Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Morning Glories #49

PART ONE OF THE TWO-PART SEASON FINALE! "The Election."

Full preview here.

Oh man, this season finale is off to a crazy start. After dozens of issues focusing on just one character at a time, finally every single story is coming together and colliding from all directions. If anyone was taking a break from this book and waiting for them to get their shite together before getting caught up, this is the time to get caught up!!!!
    #50 isn't the final issue, right? Just the ending of their "season 2"? We're getting a season 3 that ends at issue #75? Honestly, I'm sort of tired of it, despite it getting good again now. I wouldn't mind them doing something crazy and ending here on a high note.
    Also we finally met the Headmaster!!!! Thank goodness for the MGA article at the end of each issue or I would have had no clue who the dude even was. I wouldn't be able to read this comic without those essays reminding us of all the small details hidden in previous issues.

Amazing Member

Yeah, I'm all for the Headmaster being someone different than what people were expecting, but I had no clue who that was either. I thought it was Casey's father at first.

This book demands rereads and I haven't done that since #30 or so. I feel lost a lot because of that, I read 50+ titles a month in addition to many other things so it's hard to keep all the details straight.

One point though, is it just me, or is the art getting worse? Some of their faces are just terrible looking, particularly their noses. I seem to remember the art getting better as the series went on but somewhere in the last 10-15 issues it took a turn for the worse.