Default How's Harley Quinn?

My buddy nabbed me all of the issues up to last month plus the PowerGirl team up. What did anyone who is reading this think of the series thus far?

Extraordinary Member

Fun, don't worry about continuity

Fantastic Member

its great I love it

I'm still on the fence... despite having been picking the book up since #1. I think it's still my love of the original Harley that's keeping me on board, rather than the current title itself. Don't get me wrong, it's by no means a bad book, not at all. But it's not quite a very good book either.

The art's solid, the writing's OK and the dialogue is hit and miss. The latter of those is particularly surprising, given the writing team. It kinda feels like Palmiotti works better writing funny books for not usually funny characters. Because I loved his stuff back on Power Girl, and the current Starfire run is very reminiscent of that. On Harley though, the humour somehow feels more forced, often like it's trying too hard. Some of it works, for sure. But I'd still consider the two aforementioned books a lot wittier and with consistently better dialogue.

I like it
    If you don't really like a humorous book that has a lot of jokes then it might not be for you

I like it and hate it.
    I like it when Harley is solo with heroes and villains and friends popping up
    I hate this Harley team, just a bunch of bores dressed like Harley.
    Same reason why I dropped Deadpool and never got into We Are Robin.

As long as Team Harley is there, I am not
    but when Harley gets back to doing her thing solo with some friends dropping
    by, I will be there.

Couple of months ago I was reading Harley, Harley/PG and Starfire which is somewhat similar. I think its okay but I eventually dropped them because I think they have rather "been there done that" feel after couple of issues/arcs. Creative teams have found their niche, lots of people are enjoying it (if we would go by sale numbers), but I'd gladly take something new by now.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I like it and hate it.
    I like it when Harley is solo with heroes and villains and friends popping up
    I hate this Harley team, just a bunch of bores dressed like Harley.
    Same reason why I dropped Deadpool and never got into We Are Robin.

As long as Team Harley is there, I am not
    but when Harley gets back to doing her thing solo with some friends dropping
    by, I will be there.
    We are Robin is surprisingly enjoyable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Couple of months ago I was reading Harley, Harley/PG and Starfire which is somewhat similar. I think its okay but I eventually dropped them because I think they have rather "been there done that" feel after couple of issues/arcs. Creative teams have found their niche, lots of people are enjoying it (if we would go by sale numbers), but I'd gladly take something new by now.
    So it's got a Starfire vibe eh, I'll read it.

What's the story with "Harley's Little Black Book" ? I know it's some sort of issue, but why is it on the covers of other DC titles in December?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
    What's the story with "Harley's Little Black Book" ? I know it's some sort of issue, but why is it on the covers of other DC titles in December?
    2nd ongoing
    all the covers are to promote it
    It comes out every two months