Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Thor and Captain America are my all time favorite Ultimizations and my favorite Marvel characters, especially Mark Millar's Captain America. Captain America had the best one-liners, he was tough, he was a leader, he was a passionate man who did the right thing. Thor, not only did Millar ensure there was a new religion/cult for him, was also a very proactive person in helping the whole world in general.

I just took a look at the June/July solits. We get two issues of Spider-man and his ultimate friends in june and two UFF in july. That's awesome !

Whats a good ultimate mini ? already read wolverine vs hulk, wolverine and thor.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Whats a good ultimate mini ? already read wolverine vs hulk, wolverine and thor.
    Anything by Warren Ellis.

Ultimate six is really good. Edit: It's an action packed book with spidey and the ultimates against spidey's greatest villains
    Last edited by Rok; 05-03-2014 at 11:14 AM.

What happened to the Ultimate Marvel reading order?

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norm3 View Post
    They rebooted the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by norm3 View Post
    It's the 2nd post in this thread

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    It's the 2nd post in this thread
    The Rok has spoken.

BANNED

Ultimate Iron Man minis by Warren Ellis, there's Iron Man & Hulk, Iron Man: Armor Wars.

Since you're from Netherlands, i assume there is a panini collection of Fialkov's Ultimates Cataclysm 3-issue story, that was good stuff too. It sports a very cartoony art style however. Jason Aaron's Captain America is enjoyable too. Nathan Edmonson's Iron Man is enjoyable too, also sports very cartoony artstyle tho.

Tho Nathan's Iron Man mini could had been easily an 616 story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    I just took a look at the June/July solits. We get two issues of Spider-man and his ultimate friends in june and two UFF in july. That's awesome !
    I'd like to see the Ultimate line settle into a schedule where one book double ships a month/ mini series so that there's one ultimate book a week.

You know what's getting REALLY on my nerves? All these appreciation threads. Wow. They really deserve a sub-forum.

BANNED

I'm not a fan of this change. There's a few things I wanted to ask in the Off-Topic thread.

In the last version of this forum, I wanted to reply to Agemoi's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Agemoi
    Right?! UGH! ALL of those are such promising story lines that were just dropped and forgotten. Especially the one with Sinister/Apocalypse coming back at the end of Spencer's run. That thread probably kills me the most since it seemed to be leading somewhere AND making Havok relevant. I really hope it comes back around at some point. Marvel has to know the sales are as good as they're gonna get SO STOP CHANGING YOUR TALENT! UGH. I go to sleep hoping they're kicking themselves.
    Yeah, the feeling's mutual. Spencer even said he was leading up towards a big Ultimate Age of Apocalypse X-Men even of sorts. The way the cast was decimated and ripped apart with Ultimatum and the difficult positions Spencer put the remaining heroes afterwards was so intriguing. I really enjoyed seeing all the different, smaller groups of characters with their personal struggles and different perspectives and moral ambiguity. Like Colossus killing that guard at Camp Angel. A lot of fans were really happy when Brian Wood brought everyone back together but I myself really enjoyed seeing all the different groups of mutants, their individual conflicts and how they went about achieving their goals differently in a world that feared and hated mutants and I would have liked to have seen it continue for a little while longer. I think when you have such a large team of mutants, it's wise to break them down into smaller groups and pair up characters who don't usually interact with each other, all whilst providing more individual character insight. And the book can switch between teams pretty much at random if the writer wants too, and even introduce a completely new group of characters like a Mach Two team with a host of "un-Ultimatized" characters.

I'm glad that mentors like Xavier, Magneto, Cyclopes and Emma Frost were killed off. It was time for the heroes to think and act for themselves without their masters telling then what to do or guiding then or providing then with all the answers. That doesn't interest me. It was time for the teens to grow up. Schooooooooools. Out! For! Ever!

I also really enjoyed learning more about Quicksilver's mysterious agenda. I know he was being manipulated by Apocalypse and his apparitions but I suspect there was a more logical reason as to why he helped commission the Nimrod Sentinels and round up the mutants into camps. I guess now we'll never know.

It was all leading to big tings. Apocalypse had risen, a New Brotherhood was established, lead by Quicksilver, and characters like him and Havok were being played like puppets. The mystery behind Apocalypse manipulating Quicksilver to commission the Nimrod's, and both Reverend Stryker and Magneto carrying out God's will in Ultimatum, with Stryker's godly ambition being followed right through to the arc "His Will Be Done", plus Spencer saying he was going to tie up loose ends from Ultimatum and using elements from it, Ultimate Comics: X-Men was a true post-Ultimatum book, dealing with the aftermath of a culling of mutants. It's Apocalypse' goal to destroy all mutants, and one may even argue that he could have manipulated some of the events that lead to the huge culling of the UXM cast. One thing's for sure, Spencer's arc was full of mystery and it's a real shame it never came to fruition. Who's this Layla Miller? Why is she taking about Rasputin? What are Sinister and Roxxon up to?

In this thread, I made a post about how I would like to see the UXM book relaunched. I provided a synopsis for what I would like to see in each arc of a new UXM series.

And Hickman's Ultimates was just.. pure comic book ecstasy. The dude knows how to write compelling Sci-Fi and give characters a distinct voice. I read a chunk of Avengers/New Avengers and all of Infinity to get my fix, and while it was really good stuff, it just isn't the same. Hopefully someone is wise enough to grill the marvel panels as the year goes on about all these damn plot threads.
    I could type all day about the misery I felt about all those loose ends from Hickman's Ultimates epic being dismissed, but instead, may I direct you to another thread? I made a really long three part post about the development of superhumans on a global scale, as they replace humans as the dominant species and the inevitable outcomes of this new superhuman world. From Millar's realistic, grounded Earth with super powered people in it, to an Earth where it was no longer necessarily realistic to be realistic anymore, which is the beautiful irony of how Hickman attempted to develop the Ultimate world.

Lots of posters made some really good articles/posts in these threads. If you got a spare hour, you might want to check them out.

Ultimate Galactus. It's 3 tpbs and probably the best mini series ever in the UU. Ultimate War can be read as a mini, but it works better inside of Millar's Ultimate X-Men run. Sinister Six is awesome as well.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I liked Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra