Manga. I think I only really have the two Highschool of the Dead HC colored editions. (I think I sold or gave away anything else I had). But I've always held off on Akira because I wanted something like this, so I'm glad it's being released. I'd like to get an uncut version of Ghost in the Shell too.

All-New Member

Hello everyone

I normally buy single issues. But some series only get released in omnibus editions and I'm a little hesitant, because sometimes you get a crease one the spine of a softcover book. Does anyone know which omnibus manga volumes are good quality and do not have this problem? Currently interested in Witch Buster, Monster Perfect Edition, Planetes and I am a hero.

Recommendations are always welcome

ps: I heard that they are collecting the Baccano! light novels in hardcover format (I believe it's by Yen Press)

Same boat, I know nothing about it but I think I'm going to go for the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Hello everyone

I normally buy single issues. But some series only get released in omnibus editions and I'm a little hesitant, because sometimes you get a crease one the spine of a softcover book. Does anyone know which omnibus manga volumes are good quality and do not have this problem? Currently interested in Witch Buster, Monster Perfect Edition, Planetes and I am a hero.

ps: I heard that they are collecting the Baccano! light novels in hardcover format (I believe it's by Yen Press)
    What kinda series are you looking for? I have 7 omni at the moment and they were great when they came in.

3-Negima omni from Kodansha.
    3-Neon Genesis Evangelion omni from Viz Media
    1-Ah My Goddess from Dark Horse.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Hello everyone

20160512_221005[1].jpg

I have 20 + omnibus editions from Viz, Kodansha, Vertical, Seven Seas, Dark Horse, and Yen Press, and I've had zero creasing issues so far. So I'd say don't hesitate to try an omnibus series, quality for me has been good from all publishers I've tried. Of the omnibus editons I've picked up I'd recommend Tokyo ESP, I am a Hero, Ubel Blatt, and Die Wergelder.