Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Dick & Damian are the 2 best. I like Tim Drake as Red Robin..well, I did until that New 52 stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    Let's stay away from massively rewriting characters origins and amalgamating characters to trim the line, if you want to trim the line there are far cleaner ways.
    Seriously
    Last edited by Aioros22; 12-29-2015 at 07:02 AM.

BANNED

Dick Grayson should never have been allowed to grow up. He should have stayed ten years old forever and saved DC continuity a LOT of headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I'd throw in Steph rather than cass for some color/upbeat pluckiness to balance out the trio, but I don't hate the idea in general
    Then the New DC animated movies are perfect for you. As for me, I love Jason, he's my first and favorite Robin (Under the Red Hood was my introduction to Batman comics). If DC even thought about leaving him out (again) from the comics, I'll stop reading them.

It's bad enough they left him out in the newest movies, the animated series, Young Justice, etc. I hope he shows up in the DC cinematic universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    A nice way to amalgamate the robins for ease would be to have had Dick Grayson be the first robin as normal, but he dated Steph Todd the spoiler, who became the second robin who died, and the reason that Damian came into the picture was that he seeded out Batman when he went off the rails following the death (aka, make Damian half Tim in backstory; make Steph half Jason in back story, and make Dick have some of Tim's social life).
    If you want to trim down the Robins, make Dick Grayson the first Robin, Jason the Robin who died, and Damian the blood son and new Robin.

Which is what they should've done for the reboot, and is what I'm hoping they'll do for the movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    If you want to trim down the Robins, make Dick Grayson the first Robin, Jason the Robin who died, and Damian the blood son and new Robin.

Which is what they should've done for the reboot, and is what I'm hoping they'll do for the movies.
    Sounds good to me. But isn't it looking like Carrie Kelly will be the movie Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Then the New DC animated movies are perfect for you. As for me, I love Jason, he's my first and favorite Robin (Under the Red Hood was my introduction to Batman comics). If DC even thought about leaving him out (again) from the comics, I'll stop reading them.

It's bad enough they left him out in the newest movies, the animated series, Young Justice, etc. I hope he shows up in the DC cinematic universe.
    The ones I've seen... can't say they've been perfect for me. I'm not entirely sure how you took "I'd add steph rather than Cass for some upbeat pluckiness" and turned it into the new movies being perfect for me. Ah, actually, I get it now. Cause no Tim and Jason. I actually like them both. I don't think Jason is really in danger of being cut out. It seems the Red Hood is a fairly popular character at DC. I also, unlike some people, think that Tim was Robin for too long to completely dismiss. Amalgamating Robins is a pretty bad idea.

I actually think the right thing to do would be to refine each former Robin (note that "refine" and "change" are very different) and then ship them out of Gotham to their own unique corner of the DC universe. Jason at the beginning of n52 was good. Tim was out of Gotham, but his character became quite bland. Grayson now is pretty great. I could just go for a slightly depopulated Gotham these days. I like the Batman world spinning out characters, I just want them to spin OUT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Sounds good to me. But isn't it looking like Carrie Kelly will be the movie Robin?
    I don't think we'll see a current Robin in BvS.

Malone could also be Barbara, or just a non-comic character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nieman View Post
    Dick & Damian are the 2 best. I like Tim Drake as Red Robin..well, I did until that New 52 stuff.
    they are the best becasue they compliment thier batman well