Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Decades? Supergirl's public debut dates back to 1962, just less than three years after her creation. Silver Age Superman is not bad as a person unless your name is Lois or Lana.
    Was it only a few years? My mistake. I wonder how I got it into my head that it was so much longer....?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to Jurgens, Clark waits for the right time to talk to her:

Why would Clark lie to Lois about Henshaw?

I don’t think “lie” is the word to use. As much as anything, their lives just took a remarkable turn with their identities and presence almost being revealed, which is an incredibly traumatic thing for them. Henshaw arriving alone would only add to the stress of it all.

It’s more like, “We’ll get into tall that when the time is right.” Especially since Clark doesn’t have answers right now anyway.
    But that ignores the imprisonment of Blanque and the others - something which, three issues in, Lois would have mentioned, especially considering she specifically mentioned how Clark had dealt with Shockwave (and his armour) when he had first started getting involved in the world.

(With respect to Jurgens,) "lie" is the right word to use, even if Clark (or Jurgens, here) believes it's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    But that ignores the imprisonment of Blanque and the others - something which, three issues in, Lois would have mentioned, especially considering she specifically mentioned how Clark had dealt with Shockwave (and his armour) when he had first started getting involved in the world.

(With respect to Jurgens,) "lie" is the right word to use, even if Clark (or Jurgens, here) believes it's the right thing to do.
    Didn't the Blanque stuff happen in the past? How are you so sure Lois doesn't know about him? At the moment, she seems to just be in the dark about Henshaw. I agree that it is a lie, and Jurgens is mistaken not to use that term, but I'll reserve judgment about the extent of the deception until we know more.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Didn't the Blanque stuff happen in the past? How are you so sure Lois doesn't know about him?
    Shockwave was in the past, too, but she knew about him. From what

At the moment, she seems to just be in the dark about Henshaw. I agree that it is a lie, and Jurgens is mistaken not to use that term, but I'll reserve judgment about the extent of the deception until we know more.
    I'm trying to reserve judgment, too, and I accept that we have folding chronologies - jumping from the past and then carrying on in the present - and that there's a 'things will come back to bite you' element in this story, but it looks like she's in the dark about more than just Henshaw (that, or this is all being made up as they (Jurgens et al) go along...or things have changed).

Also, what's up with the repeats in issues 2 and 3 with Lois asking about Excalibur - first at night, when Jon's supposed to be asleep, and then, again, when it's time for school?

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    I'm trying to reserve judgment, too, and I accept that we have folding chronologies - jumping from the past and then carrying on in the present - and that there's a 'things will come back to bite you' element in this story, but it looks like she's in the dark about more than just Henshaw (that, or this is all being made up as they (Jurgens et al) go along...or things have changed).
    I'm not discounting the possibility that Lois is in the dark about more than just Henshaw, but I just don't think there's any evidence to support that reading so far. We know Clark lied about Henshaw, but that's about it.

Also, what's up with the repeats in issues 2 and 3 with Lois asking about Excalibur - first at night, when Jon's supposed to be asleep, and then, again, when it's time for school?
    I noticed that, too. Seems like an editorial oversight.

Fantastic Member

Lois and Clark is the most fun I've had since the so-called New 52 rolled out four years back...It would be nice if this eight issues would turn into a regular ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Lois and Clark is the most fun I've had since the so-called New 52 rolled out four years back...It would be nice if this eight issues would turn into a regular ongoing.
    I agree. This is one of my favorite titles currently in print.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I agree. This is one of my favorite titles currently in print.
    Ditto. This may actually be my favorite DC book at the moment. It just feels like Superman.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Perhaps this book continues with a new #1 after the original new 52 titles get to issue #52? BLEEDING COOL reported that there might be another relaunch around the corner coinciding with that anniversary where a lot of existing titles get new #1's or get renamed.

I hope that the book continues in some form. I've missed these versions of Lois and Clark and it would be a shame to lose them again.

Really loving this. I'm so glad it's here for us to enjoy.