1bulma1

Default Am I the only ones who found the Rogue/Gambit pairing in the cartoon very annoying.

I am just having a nostalgia factor at the moment with the release of DOFP, so I am watching some of the xmen's old cartoon and I got to say I hate the rogue and gambit relationship in that cartoon it was extremely annoying and childish. gambit kind of irritated me with him always speaking in third person, I also hated the fact that he was more of a comic relief to the show than the actual dark and complex character he could be as we saw in the later cartoon series.

I also found rogue at times irritating, she whined a lot. I also found it annoying how she always seemed to insult gambit every chance she got, it only made me not take their relationship seriously. Rogue and gambit in X-Men TAS where completely childish.

I am not even sure rogue was actually in love with gambit, the only reason why she seem to care about him was because he was the only one that showed her any affection. a perfect example is when Cody came back in the episode love in vain. rogue basically dumb and treated gambit like crap for a guy she has not even spoken to in years all because the guy said he could touch her.

I felt like overall the rogue and gambit relationship was there for comic relief. their relationship lacked the seriousness or commitment like the scott and jean relationship had in the cartoons.

it amazing me to this day how many fans seemed to like their relationship in Xmen The animated series. am sorry but I prefer how their relationship was portrayed in xmen evolution a lot better.
    Last edited by 1bulma1; 06-15-2014 at 02:07 PM.

You are not the only one. It definitely was something that got more annoying the older i got and the more aware I became of how Rogue has been frequently portrayed as a virginal prize because her mutant condition and Gambit has always been portrayed as a playboy and slut.

I think when i was a kid I kind of understood Rogue's reluctance and fear of being with Gambit, which i guess gave their relationship complexity other found relatable. But I always felt Rogue was better off single and loved her strong bond with Storm. Also, Gambit was such a flirt, who needed constant admiration from women, that I wondered how much of Rogue he liked or how much of it was the chase. But there were times when he proved he was worthy of someone like Rogue. So I can appreciate some of their more sweeter moments, but then the comic books ran with Gambit as this Pepe Le Pew character with Rogue as the white streaked cat that he would chase til she gave in. And that is the dynamic which I blame for making me dislike two characters I once adored and didn't mind together.

The last time i enjoyed them being on the same page was in Gambit's solo as they worked together to help Joelle. It felt they had reached a friendship that was finally healthy and mature. I hope we can see that again when Rogue comes back to the land of the living.
    Last edited by Darkholder; 06-15-2014 at 01:12 PM.