Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    This. Trying to go back to Savage Hulk after Pak's run is ridiculous.
    Wholeheartedly agreed. Even Aaron's less than desirable run gave hulk some level of intelligence and more or less kept the level of consistency of Pak's run in regards to Hulk's overall intelligence. But Waid just made Hulk be a grunting monster who can barely speak words.

Not saying we need a Professor Hulk, though it could seem with extremis and how things might turn out for The Omega Hulk - we'll surely see a much smarter Hulk than used to quite awhile? I'm guessing it will be a step up from Waid's Hulk. Something where he can at least complete full sentences would be a step back to the correct direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by a2542 View Post
    Wholeheartedly agreed. Even Aaron's less than desirable run gave hulk some level of intelligence and more or less kept the level of consistency of Pak's run in regards to Hulk's overall intelligence. But Waid just made Hulk be a grunting monster who can barely speak words.

Not saying we need a Professor Hulk, though it could seem with extremis and how things might turn out for The Omega Hulk - we'll surely see a much smarter Hulk than used to quite awhile? I'm guessing it will be a step up from Waid's Hulk. Something where he can at least complete full sentences would be a step back to the correct direction.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

I mean even I question it all considering how Waid ended this run and had the Hulk's healing factor cut.
    When did this happen? Seems his healing factor is working great in Hulk #3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by a2542 View Post

But if Hulk gets his healing factor back again, I can see a war between Extremis and his Healing Factor, but I think the Hulk purges Extremis. So I don't think this lasts.

Amazing Member

That's pretty silly, considering Stark just spend a long time making sure no one had any Extremis at all... very out of character and inconsistent with his own comic. I really hate current Marvel sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire2099 View Post
    That's pretty silly, considering Stark just spend a long time making sure no one had any Extremis at all... very out of character and inconsistent with his own comic. I really hate current Marvel sometimes.
    Like how they forget that almost the exact same thing happened to Hulk and he healed up perfectly fine? The only problem was getting out the shrapnel in the first place, after he and Banner were good to go.

Hulk doesn't need some sort of Extremis power up to be interesting, he already has limitless power. Writers just need to write him as that instead of giant-green-idiot-who-is-kinda-strong-maybe.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone here want Dan Slott to become the next writer of the Hulk once his run on Spider-Man has ended?

BANNED

I just hope this leads us to a more powerful, cunning, dangerous, and intelligent Hulk again. Ever since Greg Pak left the series, I, and many others, have been starving for a great Hulk comic series. I mean, we've dealt with A LOT of mediocrity over the past 3 years. I just hope that Gerry Duggan will set the series and the character back on track again.

He's got his work cut out for him, especially after everything that Mark Waid has done to completely and utterly regress the character. I hope that he never, ever, ever returns to writing the Hulk again. That's something that we don't need.

If Gerry Duggan can make his Hulk run rival the likes of Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder in terms of story, scope, awesomeness, action, and worthy high-end threats/villains, I'll be more than satisfied. That's what we need. An epic Hulk comic series. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm just glad that we will be seeing Skaar and Lyra again, I feel they should have been used more seeing as how they are Hulk's kids.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-12-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Does anyone here want Dan Slott to become the next writer of the Hulk once his run on Spider-Man has ended?
    Leading to the Leader swapping places with the Hulk to become the Superior Hulk!

Right?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    The incomplete sentences "HULK SMASH" was fine in the 70s and 80s. After World War Hulk, it would seem like a step back IMO. I loved it when he was Green Scar; he had a lot of attitude.
    Meh. It's always back and forth with the Hulk. This really isn't any different. Some years he's smart; others he's dumber than dirt.

I can easily see the Hulk Healing Factor eventually killing the Extremis virus. So no worries yet.

If not, Hulk becomes god.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-12-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I haven't read the Hulk issues but originally Extremis was used to enhance a person based on what he wanted to program the Extremis to do. So you could have some powered super-soldier (Mallen) or at the start of Gillen's IM run there was a drug lord who was just using it to cure his daughter's terminal illness. Tony Stark modified it behind Maya Hansens back when he was nearly beaten to death to give him control over technology so he could speed up the control interface between him and his armour. Control of every other electronic device was secondary, although he made good use of it at the time.

What I can tell from Hulk vs. Iron Man Arno used it to rebuild Banner's mind, a side effect of which is he retains his Banner personality in Hulk form. I doubt he can control technology like Tony did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    The incomplete sentences "HULK SMASH" was fine in the 70s and 80s. After World War Hulk, it would seem like a step back IMO. I loved it when he was Green Scar; he had a lot of attitude.
    I just hope it will lead to a more consistent Hulk. Depending on the series/writer we've had different interpretations and intelligence levels since Pak left the book. I'd like to see him settle into one persona and stay there throughout all the books he appears in (which really should just be his own... doesn't belong on the Avengers).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm just glad that we will be seeing Skaar and Lyra again, I feel they should have been used more seeing as how they are Hulk's kids.
    That's because the current writer wasn't interested in using them at all, which can explain why they haven't been used all that much...

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Leading to the Leader swapping places with the Hulk to become the Superior Hulk!

Right?
    Slott did make the She-Huik famous again. Mayde he could the same for her cousin Bruce. Better yet, Slott could bring the Leader/Abomination into Spider-Man's world as part of his rogue galleries. Do you agree? The Rhino was once part of Hulk's rogue galleries as well. So it might be fair for Bruce Banner to be acquainted with Peter Parker through his cousin Jennifer Walters...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-13-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

They should have stayed with the PAD/Paul Jenkins "3 faces of Eve"/MPD Hulk.

That way you would always have classic dumb Hulk , Tough Guy Hulk and egotistic Banner Hulk available to the writers.

Banner never knowing what Hulk he is gonna turn into is almost as bad a problem as turning into a "Grrr" monster all the time.

And it has the advantage of possibly being funny. Send an Avengers call to Banner Hulk and Dumb Hulk shows
    up instead. Or Tough guy Hulk gets the call, and ignores it to go drinking instead.

I like the character of the Hulk a lot. I just haven't been able to enjoy the book since the Leob stuff.

Silly as heck, but at least I was entertained.