BANNED

Default Did you like the "Loners" mini series?

With writer C. B. Cebulski and artist Karl Moline, Loners is a 6-issue miniseries released on January of 2008. The team consist of Rick Jones as the sponsor and original members: Darkhawk, Green Goblin (Phil Urich), Lightspeed, Ricochet, Turbo and Geoffrey Wilder. As the story succeeded, three more characters were added to the team: Hollow , Namie and Spider-Woman (Mattie Franklin).

The reason I want to get this on TPB is because I am a huge fan of Darkhawk and Hollow (previously known as Penance of Generation X)

But I would like to know. Is the series actually good? Is it worth getting the book?

Oh man. I wanted to like this so much.

It... had it's strengths. There were good ideas. Obviously I was there for Ricochet, and I was pretty okay with his characterization. I liked him teaming up with Mattie Franklin, the hint of Dusk (which I hope gets followed up on soon), and Darkhawk's rage problems were, I thought, an interesting development.

But it kinda failed as a cohesive and finite series. Plotlines didn't really lead anywhere - for anyone!

-Pav, who is glad Phil was salvaged...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Second Pav. It has good characters, nice premises, but nothing important or cehesive plost-wise really comes out of it, other than Julie Power being pansexual.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

It actually had a backdoor pilot as part of Runaways volume 2. This book should also be of interest to fans of the New Warriors (because of Darkhawk and Turbo).

BANNED

I liked it. It spun out of Civil War and dealt with "those" issues, but the story was otherwise likely never meant to have any lasting impact.

Incredible Member

I read this monthly and liked it, it had some fanboy moments with Darkhawk and a few other characters.
    Reading it after this team was established in Runaways, its not exactly what I would've wanted the book to be. Been awhile since I read it and the writing wasn't perfect, but still enjoyable.