Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Was anyone able to tell which versions of Jor-El and Lara the statue at the fortress resembled the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    It's already been cut down to 8 issues.

Dammit when did this happen? Is that confirmed?

It was announced a couple weeks ago, I think. And yeah its confirmed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Dammit when did this happen? Is that confirmed?
    https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/st...80335498428416

Completely off-topic, but while retrieving this tweet I took a look at Jurgens twitter feed and saw him taking shots at the new Star Wars. That was random.

He writes remakes of his old Superman stories all the time, so I don't see what his beef is.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Good issue, I like how Superman made his own makeshift Fortress of Solitude. Might wanna give it a cool name.

Yeah I don't get the Blanque menace thing. A telepath/telekinetic? That's pretty vanilla, with or without massive murder. So he's Manchester Black if he was a serial killer. At least Black had a helluva signature attack (his "Telekinetic Stroke of Death").

Althrough the next issue might go somewhere interesting. I think Blanque here is far more interesting as a possible tool of Henshaw's fall into super-villany in this universe countering Superman's attempt to steer this Henshaw right. As it is, Henshaw is pretty much a confused mind-puppet. Reminds of The Tomorrow Memory (also written by Jurgens, non?) in Booster Gold's title - Booster Gold being shocked by how Henshaw (seen to history as a murderous, genocidal monster) used to be just a normal, decent fella.

Also, was I the only one who thought for a moment that when Henshaw rose up and Superman started to hear Blanque talking to him, that it was actually Pre-Flashpoint Henshaw who somebody ended up in his alternate's body?

I wonder if we're going to find out what happened with Henshaw's crew. Would be a funny subversion to "New52 is a dark place!" if they get a Fantastic Four-ish happy ending where everyone ends up alive, happy and super-powered.

https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/st...80335498428416

Completely off-topic, but while retrieving this tweet I took a look at Jurgens twitter feed and saw him taking shots at the new Star Wars. That was random.
    So its confirmed that this mini being shorted is because Dan Jurgens criticized the new Star Wars?

Clearly, to shorten this mini to eight issues is the work of the Darkseid of the Force.
    But we should not feel angry about that, for that path leads to the Darkseid.

The “Triangle Era” feel of the book is a feature as far as I'm concerned; I particularly like the genuineness of the White family dynamics. I'll admit that the super-action feels weak, though.

For me, Jon is the main draw of the title. I'm hoping that by the time this series concludes, his powers will have manifested and he'll be in a position to move into the spotlight as the newest Superboy, maybe even with his own title. Hopefully without orphaning him — not only would that be a horrid thing to do to Lois and Clark, but one of the things I like so much about Jon White is that he is part of a well-adjusted family.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Was anyone able to tell which versions of Jor-El and Lara the statue at the fortress resembled the most?
    No, and that might be on purpose. Weeks may have just figured "$#&%^ it! He's been rebooted so many times, nobody'll care at this point! He's not even canon anymore anyway!" Though to me Jor-El looked a little like the Birthright version! But who knows. I think it's just supposed to be a generic version of the characters.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The “Triangle Era” feel of the book is a feature as far as I'm concerned; I particularly like the genuineness of the White family dynamics. I'll admit that the super-action feels weak, though.

For me, Jon is the main draw of the title. I'm hoping that by the time this series concludes, his powers will have manifested and he'll be in a position to move into the spotlight as the newest Superboy, maybe even with his own title. Hopefully without orphaning him — not only would that be a horrid thing to do to Lois and Clark, but one of the things I like so much about Jon White is that he is part of a well-adjusted family.
    That's something I've kind of wondered about. If they've cut this series short, did they have to change the fate of the family too? Did they go from getting their own universe to him losing his powers and them getting stuck on this Earth with Jon filling in some Superboy type role. Though given his young age, it seems unlikely he'd get upgraded so quickly. Especially with the future of the Teen Titans up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    The two things that make this book work so well for me:

- Superman and Lois feel authentic. They act and speak like the characters I read for years, and adding their son brings something new to the table for the characters. And they aren't frozen in the typical Superman status quo, their story has been advanced.
    - As much as I dislike the New 52, it makes a nice backdrop. Pitting old familiar characters against this new world is making for a good story, and one that we haven't seen before.

I'm glad they explained what happened to Henshaw, and things definitely are moving quickly to some kind of destruction of this quiet life Clark and Lois have made for themselves. Blanque's recognition of Superman ("Who are you anyway? His older brother? A cousin?") is bound to pay off down the line.
    This is one of my favorite titles and you nailed a major reason why: "Superman and Lois feel authentic." And to my surprise, I actually enjoy seeing them on New 52 Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That's something I've kind of wondered about. If they've cut this series short, did they have to change the fate of the family too? Did they go from getting their own universe to him losing his powers and them getting stuck on this Earth with Jon filling in some Superboy type role. Though given his young age, it seems unlikely he'd get upgraded so quickly. Especially with the future of the Teen Titans up in the air.
    Jon's not much younger than Damien Wayne and older than Maxine Bunker, the current Avatar of the Red (Animal Man's daughter). And the new Wally West isn't much older than Damien.

These four could, in theory, end up being the cornerstone of a whole new generation, just like Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Bart Allen, and Cassie Sandsmark were the cornerstone of the Young Justice generation.

Given how poorly the Titans and YJ generations have been handled, I think at this point I'd welcome a new batch of faces. So I totally support the idea of Jon becoming the new Superboy. I mean, hell, why not? Power Girl was a survivor from a previous continuity, no real reason why Superdad and his family cant be survivors of their's.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Jon's not much younger than Damien Wayne and older than Maxine Bunker, the current Avatar of the Red (Animal Man's daughter). And the new Wally West isn't much older than Damien.

These four could, in theory, end up being the cornerstone of a whole new generation, just like Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Bart Allen, and Cassie Sandsmark were the cornerstone of the Young Justice generation.

Given how poorly the Titans and YJ generations have been handled, I think at this point I'd welcome a new batch of faces. So I totally support the idea of Jon becoming the new Superboy. I mean, hell, why not? Power Girl was a survivor from a previous continuity, no real reason why Superdad and his family cant be survivors of their's.
    This. And there are a few others, I think.

One thing about such a team that I'd like to see is Damian and Jon. Traditionally, the Super character has been the muscle and the Bat character is the detective; but Damian has been shown to be a combat monster, with the detective stuff being something he struggles with, while Jon is every bit Lois' son as he is Clark's — his brains and inquisitiveness have been something his parents aren't prepared to deal with.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I think this would be a huge mistake.

Superboy being a clone of Superman by the government/Lex Corp has so much rich drama to it.

You could always do the “Robin” thing (Dick Grayson became Nightwing; Jason Todd became Red Hood; Tim Drake became Red Robin) and have Kon-El take on a new identity to make way for Jon White becoming Superboy. OTOH, the New 52 Superboy has been handled so poorly that it might be an act of mercy to just discontinue him for a while.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Honestly that could fix the Teen Titans. Superboy, Kid Flash, and Robin maybe one or two more new heroes sound pretty great actually.