Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Did anyone else see that first page and think GANKE: AGENT OF SHIELD? Because that would be awesome.

Not super thrilled about Norman coming back, though. For a lot of reasons, really (dead means dead isn't one of them), but mostly just because he was Peter's Big Bad. Miles doesn't need him. And if Miles beats him for good, what does that say about Peter?

But the preview looks like a good start to this new volume. Great art, as usual, and the dialogue isn't too bad in these pages.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Nice preview. Really looking forward to checking out a series about Miles.

Can anyone tell me how long Bendis has been on Ultimate Spider-Man? I hear he's been on it since the start of the Ultimate Universe, so I wasn't sure if it was true.
    He has been.

The (Peter Parker) Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty good at first, got pretty boring, and then got quite a bit better as he started to ramp up to the Miles Morales switch. It's all a really quick read in spite of the sheer number of issues, so if money isn't a concern and you like Bendis, you might as well read all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamylon View Post
    He has been.

The (Peter Parker) Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty good at first, got pretty boring, and then got quite a bit better as he started to ramp up to the Miles Morales switch. It's all a really quick read in spite of the sheer number of issues, so if money isn't a concern and you like Bendis, you might as well read all of it.
    Are there any arcs worth checking out under Peter as Ultimate Spiderman? I've already read Death of Spiderman, and Spider-Men.

Nice preview. Really looking forward to checking out a series about Miles.

Can anyone tell me how long Bendis has been on Ultimate Spider-Man? I hear he's been on it since the start of the Ultimate Universe, so I wasn't sure if it was true.
    That is correct. The very first Ultimate book was Ultimate Spider-Man #1 in September 2000

BANNED

Is that Alain Chabat in your avatar ?

Another good book that I would recommend picking up is the original run of Ultimate X-Men and Fantastic Four. All of that stuff was really great, and certainly worth a look if you ever get the chance.

BANNED

Pretty lame to have Norman Osborn back again, when you could have get Harry back or create a brand new Goblin if you truly need one.

Miles' had his own Venom, we don't need Norman!

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Did anyone else see that first page and think GANKE: AGENT OF SHIELD? Because that would be awesome.

Not super thrilled about Norman coming back, though. For a lot of reasons, really (dead means dead isn't one of them), but mostly just because he was Peter's Big Bad. Miles doesn't need him. And if Miles beats him for good, what does that say about Peter?

But the preview looks like a good start to this new volume. Great art, as usual, and the dialogue isn't too bad in these pages.
    Hahaha yeah. Is he related to Ganke, I'm not sure if we've seen his parents

All-New Member

Are there any arcs worth checking out under Peter as Ultimate Spiderman? I've already read Death of Spiderman, and Spider-Men.
    The early issues or are all really solid; my favorites from that period are "Learning Curve" and "Legacy," the first Kingpin and second Green Goblin stories.

I also really liked the beginning of the first relaunch, which are collected as "the World According to Peter Parker" and "Chameleons." These have a very different feel, with a large, mostly superhero-y cast. David Lafuente's art is perfect for U. Peter Parker, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Agemoi View Post
    Here's ultimate! Im so scared, everything is gone

the new Ultimate Future Foundation #1? If so, I personally didn't think so. I dig Fialkov's writing, always have, but I found the art and color palette absolutely off-putting. That, and it seems the UU is playing hard and fast with the dead means dead business.

Hey, its a new start. Technically its the first time I've brought this up hahaha
    according to http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...-for-july-2014 ANDRÉ ARAÚJO will do the art on UFF 4 & 5

BANNED

I would have thought Uncle Aaron would have made a great big bad for Miles over Norman but he's been taken off the board, maybe Norman creates a new big bad?

Just throwing out ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    I read all new x-men till battle of the atom and just find it avarage just don't care for the premise or the characters.

Yeah would have loved to see what spencer would have done with the whole apocalypse thing.
    Ah I hear ya. Battle of the Atom was pretty bland, i must admit. But hey, different strokes. I think it finally found its fun footing the last handful of issues. But I guess after 2 years that took a bit too long huh? haha

And yep, the apocalypse tease never being brought up again is just maddening. Thats HUGE! You don't just reintroduce apocalypse and move on! I hope this year some fans at upcoming cons grill the editors/writers about some of these. One can hope eh?

I agree with pretty much all of this. Miles doesn't need the Green Goblin. Also, besides from that guy looking like ganke, that other dude there looks like Miles, too.
    "A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

Firstly: Thanks for makin the thread, Plawsky! I almost had a heart attack re-registerting today. I thought my long critique of Raimi's spiderman films got my banned! hahaha

Secondly: I thought that dude looked a lot like Ganke… maybe its his dad? I don't remember hearing much about his family.

Thirdly: And yes, this has been a growing concern of mine with Miles as a new spidey. It took the better part of 1.5 years for him to grow on me, and they've barely been building his rogues gallery. They had an interesting conflict with his uncle that could go on for ages, yet they just kill him off. Alright? And now we're bringing back Peter's rogues and his supporting cast more often. It just feels more and more that he's living in Peter's shadow- like marvel wants to have it both ways.

But i doubt Miles beats him for good. A bullet to the head and an exploding truck couldn't do him in. I highly doubt Miles can. Unless of course his venom strike is Osborn's ultimate weakness! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Pretty lame to have Norman Osborn back again, when you could have get Harry back or create a brand new Goblin if you truly need one.

Miles' had his own Venom, we don't need Norman!
    And yep, just as i said to Plawksy, its like they want Miles to live in Pete's shadow. Miles can never be his own man if there are constant allusions to Peter and his rogues. It just makes me miss Peter, honestly. And that fact is also not fair to Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    according to http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...-for-july-2014 ANDRÉ ARAÚJO will do the art on UFF 4 & 5
    Yep saw that too, thats why I'm going to try to stick with the book. I can't recommend it to anyone after the first issue if they're mixed on buying it or not, but I can see the book finding a better identity with a clearer art direction in the coming months.

Completely agree. But this move also shows Marvel's lack of commitment to Miles as a character, he has barely his own supporting cast, apart from the occasional appearance anyone but Jessica and JJJ doesn't really belong to Miles' supporting cast. Now the only villain that are his who are still alive is Roxxon, and Roxxon is more of a All-New Ultimates villain.